• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Female training-PTC style

Markos, I e-mailed you on 01 Jan but not sure if you didn't receive, or you thought it was a feed of whiny crap and deleted it ;-).

Am currently in a campaign at the gym I joined last month to reinstitute the squat rack (the last owner took the good equipment and it hasn't been replaced but there's umpity million bloody treadmills) and I'll be in touch.

lol...........I just found your email, it went to junk mail.

I'll give you a call tomorrow if thats cool

If it hasnt got a squat rack its not really a gym

I have a girls lifting group at 6.00pm Monday, 7.00pm Tuesday and 7.00pm wednesday. The size of the group varies but its only $12.50 a session.

No need to book, just rock up and lift if you want to.

The girls vary in strength too, from novice to strong, so dont worry about not fitting in.

The girls are training with an eye on the Easter Strongman comp.

In the past only Nina has competed because she was the only girl capable of doing the majority of the events like BP bodyweight, SQ 1.5 x bw, Chins with weight etc.

If I get 5 girls interested, I'll have a seperate womens section with adjustments. So far I have 4 girls.

I've modified it from the mens to encourage other girls. As it was, Annie won the recent 5 lift comp and isnt able to do 6 of the 10 events, pointless entering, she'd be standing around all day.

So the changes for women are.

Bench 75% of bw for 1 minute
Box Squat bw to 29cm box for 1 minute
Chin, overhand, no weight
C&P 75% of bw for 1 minute
UDL 48kg/33cm box 1 minute
Keg press lighter keg
136m sprint - no medley
Farmers Walk 40kg x 40m in each hand
Around The World

Thats it, 9 events.

Dimi last night box squatted 85kg, thats brilliant.

The girls are getting between 20-30 reps on UDL

I'll post up more progress training reports as the girls do them

Girls if you can get down to Melbourne over Easter you will have so much fun, there are no ego's, not all of us are going to be able to score in all the events but everyone will be cheering you on anyway. Lets show these boys what we are made of! You all should check out the ptc Frankston website's You Tube page to see what we get up to (flex cam is a must) it shows you to a T!!! Very funny. We have boys flying down from all around OZ 3 or 4 times a year.... Think about it!!! ;)

Go Annie and the PTC girls!

I wish I could..... I even had BATB in Sept lined up in my diary..... except I'm due in October and I don't think I'm going to be in much shape this year!

Be sure to tell us all about the how the comp went, though :)

Hi guys, This is my first Ausbb post - yipiii

I have only been training at PTC for about a month and a half and I'm entering the 'Stong Man' comp.... the more girls that compete the more interesting it will be :)

Plus even if you come last (as i experienced in the last comp) you still get a pretty funky T.

Hope lost of people enter

Dim:p

As I said to the bloke who came last, if you come last in a PTC comp you would still be the strongest person - man or woman - at a mainstream gym. Not really something to be ashamed of ;)

I found the PTC website late last year and ramped up my training because I realised that the PTC girls were kicking my arse in raw KGs (esp that girl who was pulling a ~140kg DL) and obviously leaving me for dead when BW is taken into account.

Well done, girls!

Some updates.

Dimi now totals 407.5kg.

Squat 100kg
Deadlift 130kg
powerclean 57.5kg
overhead 57.5kg
Bench 62.5kg

Annie now totals 423.5kg

Squat 85kg
Deadlift 133.5kg
Powerclean 67.5kg
Overhead 72.5kg
Bench 65kg

On Saturday I had Nina, Annie and Dimi benching together. All 3 girls bench over 60kg. You dont see that often in a gym.

They'll be squatting tonight.

Annie is a machine!!

She makes everything look easy!

I'll keep trying to match your total annie!

hehehe! :p

Dimi managed a 60kg push press yesterday, her total is now 410kg.

Amy managed my 272m run in 51 seconds, quick girl.

We are conducting body fat % tests at PTC for the PTC Physique transformation challenge.

The girls are producing some excellent results.

Nina 15%
Annie 17%
Brittany 18%
Monica 20%
Lara 22%

These are 12 site tests. As far as the guys go, Max was 12% and little Nick 14%.

A healthy male is 15% and a healthy female is 25%, so the girls are going very well.

The Strong Man Comp is cancelled, I was so looking forward to it! Now we are looking at the CAPO powerlifting comp in May... can't wait for that, at the moment there is about 15-20 PTC guys and girls going in it. All of you guys on Aus BB should come down to meets us and cheer us on.

whys the strongman cancelled?

good to see PTC people hitting the CAPO events, i think they will do really well.