• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Female training-PTC style

Nina and Annie benched tonight, got through PPP easily.

They then did rack presses. Nina is VERY strong at these, she is approaching double bodyweight.

Nina did 110kg x 2 and Annie got 75kg x 3 I think.

Tonight Dimi broke the PTC womens squat record. She first squatted 107.5kg, then singled 110kg twice.

She may even get 120kg at the States

Dimi, Annie and Nina trained together on Saturday, just testing openers.

Annie and Dimi deadlifted 125kg, Nina did 110kg. Dimi and Annie will be looking at 135kg, Nina will be attempting double bodyweight 120kg

Dimi and Nina pause benched 65kg, Annie got 60kg. Annie may have to settle with 60kg, she missed 65kg and has a touch and go PB of 62.5kg. I'm not sure Dimi will get much more than 65kg, Nina should get 67.5kg comfortably, Dimi is a chance.

They will test squat openers this week.

Dimi, Annie and Nina hit the sauna tonight for Saturdays weigh in.

Nina is 59.6kg tonight, Annie is 72.4kg, Dimi still has work to do at 83kg.

They weigh in at 9.30am on Saturday, they may be a touch lighter.

Nina and Annie have followed my cut down plan to a tee. Its hard to believe Annie was once 95kg ( 14 months ago)

Well done to all the dynamites at PTC. I truly hope they don't take you for granted Markos since passionate and on the mark coaches like you are few and far in between indeed...if only they knew!

Fadi.

They do the hard work Fadi, simply listening to me is taxing enough lol

Nina just rang me from the weigh in at Body World in Balaclava

Nina 59.1kg
Annie 71.75kg
Dimi 82.0kg
Vicki 58.0kg

All 4 girls made weight

Nina won Best Female lifter, Dimi finished 3rd, Annie 4th and Vicki 5th.

The girls did very, very well, they set plenty of National Records, more details later

Here are the girls from PTC who competed at the State Powerlifting Championships.

Nina finished first
index.php

Dimi finished 3rd
index.php

Annie finished fourth
index.php

Vicki finished 5th
index.php

Thanks, hope to see you competing soon.

Last night Nina and Annie did deload band squats, Nina went up to 130kg and Annie did 100kg.

Dimi has gone MIA, she has missed 2 weeks, is going overseas for a couple more, she may struggle at the Nats if she even bothers to enter.

The girls have finished week 2 of PPP, Dimi hasnt started.

I have a client, I can't say I've trained her "PTC style", but I can say that in every session we've done a deep knee-bend, picked something heavy up off the floor and put something heavy overhead. She's made great progress.

I was trying to get to visit the state comp. I've worked with her for 3 months now, not including the month when she had to train on her own while I was away in Peru. She is 1.65m, medium frame, and began as 75kg soft and sedentary, netball background.

First session she could do just 3 knee pushups, and a set of 10 lunges was a real struggle for her. She's now a harder 72kg, with smaller butt and thighs and waist and no longer has spaghetti arms, in her last workout she did pressups 2x20 as part of warmup, front squatted 60kg 3x10, deadlifted 100kg 3x6, and overhead pressed 25kg 3x6. She also did her first chinup two weeks ago, we've not worked on improving that, though.

She doesn't have strength as a goal but I'm trying to encourage her in that. She's shy ;)

Well, you are in fact training her the same way we train at PTC.

We didnt invent that style of training, we just adopted, just like you are.

Nice work Kyle, she sounds very strong and its great to see she's accepted your methods, for without acceptance, she wouldnt be moving those weights.

Markos, i have a question for you if you dont mind.
When training the women in your gym, do you notice a big weight change? Obviously their body shape changes and their fat loss increases, but with actual scales do you notice a dramatic change or is that something that you find only important with competing clients?

Good question.

I'll start with Nina.

Nina used to do what I term as cross training. She would lift weights and run, always watched what she ate. She did before I even met her 20 years ago.

SAhe didnt specialize in anything, was a recreational lifter who liked to jog, she ran a half marathon and won some sneakers.

She weighed 63kg. She took pics to enter the Body For Life Challenge and she was devastated.

Being a woman, she had never really listened to me before. She asked for my help. I told her I thought that signing up to lift in a comp would be the best motivator. We chose the CAPO National Titles in 2007. I told her I would only help her if she did EVERYTHING I told her. She agreed.

First thing we did was stop running. Next was focus on increasing the weights she was using. A few months later she competed at 58kg, set State Records and won her weight class.

She lost 5kg AFTER she stopped muscle wasting jogging. She did no cardio during this time at all. Makes you wonder why people think walking and jogging makes them lean.

Annie dropped from 95kg to 71kg, time frame March 2009 till May 2010, and set a National Bench Press record.

Dimi is not nearly as disciplined as either of the 2 girls mentioned, misses sessions and doesnt prepare meals, but she has lost around 10kg, 92kg to 82kg in around 6 months.

Her Doctor told her she needed lap band surgery, its why she started training with me.

Now for a girl to increase her weight, she would need to eat a surplus of calories. I dont have any girls looking for increased weight, just leaner bodies.

Nina and Annie actually tested at 15 and 17% bodyfat from memory, thats very low for a female.

Clean eating, heavy weights, simple, not easy.

Good luck Sara. Christian tells me you drink like a fish, every night, and that he finds Krispy Kreme boxes in your car. You'll have to stop that.

LOL well if he did say that he is talking out of his ears!! i never ever ate krispy kreme donuts and i definately don't drink. i used to many a moon ago, but i haven't in 2 years.

The girls at PTC really encourage and motivate me and well so do the guys in the gym that work on their chicken leg calves, knowing i deadlift more than what they weigh makes me smile! lol :)

LOL well if he did say that he is talking out of his ears!! i never ever ate krispy kreme donuts and i definately don't drink. i used to many a moon ago, but i haven't in 2 years.

The girls at PTC really encourage and motivate me and well so do the guys in the gym that work on their chicken leg calves, knowing i deadlift more than what they weigh makes me smile! lol :)

He's pulling your leg... He does that often ;)

Looks like Brittany is going to compete. She is back training hard, she has the female PTC deadlift record of 140kg @ 72kg, and shes only 20yo.

She is doing PPP, so her lifts should start to move up quickly.

Good to hear :)

I've used her 140kg DL video as example many times when guys bitch about their grip and say they're going to use gloves or straps. Always does the trick & shut them up!

Nina and Annie have got through week 3 of PPP, as has Brittany.

Brittany has st lowish targets due to not having lifted heavy for quite a while.

She is actually doing each lift twice a week now, she is doing the 80kg squat, 65kg bench and 125kg deadlift. At 72kg these will be easy openers for her. She is a junior (20yo)

Shortly we will adjust these weights up, were not rushing it, we have plenty of time.