• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Female training-PTC style

Not if you weigh 45kg.

You know your own body better than I do, but I feel that you are underweight unless you are 3'11", which I know youre not

I guess you are trying to gain weight eating that much

Good luck

Found a woman Jess working out today, doing short-of-touch-and-go "deadlifts" and that sort of thing. Had a chat to her, turns out she wanted to get strong and grow muscles. She said, "I used to be 73kg, only 68kg now, what should I do?"
"Eat food."
"It's hard to eat a lot."
"Then drink milk."
"I used to want to be a weightlifter, but I know I'm too old to start."
"How old are you?"
"29."
"Not too old. Could you win gold at the Olympics? Probably not. But you could learn and lift well if you work hard."
"Really?"
"Yes."

I talked to her some more, she didn't know the difference between Olympic and powerlifting. I told her about the trainer who works out at an Oly gym, and that she could have a longer career in powerlifting. But basically whatever the style, she just wants to get bigger and stronger.

She said she had pulled 80kg, I tried her out and she was right. I'm certain she could do 90kg once she has proper technique - she was extending her knees first, etc. Not sure why she'd been given bench press on a swiss ball in the rack and the like, it did not really accord with her goals. I will sort her out.

Nicole pulled 120kg today, PB

Sussy, Josta and Amy pulled 105kg, PB's

Jo pulled 100kg, couldnt lock out 105kg

Sussy squatted 80kg in her preparation for ProRawOne on Saturday

Hey PTC,
I am wondering how many days on/off do you like your girls to train/rest? Or is it more about each individual?
I hate rest days, they annoy the shit out of me even though I am well aware of the rationale behind them. I have tried everything to get out of them but my trainer will not budge. I'm one of those people who can be done in 30 mins but an hour later is ready to go again.
I do 4 x 30 minute sessions, weights only,no cardio, all with trainer mon/tue on, wed off, thur/fri on, sat/sun off.
How hard are your girls going at it? I see you sometimes mention the girls doing more than one session a day??? have I got that right? how does that work???
Do I just need to suck it up really and work on fidning a more positive way to view it?

but Hamburgler, I don't want to do cardio, I've been offered on my off days boring treadmill or cross trainer for 20 mins, some abs, 20 mins on boring bike, last week I tried stupid zumba class, freeking unco disaster that was, won't be using that as an option....
i just wanna lift more days...and knowing why i shouldn't doesn't make me stop wanting it : (

I'm one of those people who can be done in 30 mins but an hour later is ready to go again.
I do 4 x 30 minute sessions, weights only,no cardio,
You might be ready to go again, but are you ready to do MORE an hour later?

Because what stimulates your muscles to grow isn't simply thrashing them to exhaustion, it's doing more in each session than you did before - more weight lifted, or the same weight lifted more times. An hour later, could you do MORE than you did? If so, then your sessions are too easy for now. Still, if you do more in every session, at some point you won't be able to do more an hour later.

Because what stimulates your muscles to grow isn't simply thrashing them to exhaustion, it's doing more in each session than you did before - more weight lifted, or the same weight lifted more times.

You know Kyle, I was sitting here thinking about editing that to say "who thinks they are right to go again".
I know, I know, you sound like my trainer...he is immune to my impatience which in the long term is going to be whats best for me, in the short term, it annoys the crap out of me every single time, tomorrow after my morning session I will realise that's it and that I have to rest wednesday and it will bum me out.

An hour later, could you do MORE than you did? If so, then your sessions are too easy for now. Still, if you do more in every session, at some point you won't be able to do more an hour later.

No, in reality I physically couldn't do more than I did just one hour later I don't think...but my brain is ready for more straight away...

Effective training is about pushing you close to your physical limits, so that your limits rise - not about pushing you past those physical limits, which injures you.

If you do have a desire to thrash yourself into collapsed exhaustion, ask yourself why. Because that's self-destructive. Something for you to think about.

If you do have a desire to thrash yourself into collapsed exhaustion, ask yourself why. Because that's self-destructive. Something for you to think about.[/QUOTE]

Kyle, you are onto it, I was the Queen of self destruction...no desire for going BACK to collapsed exhaustion, if I did, I would just attack the cardio and in 1 week I will have lost the entire 5kg I have worked my arse off to gain in the last 5 months.
I just love lifting, love the strength, the self confidence, the achievement, the satisfaction, the control, the sweat, the pain, the changes in my body, the 'me' time, the progress and the buzz!
I know I have to rest...I'm doing far more about it than just think about it kyle. CBT :)

Nina is the only girl who does twice a day on occasions, but she is very strong and well conditioned.

My weight sessions last an hour, I tack on KB work at the end.

My KB/Cardio sessions leave people without the will to live

Plenty of girls have come in with an attitude that they will smoke it

They never come back

All my girls train a different amount of sessions

the ones doing best train 3-4 times a week. Girls always finish with KB work

Hope this was helpful

Thanks for the info PTC...
I just have to learn to chill out, put on a few more kilos and then should be able to step it up aother session i spose...maybe.
Looking forward to the ProRAW girls bench footage...the squats were awesome..go girls!

Bench is up

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jCdsZ1DWsc]YouTube - ProRaw, Taylor benches 85kg@68kg,awesome[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua93cFWaOe8]YouTube - ProRawOne, Dimi benches 82.5kg@95kg[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1xy32yb_e0]YouTube - ProRawOne, Annie benches 70kg@75kg[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3haWZwi-7ms]YouTube - ProRawOne, Sussy misses 57.5kg bench[/ame]

Great work girls...I love benchn.
Sussy was close, surely she will have that 57.5kg in no time.
I'm chasing down 62.5kg next but not for a few weeks, gotta play with higher reps in the 55-60kg range for a while so I don't get ahead of myself...as I do.

Sussy has already benched 60kg in the gym.

A paused bench in competition is much tougher.

Mr Excel was there on Saturday having a look.