• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Female training-PTC style

lis (my wife) tried a couple of 1rm spontaneously tonight. she benched 50kg easily and just missed 55kg. she also did a 92.5kg deadlift after doing her 70x8x3 sets. i think she could easily do 100kg deadlift fresh and she should do a 60kg bench easily in a couple of weeks. not bad for 57kg.

Markos, what have the girls been up to the last week??? Don't forget to keep the girls stuff coming...
Sussy, you should give us your update.

Vicki, Nina and Sussy are currently doing PPP, they had deadlifts and UDL's today, as well as powercleans.

If it wasnt so funny it would be scary.

These guys are proffesionals.

I'd love Dr Labotomy to respond to my newsletter, although he wont, because I have no initials after my name.

I reckon I'm going to go with

Markos Markopoulos PTC, HTFU, LOL

Try BSc = Bronze Swimming Certificate ;)

In the 2 min UDL rep challenge, the girls use a 64kg KB, standing on 30cm blocks

Vicki, 58kg - 5 reps
Nina, 60kg - 28 reps
Sussy, 61kg - 12 reps

All 3 girls had just finished PPP on deadlifts and had done a stack of powercleans. They would get more fresh.

No idea.

Had a new girl join up tonight, a stripper. Great chick, very strong. Never touched a weight before, very nervous. Benched 35kg x 8, did KB deadlifts with 56kg x 20

Sussy benched 52.5kg x 3 today, doing PPP
Nina squatted 90kg x 3, PPP
Kate deadlifted 120kg, just missed locking out 130kg

I think Kate may compete at CAPO states. She also squatted 60kg x 3 x 3 and benched 40kg x 5 x 3. She weighs 62kg.

Had another new girls start last night. The group of girls on Wednesday night has grown to 7 , Amy, Jo, Karen, Monica, Josta, Jessica, Emily.

Lots of strong girls coming through..us guys need to keep pushing haha don't wanna be over taken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SQ 157.5 | BP 115 paused | DL 190 @ 78kg

Your not wrong Johnny.

Kyle has a group of girls that are really starting to push good weights.

Obviously with Nina lifting, I have always had a great interest in womens strength.

The sad thing is most women end up with fucking idiots for trainers. You only have to read some journals to see that.

The women at PTC do the same programs as the men. There is no touchy feely from me. They train the same, no gloves, no bitch pads, no assisted reps. Once my hands touch the bar, it is racked, set over. Same applies with the men, which most on here understand that.

I have yet to produce a bulky woman, yet they lift very heavy weights. The more women that understand that, the better.

It looks like I have another couple of girls willing to start competing. The weights are progressing, they are lifting more often, Monica is now doing 4 nights a week, as is Sussy, Kate does 2 and is looking to add another.

I train and prepare girls (and men) so they can train anywhere else without me. Annie has now moved her bench press up to 70kg training elsewhere. I dont load bars for them, I dont touch bars whilst their lifting, they wouldnt dare crack it with me, they are serious lifters who want to know how much weight they're lifting.

Hence why we are succesful in competition. Its also why I ignore gym lifts, especially compared to a girl who has competed (and set world records, I have 4).

The girls are easily holding there own compared to the guys.

I cant wait till Kyles girls get the itch to compete. They actually have no idea how lucky they are to have a coach who knows what he is doing. Not an easy thing to find.

I'm hoping they'll want to compete, too. That's part of my sneaky plan of taking them from the one-on-one sessions into a group together - awaken a bit of competitive spirit, who's going to be inspired to compete training on their own?

I don't prohibit gloves or pads, but I do tell them, "you don't need them, and they'll mess up your lifts and progress, let's try it without them." Off they come, and they never go back on.

And thanks for the vote of confidence. Just as I write this, Michelle Bridges is on the radio advertising the AIF, "travel the world!" Her and the whole advert are wrong on so many levels I don't know where to start. I feel sure Bridges never coached a woman to squat her bodyweight on her back.

im pretty sure my missus could be pretty competitive if she wanted to be but she wont even let me take a video to post on here never mind competing. she just trains for health. if she had a proper trainer (she does everything herself) and actually trained for strength she'd be a machine. tonight she will deadlift 77.5x3x8 after a couple of months back into lifting. the other night she benched 55kg pretty easily straight after doing 40x3x12 then a few days later did 47.5x3x8. shes a steady and lean 57kg still.

hope you dont mind me regularly posting up (gloating) about her in here markos even though shes not a PTC girl. she does train "PTC style" though in that she uses no bar pads, no gloves, no belt, no assistance, loads her own bars and never does any fluff. plus she learnt everything from me and i learnt everything from you. :p

This thread is for everyone, especially girls.

Droo, does she read this? If not ask her to read this

Stop fucking around and go compete. Girls with a natural talent for lifting shouldnt waste it. Everyone thinks its a mans sport. Thats rubbish.

You and Droo should compete together. Henry Day is holding State titles this month in Perth.

Four years Nina was like you, wasting her talent in the gym. She entered the Nationals and hasnt looked back.

Too many girls fart around in the gym, lifting crappy weights in fear of getting "too big". Other have morons for trainers and never get strong enough to compete.

Do it

Do it

Do it