• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Female training-PTC style

she doesnt read here but ill get her to look at this. i dont like your chances...

as for me competing, maybe in a couple of years when this law degree is out the way and im lifting respectable numbers.

Looks like Kate will compete at ProRaw and CAPO.

She is now training 3 times a week. Yesterday she power cleaned 52.5kg, she just missed 55kg.

She will cleaning 60kg in a few weeks.

Kate weighs 62kg and is quite tall. She has already deadlifted double bodyweight. She is currently doing the 135kg program.

She also did 5 UDL's with the 80kg KB

Speaking of strong girls, there's a 14 year old girl at my gym that squats 110kg. She weighs maybe 70, I'm not sure though she could be less. She's probably stronger than all the boys her age, she just looks like a normal girl though.

Won't see her powerlifting though as she's a bloody good cyclist.

Speaking of strong girls, there's a 14 year old girl at my gym that squats 110kg. She weighs maybe 70, I'm not sure though she could be less. She's probably stronger than all the boys her age, she just looks like a normal girl though.

Won't see her powerlifting though as she's a bloody good cyclist.

thats pretty dam impressive.

This thread is for everyone, especially girls.

Droo, does she read this? If not ask her to read this

Stop fucking around and go compete. Girls with a natural talent for lifting shouldnt waste it. Everyone thinks its a mans sport. Thats rubbish.

You and Droo should compete together. Henry Day is holding State titles this month in Perth.

Four years Nina was like you, wasting her talent in the gym. She entered the Nationals and hasnt looked back.

Too many girls fart around in the gym, lifting crappy weights in fear of getting "too big". Other have morons for trainers and never get strong enough to compete.

Do it

Do it

Do it

i showed her this last night and to my surprise she said she wouldnt mind looking into competing. well her first reaction was actually to tell me to tell you shes not worried about getting "too big" because shes not an idiot. :p but she said it might be good for her to have something to work towards. i showed her the rep challenge and worked out the numbers she'd have to lift which daunted her a bit but i reminded her shes only been lifting again for two months...

anyway we'll see what comes of it.

A mate and his missus came over to Dicko's PTC (lol my shed with a bar and a half rack) and she had a go at some lifts. She's all of 50kg, 5 ft nothing. Asian girl (well Aussie but you know what I mean).
Perfect leverages and form for squats after a couple of goes. Did the bar only and then 30kg. ATG for 5-6 reps.
Deadlifted 60kg with ease. She said it was light but her hands/grip hurt.
Clean and jerked 30kg as well.

mate says they will try and get to mine every week for a session. pretty excited to see how she goes with a bit of training.

She gave me the "I don't want to get bulky" line. How do I reply to this??

She gave me the "I don't want to get bulky" line. How do I reply to this??
Just use one of Markos' classics.

"Strength is built in the gym, size at the dinner table."

"Girls that lift won't get massive, girls that don't lift will get massive."

Show her the PTC youtube channel. Some of the women lifting are small, some bigger, all are strong. Their size is about their diet, not so much their lifting. Here's a non-PTC example, she is basically a stick-like midget, pulling more than twice her bodyweight off the floor.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB-eGVKhoW0]YouTube - Kat 225 deadlift at 96-98 pounds!!![/ame]

so here are lis's debut videos. 57.5kg and 60kg bench at 57kg. you can see how easy the 57.5kg one was. for the 60kg the bar fell out of the groove and she just muscled it up so it was pretty messy. she was pretty proud of herself. this was done after deadlifting 75x3x8 then hitting a deadlift PB of 95kg and then 50x3x8 bench.

[YOUTUBE]F1qkIBlTADI[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]s13JBdjDz_Y[/YOUTUBE]

No sprinting, she was a gymnast and competitive swimmer when she was in primary and high school. But I have drilled into her to bench explosively.

Today Monica at 64kg did SQ52.5kg 1x20, OHP27.5kg 5,5,3 and DL70kg 2,3. She also did Tabata thrusters, 6kg x60. Good squatter, I think.

Sussy became just the second girl at PTC to pause bench body weight today. She made 60kg @ 60kg. She is a dream to coach. She also squats 90kg and deadlifts 105kg.

She has now lost 8kg without doing any kind of aerobics or running, just discipline.

Nina paused 65kg @ 60kg, Brittany benched 50kg x 5, Kate benched 42.5kg x 4.

Jo, Amy and Karen all benched 45kg easily

Sussy became just the second girl at PTC to pause bench body weight today. She made 60kg @ 60kg. She is a dream to coach. She also squats 90kg and deadlifts 105kg.

She has now lost 8kg without doing any kind of aerobics or running, just discipline.

Nina paused 65kg @ 60kg, Brittany benched 50kg x 5, Kate benched 42.5kg x 4.

Jo, Amy and Karen all benched 45kg easily

The quicker more women (or some guys for that matter) learn this the better

so here are lis's debut videos. 57.5kg and 60kg bench at 57kg. you can see how easy the 57.5kg one was. for the 60kg the bar fell out of the groove and she just muscled it up so it was pretty messy. she was pretty proud of herself. this was done after deadlifting 75x3x8 then hitting a deadlift PB of 95kg and then 50x3x8 bench.

[YOUTUBE]F1qkIBlTADI[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]s13JBdjDz_Y[/YOUTUBE]

video is private

So Sussy, Nina and Monica are representing PTC at the States.

Sussy has cut from 68kg to 59kg, I'll wait till weigh in, amazing story.

She will be opening with 55kg in the bench, pausing it easily.

Monica is around 58kg, she will total around 200kg I think, only been powerlifting for a month.