• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I can get an Opposite Lock awning for 250.

Saw a 'comparison' video yesterday of a jeep GC vs a GU patrol... For some reason they were saying the gc was better when it was obvious they were not
i was told it was worth $500 who knows? ill chuck it on gumtree see what happens

Hey guys,

Any preference with bars from ARB, OL, ECB, TJM, MCC or Ironman?

Checked out a lot of bars so far and TJM seem the worst (and most expensive for some reason?) They are as thin as a coke can. OL seem the best, very thick and well reccomended. Also about the cheapest too. ARB seem good but expensive.

Iron Man i have been told to steer clear of as they are cheap and nasty, not checked out MCC though.

Can get a OL Fleet bar for about $1050, or a deluxe post/loop for about $1500

Oh and one day when i get to Tassie i want to walk some of the inland tracks like this one:

tumblr_mmq7axEMdf1s8p4ffo1_1280.jpg

Yeah I have not been a fan of TLM stuff, ARB is good and I have one on my hilux, but was there when I bought it, as you said expensive, Ironman unsure of but heard some horror stories and some good, so I guess take your chance.

All depends on what you want, XRox bars are suppose to be great but more of a comp style looking bar.

Yeah not too interested in just the winch bar the Xrox is, want to have something that will give me a chance of surviving a hit with a cow/bull on the road haha

I guess with ARB as they are expensive they have built their name up over time and generally the quality of their products have stood the test of time and they haven't rested on their laurels and started producing poorer quality products.

So I am just starting to look around for new dual cab ute, thinking I have narrowed it down to 3, PX Ford Ranger, Holden Colorado and the trusty Toyota Hilux

which ever I get will be diesel, only reason I am throwing the Colorado in there is that my Bro inlaw works for Holden and can basically get a brand new one for the price of a good second hand one of either the Hilux or Ranger, I know the Hilux holds it value longer, and the Ranger is suppose to have a cracking motor but still not sure, reason I want to get good second hand it to pay a little more but get one that has been kitted out, will still be cheaper then getting a stocker and kitting it out myself.

Thoughts?

I don't like the lux much myself, it is not as good on the road as the Ranger or colorado.

Only heard two bad things about the ranger: 1) The auto box. 2) If you run out of coolant and the motor overheats, it's finished. The head gasket fuses the head to the block and everything needs to be replaced.

Certainly the most after-market stuff you can get would be for the lux.

I'd go the Ranger though.

I don't like the lux much myself, it is not as good on the road as the Ranger or colorado.

Only heard two bad things about the ranger: 1) The auto box. 2) If you run out of coolant and the motor overheats, it's finished. The head gasket fuses the head to the block and everything needs to be replaced.

Certainly the most after-market stuff you can get would be for the lux.

I'd go the Ranger though.

Yeah well outta those issue with the Ranger one wont effect me as I am after a manual, the other one well, running out of coolant has the potential to ruin any engine so fingers crossed that one wont be effecting me either.

I am leaning towards the Ranger I think they look great and nice and roomy for the family with a strong motor.

The hilux, well, what can I say I have a 91 lux so do have a soft spot for them but am thinking Toyota have rested on their laurels a bit the ole lux, I know they are due for a new model soon but the current one has been going for nearly 10yrs on the current platform and motor is only average and have heard some issues with D4D.

Colorado I would have been much happier with it if it was still running the ISUZU diesel, but seeing as the brother in law is an engineer for them any issues should be sorted pretty quickly and for the price of a new one it is hard to look past, but then I will have to go spending 5-10k getting all the accessories I want for touring.

I need to make a choice about bullbars... missus wants a shiny one, i want one with a winch.

Compromise:

070ap15f50l-03.jpg

Mitsubishi-Protector-Large.jpg

Ironman one is nice because it has 'fog lights'... TJM one is nice because i know it's a better quality unit

Shiny ones are a bitch!
They are a bitch to clean and a bitch when the sun hits them in the wrong spot

Yeah it does... may as well just chrome a steel one :s

Saharabar isn't a triloop... would raher go an Xrox than a Sahara

Mate get a proper bull bar or none at all.

The TJM one will last you one kanga and it will be scrap.

Stay away from IronMan, have one on my work car and it's fucked, only hit about 6 roos in it and it looks like it's been in a demolition derby it's bend every which way, about to get replaced, the gauge of the steel is way too thin.

My old truck had an ARB bar, lost count of the roos I hit in that, but a conservative guess would be around the 100-120 (counting an average of about 2 per week over 12 months), and it looked like the day it came out the factory when the car was sold on. ARB would be my pick of the bars.

Yeah i heard the same as well. The TJM and Ironman bars are like coke cans they are so thin. The OL bars are damn thick, probably thicker than ARB's.