• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I heard PA doesnt like it much if you say you train at PTC?

I'm not sure if that is the case. Certainly not as far as the Perth chapter of PTC is concerned anyway.

But I don't really know. I have had little contact with any official since re-joining as a member this year. Last time I was a member it was called APF.

Haven't met Paul, but watching from the sidelines over the past few years he seems to be a good ambassador for the sport and clearly a legit natural lifter. The only name I really remember from old days who is still there is Alan S. He red lighted me for uneven extension at a bench press comp once. He's a lifetime clean lifter who has seen multiple culture changes in his time. I can't imagine either of these gentlemen would give a flying fuck where anyone trains, just show up at the meet and play by the rules.

Jack Rowley was watching Al and I do some deadlifts at Curtin one evening. He commented that my technique looked worse than Al's. Surely not!

I spent the weekend at a PA associated gym with PA Lifters. There was no "us and them", they knew I was PTC & GPC associated, they asked me questions, I asked them questions. The facilitator asked questions about GPC so those who were there not associated with any Powerlifting could understand the different techniques and rulings across different federations. The facilitator included the CAPO member also.

I really don't think everyone in each federation should be painted with the same colour brush, when most lifters are there for the sport, not the politics.

Was that the course that Scott Hill was at?

Here in Brisbane, it's probably a safe bet to say that most competitive lifters at UQPWC (where most of our PA meets are held) are probably with PA. I train at Strength Sports Gym, and the other week I think 11 of our lifters competed in a PA meet. Not sure what federation/s Iron Underground leans towards, but I know Paul Thompson who's in charge over there competes in PA, too.

SSG, IU and UQPWC are all PA associated gyms where most if not all lifters compete with PA. GCB is the same. But I don't think any of us would turn away a CAPO or GPC lifter if they wanted to train with us.

I'm confused- I don't get all this politics. I'm hoping to start soon and just want to lift. It seems like whatever I do, half the powerlifting population will have it in for me!...
Obviously my opinions don't count for anything, but from the outside, these issues seem to be to the detriment of the sport as a whole (a la World Series Cricket, Super League...).
After all, a house divided cannot stand...

I'm confused- I don't get all this politics. I'm hoping to start soon and just want to lift. It seems like whatever I do, half the powerlifting population will have it in for me!...
Obviously my opinions don't count for anything, but from the outside, these issues seem to be to the detriment of the sport as a whole (a la World Series Cricket, Super League...).
After all, a house divided cannot stand...

Its true that its to the detriment of the sport but unfortunately its the case. All feds have pros and cons. You just have to do your research and choose the fed that fits your needs best.

Half the population of powerlifting wont hate you. Most people who are part of powerlifting respect every lifter, its a small minority that ruin it for the people who just want to lift without the bullshit.

Callan, you need to pull your head in mate.
At the last GPC comp help in QLD there were 29 lifters, 10 from PTC. Thats closer to 30%, and being australia's only strength chain, what would you expect? We offer our lifters choice, they choose to lift where the competition is, and where the most comps are offered.

Von as for government funding, as mentioned, only one body receives it. Thats PA.
No matter what policies get put in place, no other fed.

Does PED's in PL get discussed at P&C meetings?
I must be doing my job right if they are.

Half the population of powerlifting wont hate you. Most people who are part of powerlifting respect every lifter, its a small minority that ruin it for the people who just want to lift without the bullshit.

Hence the birth of GPC, the lifters fed.

I'm glad that now you don't condone the use of prescribed medications for sporting advantage. This stance is however in contrast to your stated position on PED in sports that is preserved for all eternity in the print media. I'm glad you have made the necessary adaptation and now I can congratulate you on gaining 90kg on your squat, 70kg on your deadlift and 40kg on your bench within a time frame of approximately 12 months.

LOL.
You make it sound like Im trying to back away from something Ive said.... That wont happen, as I stand by everything I say, or apologise and correct myself if Im wrong.

I presume this is what your talking about?
http://www.couriermail.com.au/extras/qweekend/fff/features/pdfs/341.pdf

Please put on your glasses and show me where I said that it is ok to use steroids for personal gain? You cant because I didnt. Stop making shit up when you are clutching at straws.

The old "someone got stronger than me its must be steroids" line.

Zach has added 215kg to his squats in under 18months at PTC,
Chum has added 55kg to his squat in 4 months at PTC

Must be steroids.

Wait, no, they are 100% lifetime drug free.

They train hard, dont make excuses or sit around trying whinge and bitch about other feds.

This thread needs no more debate.

GPC wont be introducing any form of testing as it is not a financially viable option.

If lifters want to lift in a tested fed, they can lift in PA. If they dont, for what ever reason, GPC is here to stay.

I like GPC as a fed because it lets you compete however you want. Unless you want to be drug tested I guess. PA doesn't have this, they have loads of dumb rules and you can't wear wraps as raw. As a guy who's total is built from his deadlift I need dem der wraps!

Wraps are not raw. And aside from the non-association clause PA's rulese are perfectly fine.

But that's my 2c and along with the drug testing is why I lift with PA.

What "loads of dumb rules" are you speaking of 0ni?

LOL.
You make it sound like Im trying to back away from something Ive said.... That wont happen, as I stand by everything I say, or apologise and correct myself if Im wrong.

I presume this is what your talking about?
http://www.couriermail.com.au/extras/qweekend/fff/features/pdfs/341.pdf

Please put on your glasses and show me where I said that it is ok to use steroids for personal gain? You cant because I didnt. Stop making shit up when you are clutching at straws.

The old "someone got stronger than me its must be steroids" line.

Zach has added 215kg to his squats in under 18months at PTC,
Chum has added 55kg to his squat in 4 months at PTC

Must be steroids.

Wait, no, they are 100% lifetime drug free.

They train hard, dont make excuses or sit around trying whinge and bitch about other feds.

This thread needs no more debate.

GPC wont be introducing any form of testing as it is not a financially viable option.

If lifters want to lift in a tested fed, they can lift in PA. If they dont, for what ever reason, GPC is here to stay.

Fact of life Mr Moderator; there will always be someone stronger, better looking or smarter. Get over it. I don't know of too many disciples of iron who would begrudge another for having achieved something or use the "it must be steroids" line to belittle their achievements. I don't know if you are self projecting here or what your caper is, it's irrelevant.

Good for you and your chums on your achievements, and I mean that in the spirit of the lifters' creed. I was unclear on your stance with respect to PED but you have restated it and made it more clear now. The article you refer to is ambiguous and at that time you "weren't against them" and considered them "safer than alcohol". I don't need glasses, and that is not selective paraphrasing. Move on.

You seem to make a habit of snapping at people with alternative views particularly those whose intentions are not malicious. Hardly surprising, many driven folk are cantankerous and can be rather terse.

If someone's views are different to yours that does not imply they are against you or your "temple". Non- PTC Brisbane folk don't have to kiss your arse and agree with you. I choose not to arch my bench, that does not make me an imbecile just because you or some other lifter does. Yet, given the opportunity in a border less world, I would happily load the bar for you.

FYI I haven't bitched about other Feds. It is inappropriate to do so. It is not inappropriate to suggest that all lifting organisations consider adaptation for the greater good of the sport and its long term survivability. I would like to think the success of the GPC movement can attract more people to the strength sports (how many times now have I said positive things about GPC?). Just for the sake of all lifters, be prepared for continuing change and embrace it if you have to.

Wraps are not raw. And aside from the non-association clause PA's rulese are perfectly fine.

But that's my 2c and along with the drug testing is why I lift with PA.

What "loads of dumb rules" are you speaking of 0ni?
+1 to wraps arnt raw, if you want to use equipment you may as well go all out

oni, if you need to compete in a fed that allows wraps in raw because your squat laggs, have you ever thought about getting stronger? and why stop at wraps? may as well use a suit too.

so called "loads of dumb rules"
actually having to squat to depth, actual paused benches and locked out deadlifts.

ahahahahaha

id like to know what hes actually on about as well

I like GPC as a fed because it lets you compete however you want. Unless you want to be drug tested I guess. PA doesn't have this, they have loads of dumb rules and you can't wear wraps as raw. As a guy who's total is built from his deadlift I need dem der wraps!

0ni, seriously, enlighten us on these dumb rules.

Do I think testosterone is safer than alcohol? 100%

I may have understood you wrong... But it reads that your crediting my gains to ped use because they seem large.
Where you not?

Lifters getting drug tested for none performance enhancing drugs = dumb rule
Not being able to compete in any other feds = dumb rule

GPC still requires you to pause your benches, squat to depth and so on. I've even said multiple times that the IPF technical rules are pretty much spot on but the above two rules are dumb

Fact of life Mr Moderator; there will always be someone stronger, better looking or smarter. Get over it. I don't know of too many disciples of iron who would begrudge another for having achieved something or use the "it must be steroids" line to belittle their achievements. I don't know if you are self projecting here or what your caper is, it's irrelevant.

Good for you and your chums on your achievements, and I mean that in the spirit of the lifters' creed. I was unclear on your stance with respect to PED but you have restated it and made it more clear now. The article you refer to is ambiguous and at that time you "weren't against them" and considered them "safer than alcohol". I don't need glasses, and that is not selective paraphrasing. Move on.

You seem to make a habit of snapping at people with alternative views particularly those whose intentions are not malicious. Hardly surprising, many driven folk are cantankerous and can be rather terse.

If someone's views are different to yours that does not imply they are against you or your "temple". Non- PTC Brisbane folk don't have to kiss your arse and agree with you. I choose not to arch my bench, that does not make me an imbecile just because you or some other lifter does. Yet, given the opportunity in a border less world, I would happily load the bar for you.

FYI I haven't bitched about other Feds. It is inappropriate to do so. It is not inappropriate to suggest that all lifting organisations consider adaptation for the greater good of the sport and its long term survivability. I would like to think the success of the GPC movement can attract more people to the strength sports (how many times now have I said positive things about GPC?). Just for the sake of all lifters, be prepared for continuing change and embrace it if you have to.

I seriously have no idea what your even talking about anymore mate. Seriously.