• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Drug testing is a waste of time.

People want to see big strong blokes lifting heavy weights in skin tight lycra.

People don't care if the competitors take drugs, would I stop watching AFL if the players were allowed to take PED? Of course not.

Look at the WWWrestling. Big strong guys jumping around in their undies, all on the juice and all pretending to hurt each other. Watched by millions each week. Tried to get tickets in Melbourne and the event was sold out.

Crossfit Games are untested I believe.
Apparently at WSM they test believe it or not. Can't remember exactly what they test for & obviously it's a bit of a joke.

Time usually catches out those who are ignorant and not willing to change. Which is probably why GPC has taken off, because they've changed the game and made differences...it will then be up to them to keep evolving to stay ahead, and this might include having a drugs policy eventually.

Apparently at WSM they test believe it or not. Can't remember exactly what they test for & obviously it's a bit of a joke.
I read online WSM, "the ESPN" version is tested for "illegal drugs". Is that because ESPN want further mainstream acceptance and greater viewer numbers.

Thats the knock on the Mr Olympia isn't it. Freaks who'll struggle for mainstream acceptance.

People don't care if the competitors take drugs, would I stop watching AFL if the players were allowed to take PED? Of course not.

Look at the WWWrestling. Big strong guys jumping around in their undies, all on the juice and all pretending to hurt each other. Watched by millions each week. Tried to get tickets in Melbourne and the event was sold out.

Hardly. I am a lifetime natty and I chose PA over CAPO (being the only other option at the time), despite most of the lifters I knew (PTC Bris crew, etc) competing with CAPO, because I wanted to compete in tested competition. I have aspirations of competing internationally in the next few years and as such I'm not just in it for the fun of it.

Its matters to those competing who want to compete at higher levels but do not wish to use drugs to do so.

I read online WSM, "the ESPN" version is tested for "illegal drugs". Is that because ESPN want further mainstream acceptance and greater viewer numbers.

Thats the knock on the Mr Olympia isn't it. Freaks who'll struggle for mainstream acceptance.

I read ( this is online so could be false ) that they test for ampehtamines, cocaine etc.

Time usually catches out those who are ignorant and not willing to change. Which is probably why GPC has taken off, because they've changed the game and made differences...it will then be up to them to keep evolving to stay ahead, and this might include having a drugs policy eventually.

I do believe that GPC has given PA a good kick in the butt in this regard. 2013 will see quite an explosion in clubs, competitor numbers and competition options.

Does anyone in here think top AFL players aren't using (HGH etc) and the like. Only the naive in the mainstream public I assume.

Cf games are definitely tested, they have a list of those who were disqualified

Afl doesnt seems like a sport that would grt much use from peds tbh
Maybe gh but i dont really look at many of the top players and think peds. Even in cycling you can fell who is on pretty easy, just look at armstrong topless lol

I'd think Rugby players are more likely to be on Peds than AFL given their builds and the advantages that mass confers there. Do they test for mentally advantageous substances for professional chess players?

I'd think Rugby players are more likely to be on Peds than AFL given their builds and the advantages that mass confers there. Do they test for mentally advantageous substances for professional chess players?

I know of a few guys who played pro rugby round australia... PED's are rife..

Hulk Hogan was caught using steroids, and the public didn't take it to well. There is a social stigma on people who use steroids.

But wrestling contuined on because it is extremely popular. Will powerlifting ever be popular?

I hope not, its bad enough in the gym with kids doing curls let alone taking up my squat racks

Afl doesnt seems like a sport that would grt much use from peds tbh
Maybe gh but i dont really look at many of the top players and think peds. Even in cycling you can fell who is on pretty easy, just look at armstrong topless lol

How do you tell though.

You said you used and I would have never picked that.