• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
no ones likes being tested, but you do it simply to prove your numbers are legit

they dont ignore that, just if you use wraps, you compete against guys who are equipped, because wraps are equipment, its your choice if you dont want to get in a suit, but to open up a whole new section, of 'squats with wraps and raw bench and dead' would be stupid, between raw, half equipped and full equipped everyone would hold a record lol it would be a joke

So if you take drugs your lifts are not legit?
Stop being a holier than thou ******
I'm out of this thread, I've made my points

>someone wants to be competitive and put up a wrapless total so they lift in PA
>same person wants to be competitive but wear wraps so they do a GPC meet

This is why you have different feds, seems retarded to stop people competing in more than one

Again this is mostly an ASADA rule though I have no doubt that our dear president loves to enforce it. He was around during the original split and there was no love lost between the factions of the time.

>someone wants to be competitive and put up a wrapless total so they lift in PA
>same person wants to be competitive but wear wraps so they do a GPC meet

This is why you have different feds, seems retarded to stop people competing in more than one
or a better logic to what you said, put up a raw total in pa, put up an equipped total in PA

raw is raw, equipped is equipped, there is no rule saying you HAVE to wear full battle armor. i could do an equipped comp, use wraps only, use a shirt and deadlift raw. etc

With great gains comes great responsibility. Whether you are or aren't PED driven, I looked for your stance on the matter as a high profile lifter and you have now qualified your stance. Might this evolve into policy?

As a high profile lifter, I believe in education and choice.

If somebody wants to use PEDs, go ahead. Just don't do it in tested competition. If you do, you should be banned from every fed in aus. I fucking hate cheats.

GPC could come up with policy, and a banned substance list, just like capo had.
With our testing though, it's pointless, isn't it?

I'm a fairly liberal guy and pro choice Ben
It doesn't really matter if it is ASASASDASDA or not, it still means that I can't compete in PA because I like to smoke weed and competed in an untested gym meet once

So if you take drugs your lifts are not legit?
Stop being a holier than thou ******
I'm out of this thread, I've made my points
taking drugs and lifting against those who arnt, your lifts arnt legit.

same applies to the body transformation comp where the guy ran a cycle and got booted. he cheated, his transformations were not legit/legal. and by legal i mean within the rules.

All of this arguing aside.

GPC will remain untested for 2 main reasons.
1. Its expensive.
2. They don't want or need to to be tested as they do not have a drug-free policy.

Will this hold them back in the long run in their quest for public acceptance of the sport? I think so though Scott disagrees. Only time will tell.

Is there really anymore that needs to be said on the argument?

no ones likes being tested, but you do it simply to prove your numbers are legit

they dont ignore that, just if you use wraps, you compete against guys who are equipped, because wraps are equipment, its your choice if you dont want to get in a suit, but to open up a whole new section, of 'squats with wraps and raw bench and dead' would be stupid, between raw, half equipped and full equipped everyone would hold a record lol it would be a joke

get off your high horse. Do you wear a belt, sleeves? You dont call that equipment? Ive heard of pa lifters with sleeves 2 sizes too small and soft suits as well. your fooling yourself if you think people arent gonna do whatever they can to maximise their total within the stated rules. In sport, people always psh the limits and this is no different at pa. I'm not saying sleeves give more or as much as wraps but its definately a contributing factor, as is a belt obviously. If you care so much about raw being just you and no assistance then be honest with yourself and have a think about your choices. Raw is an arbitrary word and we have all put its definition somewhere on the spectrum between squatting naked and in belt wraps and tight soft suit. PA is not that far behind gpc on the spectrum as you might think.

But PA uses belts in raw. That's equipment as well cal. So what's up with there half equipped raw shit. Why not do true raw like you said.

get off your high horse. Do you wear a belt, sleeves? You dont call that equipment? Ive heard of pa lifters with sleeves 2 sizes too small and soft suits as well. your fooling yourself if you think people arent gonna do whatever they can to maximise their total within the stated rules. In sport, people always psh the limits and this is no different at pa. I'm not saying sleeves give more or as much as wraps but its definately a contributing factor, as is a belt obviously. If you care so much about raw being just you and no assistance then be honest with yourself and have a think about your choices. Raw is an arbitrary word and we have all put its definition somewhere on the spectrum between squatting naked and in belt wraps and tight soft suit. PA is not that far behind gpc on the spectrum as you might think.

i wear a belt, but think about it, a belt assists in an indirect manner, it helps you maintain position, you still have to lift all the weight, wraps on the other hand, load up on the way down and take a % of the load, sleeves to fuck all, may get 5kg out of tight TKs, not sure when but TKS will be banned at some stage, or tht what what i heard last, titan knee sleeves may give a kg if their tight as a mofo. the main idea of sleeves is to have warm knees, not for a few extra grams.
if your going to have wraps in raw you may as well have 2m only and 2.5m only, where do you draw the line? im all for equipped, i love single ply and i use a shirt every now and then, but i dont go saying "PA should have ahortes bench as raw because my bench sucks"

i wear a belt, but think about it, a belt assists in an indirect manner, it helps you maintain position, you still have to lift all the weight, wraps on the other hand, load up on the way down and take a % of the load, sleeves to fuck all, may get 5kg out of tight TKs, not sure when but TKS will be banned at some stage, or tht what what i heard last, titan knee sleeves may give a kg if their tight as a mofo. the main idea of sleeves is to have warm knees, not for a few extra grams.
if your going to have wraps in raw you may as well have 2m only and 2.5m only, where do you draw the line? im all for equipped, i love single ply and i use a shirt every now and then, but i dont go saying "PA should have ahortes bench as raw because my bench sucks"

You're full of shit cal. You are on your PA high horse saying wraps are not raw because they assist then belt should be in the same category because they do assist. If you say anything else you are even more full of shit because a belt adds Kgs. No way around it.

I'm not accusing anyone directly but come one man lets get serious
Is everyone in the Olympics natty as well?