• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Eating habits

Hi, my names Mitch and I'm a red meat addict. :p

I put away about 2kg worth by around 4'o clock, generally. Sometimes it's white meat!

In all fairness I've generally had about a kilo by 11am. Mince makes it a lot easier ;)

still got those 2 heaped scoops of protein + 1L of milk to go mate, plus the 3-4 bags of doritos if you're going to make your carbs/fat intake @ 6000 cals.

still got those 2 heaped scoops of protein + 1L of milk to go mate, plus the 3-4 bags of doritos if you're going to make your carbs/fat intake @ 6000 cals.

Oh that's not a worry. I was mainly referring to the 2kg of meat/day. The 1L Milk + Protein is my PWO drink. Literally. Either that or 8-10 eggs with 1 scoop made into a drink.

I'm not a big fan of doritos, so can I substitute that for Lays Sour Cream & Chives or maybe some Roast Chicken. Oh! I haven't had Burger Rings in years, maybe those too.

In all seriousness. I must admit I don't count calories at all, just make sure I'm eating a lot of good whole food with the majority of my carbs around training time. I know I don't need 6k cal to grow, that'd be overkill even for someone of my height/weight. Between 4-5k sure, but an extra 1k each day would an excess of 7k/cal a week OVER what I allready need to grow. So I do understand where you're coming from Oli, it isn't necessary for the main amount trainee's, but a few of us big feller's can put it away without thinking about it, we just might not need it. Some SERIOUS ectomorph's might, but you'd need one heck of a metabolism and be doing a lot of activity for it to be needed.

Iron I'll concede defeat, and let me say I'm impressed.

My initial argument was rather than increasing the amount of meals a day why not simply up the calories gradually (say 500/wk) and keep the 4-6 meals going. With most people getting around 3000-5000 I cant see why this is an issue.

The 30g of protein per sitting thing was something I made up to highlight the point that 8+ meals simply isnt necessary for most, but some people took my one tonne troll anchor and plunged with it into the sea of fail.

The 30g of protein per sitting thing was something I made up to highlight the point that 8+ meals simply isnt necessary for most, but some people took my one tonne troll anchor and plunged with it into the sea of fail.

Haha, agreed! I've got much better things to do than sit around eating 8+ times a day. Maybe these people don't work or have lives? Unless of course they're professional BB's, then sure that IS their job.

But the people actually thinking that the "30g at one sitting" is real must need to see a shrink. Plus the initial "study" that that came from used old people and egg whites. It was also about the "optimal" rate of protein synthesis, after 30g's of egg white protein ingested by an elderly individual the excess protein was utilized just not at the same rate. So people concluded that "ZOMG WE ONLY GETZ 30GRAMZ!"

Also I remember being told once that eating 1k/cal meals was going to make me fat. So they propose I eat smaller meals. Now to get my usual quota of awesome, I would've needed to eat 10-12 meals each day using their logic. Now that's just ridiculous.

I'll record what I usually eat during a workout day and post it up, just for fun. Hooray for my laziness and CalorieKing.

How about this little concept.

Avoid processed, highly processed and over-proccessed foods. Try to eat fresh, natural and organic as much as possible. When in doubt, under-eat, but eat quality.
Posted via Mobile Device