• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dropping BF

S

Stevemk

Hi Guys,

Im wanting to lose around 5kg from my mid section. im pretty lean every where else except for that area.

I go to the gym 5 days a week and only do 20mins of cardio and hour of weight training

Im 195cm 95kg not sure my BF%

What ways can help me loose that troublesome area?

Thanks Steve

You cannot spot reduce.
Overall calorie deficit will reduce total BF.

Post more details about diet.

Sent from Pluto Space Station

ok guys.

Day 1: Chest; 4 exercises, 4 sets and 1 superset for each exercise
DAY 2: Back; 5 Exercise same as above
DAY 3: Arms 3 exercises of Tri 3 of Bis
DAY 4: Shoulders 4 exercises
DAY 5: Legs SQUATS, DEADS, PRESS, extensions

Every day 20 mins cardio; 10 on bike 10 on cross trainer

Diet:

Morning 1 Pack of instant oats with a WHEY Shake
Mid Morning: Coffee and 1 Fruit
Lunch: Tuna Salad 1 (185g) or either a salad roll with Salami (Wholemeal Bread)
3PM A apple
6PM Pre-Workout
7:30PM WHEY Protein
8PM Whatever mum cooks. Usually it will have some forms of carbs like bread, pasta etc.

If you want to help facilitate fat loss and increase muscle mass, forget about doing one body part per day workouts.

Last edited:
Doesnt look like your eating very much, whats the totals cals you consume per day?

Also at 195 and 95kg i would imagine your pretty lanky, sure you dont want to bulk and put on some muscle?

Ive been training for two years now i have put on size since i started

The problem is that i dont really keep count on my calorie intake.

sorry i just checked myself and im 192cm with weight of 98kg (my gym's scale must be farked)

You seem fairly light for you height. At you age you should be smashing the food down and training like an animal.

When I was your age I used to force as much food in as I could, then before bed have 3 or 4 peanut butter sandwiches and a huge glass of milk, or a 10-15 fish fingers or a monster shake.

I have a feeling without seeing photos you are skinny fat, what you eat now I would be having as a snack and I am cutting at the moment and nearly twice your age.

Or your training intensity is low.

How much weight do you lift? Do you squat, dead lift, bench press etc using a bar and weights or do you play with machines??

What is your squat, bench dead lift total. I have a feeling from your post and diet that you need to concentrate on adding weight and may be run a full body workout three days a week, try Arnold's Golden Six (Google it) or the Beginners workout on this forum, which is not just for beginners.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
192cm and 98kg isn't necessarily lanky.

Don't listen to fat fucks telling you that you need to eat everything in sight, this is the easy way out and will just turn you into a fat mess.

At the moment what you need to do is train hard and eat decent. If you are carrying a bit of body fat you will be much better off leaning up before bulking.

Don't listen to fat fucks telling you that you need to eat everything in sight, this is the easy way out and will just turn you into a fat mess.

At the moment what you need to do is train hard and eat decent. If you are carrying a bit of body fat you will be much better off leaning up before bulking.

Heed this advice.

I weight 98kg when I was 17, and I had full 6 pack abs back then, so I was not fat in the slightest, at 25 I still had abs and weight about 105kg at 186cm.

Still at 186cm and well into my 40's I am 117kg as of this morning and definitely not fat, but no abs at 117, would have to get back to about 110 or so to start seeing them once more. Only a photo would tell where 'his' 98 kg lie, but at his height and 98kg and a bulging midsection I can not see a whole lot of muscle, I could of course be wrong especially with the small amount of food he eats.

My guess without seeing photos at his age would be to up training intensity and eat, wish I could be 25 again knowing what I know now:rolleyes:

I weight 98kg when I was 17, and I had full 6 pack abs back then, so I was not fat in the slightest, at 25 I still had abs and weight about 105kg at 186cm.

Still at 186cm and well into my 40's I am 117kg as of this morning and definitely not fat, but no abs at 117, would have to get back to about 110 or so to start seeing them once more. Only a photo would tell where 'his' 98 kg lie, but at his height and 98kg and a bulging midsection I can not see a whole lot of muscle, I could of course be wrong especially with the small amount of food he eats.

My guess without seeing photos at his age would be to up training intensity and eat, wish I could be 25 again knowing what I know now:rolleyes:

Cool story mick but telling someone who is already carrying a bit of fat who wants get leaner to eat shit loads of food is stupid and just going to result is another fat person lifting weights telling everyone they could easily be ripped if they lost a few kilos.

Good point, but he can't possibly eat any less than what he is eating now, he already eats like an anorexic supermodel.

So may be training intensity and muscle mass is lacking??

This is why I said in my first post train like an animal I also suggested alternative training routines (I did not say keep doing what you are doing and eat more), big difference.

If you train at a high intensity pushing heavy weights he needs to eat more than what he does. Like Fadi used to say, "stoke the fire, get your metabolism going like a race car" especially at 25, my advise would be different if he was 50.

Spot on. If you are fat, lose it before you start eating for strength and muscle gain. Give yourself a bit of room because you will get fatter if you are eating enough to facilitate the gains. Once you are down to your target bf% bulk up slowly