• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you eat Kangaroos ?

Making my mouth water Fenrir... I had to eat shitty chicken!

From what I can see the pricing on Kangaroo is due to the big companies trying to make it look like a delicacy instead of pest control. If you want I'll shoot you a roo and dress it for $20 a pop :)

lol!

Are normal people allowed to go out and hunt em?

I'm keen for that! As long as I don't have to skin em...I've cut out calves balls before and stuff and that was horrible enough!

Shouldn't eat kangaroo rare. Just age and tenderize the meat.

And who are you? Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsay? What you said was a load of crap. Watch any cooking show or speak to a real chef and they will tell you to cook it medium rare or rare. If you like it aged and tenderized thats fine, but to say you shouldn't eat it rare is very arrogant.

Last edited:
I love kagnga bangers, kanga roast. I usually eat it for 2-3 months when im seriously cutting. I can tell you one thing kanga makes ur farts smell like road kill...

Kangaroo is awesome.

I sometimes order it when we go out to dinner with my parents and my mum goes mental. Threatening to sit at a different table haha. Is the main reason i order it over a steak or something when im out a restaurant :D

Couldn't believe how cheap Kangaroo Mince was when i first found it about 2 months ago. Been eating it regularly ever since, sometimes in 2 or 3 of my 6 meals a day.

Very low fat, easy to make into burger patties, high protein, no hormones, antibiotics and other nasties and only $7.80/kg! Also makes it easy to eat red meat whilst getting lean & not having to pay a fortune for lean cuts of beef =D

And who are you? Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsay? What you said was a load of crap. Watch any cooking show or speak to a real chef and they will tell you to cook it medium rare or rare. If you like it aged and tenderized thats fine, but to say you shouldn't eat it rare is very arrogant.

Your response to that was arrogant my friend, in fact immature.

No I'm not a famous chef I would consider that an obvious observation. What I am is a normal person who come to this forum to lean and share knowledge. Now my knowledge with this is I shot kangaroos that go to your dinner plate... Does that qualify me to have an opinion in your books?

A kangaroo is a wild animal. Have you ever gutted one? There are more worms then intestines. Have you ever looked at one closely? They are covered in ticks. I'll say it again they are a wild animal with all sorts of bugs and imperfections which are not designed to be in our stomachs. I've shot a roo that couldn't move from paralysis and someone ate it... Not the best things for dinner.

Now I am a supporter of kangaroo meat as it's Aussie through and through. I am also a supporter of cooking it correctly to insure your stomach stays free of the foul creatures that breed in kangaroos.

Watch any show at all and they will give you the wrong advice because a personal trainer says to do leg press instead of squatting do you? You think most cooks have shot and gutted a kangaroo?

I was also talking to a pet store owner last week as I bought a new dog and wanted to buy it some roo meat. The shop owner told me honestly that the roo meat he sells is the same that goes to the supermarket. He also told me he would never eat it after his experience of mincing it. He told me if you feed your dog game meat to worm it regularly. Did this change my opinion on roo meat? No. I love it but it DOES need to be cooked correctly, taken through tenderising stages etc if you want to keep the meat tender. If you don't want to that's fine but don't attack my point say how incorrect it is without backing up why it's incorrect. You think because some cook said to cook it medium rare that is your proof?

I seen a program once which talked about how dead parasites when ingested can still do you harm so the live ones would have to be worse. Now I don't have proof or a pie graph of this statement but I've seen it with my eyes how infested and sick some of these animals are.

I care about what I eat and I care about what everyone else eats, I did not share my comment because I prefer tenderised meat I shared it to try and help people make the right decisions with their health.

Your response to that was arrogant my friend, in fact immature.

No I'm not a famous chef I would consider that an obvious observation. What I am is a normal person who come to this forum to lean and share knowledge. Now my knowledge with this is I shot kangaroos that go to your dinner plate... Does that qualify me to have an opinion in your books?

A kangaroo is a wild animal. Have you ever gutted one? There are more worms then intestines. Have you ever looked at one closely? They are covered in ticks. I'll say it again they are a wild animal with all sorts of bugs and imperfections which are not designed to be in our stomachs. I've shot a roo that couldn't move from paralysis and someone ate it... Not the best things for dinner.

Now I am a supporter of kangaroo meat as it's Aussie through and through. I am also a supporter of cooking it correctly to insure your stomach stays free of the foul creatures that breed in kangaroos.

Watch any show at all and they will give you the wrong advice because a personal trainer says to do leg press instead of squatting do you? You think most cooks have shot and gutted a kangaroo?

I was also talking to a pet store owner last week as I bought a new dog and wanted to buy it some roo meat. The shop owner told me honestly that the roo meat he sells is the same that goes to the supermarket. He also told me he would never eat it after his experience of mincing it. He told me if you feed your dog game meat to worm it regularly. Did this change my opinion on roo meat? No. I love it but it DOES need to be cooked correctly, taken through tenderising stages etc if you want to keep the meat tender. If you don't want to that's fine but don't attack my point say how incorrect it is without backing up why it's incorrect. You think because some cook said to cook it medium rare that is your proof?

I seen a program once which talked about how dead parasites when ingested can still do you harm so the live ones would have to be worse. Now I don't have proof or a pie graph of this statement but I've seen it with my eyes how infested and sick some of these animals are.

I care about what I eat and I care about what everyone else eats, I did not share my comment because I prefer tenderised meat I shared it to try and help people make the right decisions with their health.

Been doing it for the last 20 odd years so yeah I do know (thats why its hard to do anything like that with emu or wild pig without a very close inspection). I love to kill, dress and eat game meat. So does it make it better that you thought you were any more qualified? Was it right for you to assume? I on the other hand did not assume and actually wondered if you were a chef...

To say my response was immature was interesting. Was it because I called you out? Or said it how it was? You said you shouldn't eat it rare as a blanket statement. With my experience and the word of a sous chef from a 2 michelin star resturant (family) I feel reasonably confident in my response in case it was not obvious.

There are studies that indicate that with the correct cut the bacteria in the meat only penetrates a certain distance and can be killed at the right temperature, for the right time, to the right depth. That can leave it rare or medium rare. You can pull out some pie chart and I'm sure I can pull out a figure from a journal article, but again you were the one with the blanket statement so knock yourself out.

Anyway I don't want an internet argument because a) I'm away for weeks b) I go into hospital after that c) I'm sure you've heard its like the special olympics - nobody wins (as shown below).

Get over it. I saw your miltant attitude about overseas supplements. Don't bother ranting about this any more.

Or

Take advantage of the fact I can't respond, spend the next couple of hours coming up with some great post and make yourself look like the most knowledgable and best person on the internet and hope nobody notices.

Last edited:
Actually I should thank you Gauchebarbor. You just reminded me of why joining forums can be of little value. I hate to sound like a Poopoohead, but I'm out of here. I was hoping I might learn something here but so far its just been banter and theres so much more important things in life. I don't need a forum to tell me what I'm doing is right, what I've learnt is right or to pass on my knowledge. Ta ta. Flame on and attack away - hope it makes you feel good. Don't be thinking its weak of me to leave, because it weak to need people or company to make you think you are validated.