• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you eat Kangaroos ?

Been doing it for the last 20 odd years so yeah I do know (thats why its hard to do anything like that with emu or wild pig without a very close inspection). I love to kill, dress and eat game meat. So does it make it better that you thought you were any more qualified? Was it right for you to assume? I on the other hand did not assume and actually wondered if you were a chef...

To say my response was immature was interesting. Was it because I called you out? Or said it how it was? You said you shouldn't eat it rare as a blanket statement. With my experience and the word of a sous chef from a 2 michelin star resturant (family) I feel reasonably confident in my response in case it was not obvious.

There are studies that indicate that with the correct cut the bacteria in the meat only penetrates a certain distance and can be killed at the right temperature, for the right time, to the right depth. That can leave it rare or medium rare. You can pull out some pie chart and I'm sure I can pull out a figure from a journal article, but again you were the one with the blanket statement so knock yourself out.

Anyway I don't want an internet argument because a) I'm away for weeks b) I go into hospital after that c) I'm sure you've heard its like the special olympics - nobody wins (as shown below).

Get over it. I saw your miltant attitude about overseas supplements. Don't bother ranting about this any more.

Or

Take advantage of the fact I can't respond, spend the next couple of hours coming up with some great post and make yourself look like the most knowledgable and best person on the internet and hope nobody notices.

My assumption was nothing more then asking the question is I was qualified to share my opinion as you so bluntly attacked mine without any evidence. I never assumed that you hadn't been a professional game shooter yourself but every game shooter I know shares my opinion with game meat so it did leave your experience to my imagination. I don't believe a cut of meat will change the fact that I shoot SICK DISEASE ridden roo's that goes to your dinner plate. Your choice mate eat it rare if you want. But don't shut off my opinion as it may benefit others.

As for my militant attitude I still stand by what I say. I have the smartest and most experienced members off the forum that agree with that point of view so I really don't care if your out there to just have a shot at someone because they stand by Australian products and produce.

I'm not trying to make myself look smart as I said I am on the forum to learn and teach what I know. Eating sick infested animals is a no brainer mate. Cook the meat and take the doubt out of it. Even if you cook it though you will be eating dead parasites. It's not ideally the healthiest meat but it is FAR better then anything hormone fed. Also please take into account that kangaroos aren't as organic as most think as they sit and eat in freshly sprayed crips all the time. They drink irrigation run off etc etc

Please remember my blanket statement is something I stand by and being called arrogant for having that point of view is childish in my opinion. Being called out does not worry me at all I am quiet happy to discuss this.

Best of luck in hospital mate I too would like not to have a big argument but I would like you to have the decency to respect my opinion.

Actually I should thank you Gauchebarbor. You just reminded me of why joining forums can be of little value. I hate to sound like a Poopoohead, but I'm out of here. I was hoping I might learn something here but so far its just been banter and theres so much more important things in life. I don't need a forum to tell me what I'm doing is right, what I've learnt is right or to pass on my knowledge. Ta ta. Flame on and attack away - hope it makes you feel good. Don't be thinking its weak of me to leave, because it weak to need people or company to make you think you are validated.

For real....? Well best of luck to you mate. I hope all goes well with your diagnosis and treatment and things work out well for you.

I personally love this forum as I have learnt so much and even met friends. I believe you have the wrong attitude but what do I know hey I'm on a forum.

Can't you guys agree to disagree with calling each other immature or liars etc etc?

Blah blah blah get over over it.

if I was going to leave a forum every time I had a disagreement there would be any forums left to troll. LMAO.

I tried it again for the second time last week (Kanga banga's).

I cannot stomach it. Won't be eating it again.

How do you tenderize a meat anyway?lol.

would it matter if i cook it super super well? i usually like my meat like that...with no pink bits. will i be getting worms and shit? LOL

Well for me,

we always eat game meat cooked well and controlled livestock however you like it.

And I have eaten a lot of game meat.

Look I really don't have a problem eating it rare as I LOVE my meat all but raw. I've just seen some of the animals boxed up for human consumption and I would RECOMMEND cooking it through.

If you like just cooking it through that's fine it will do the job it'll just be tougher. I marinate and leave mine for days. Give it a bash with the I'll tenderising hammer. I use to be a butcher so I love preparing meat.

Just spoke to a roo shooter that works for me from Narrabri before. He said he has cut into kangaroo meat and found worms nit just in the stomach but in the meat. He says it all about picking the right healthy roo. Unfortunately when you shoot roo's for a living any will do as it's all $$$

Conclusion... Eat it rare if that's how you enjoy it. Cook it through if your inclined to be worried about parasites.

How do you tenderize a meat anyway?lol.

would it matter if i cook it super super well? i usually like my meat like that...with no pink bits. will i be getting worms and shit? LOL

No worms at all that will kill all the eggs. Needs to be 68c right through for a certain time period (forgotten it I learnt this years ago when doing my apprenticeship) from memory. When you cook it rare you don't hit that point so your exposed to wild game bacteria and eggs etc

Last edited by a moderator:
so if i cook it really well done, i mean hard and chewy i'll be fine?

sounds like a lot of trouble i might just stick to chicken breast...

If you cook it even close to through it will be fine. If you want it tender google meat tenderising methods. It still edible rare but there are chances of consuming parasites etc You won't die you'll just have parasites and your bum might get itchy :)

Thought I might add I ate kangaroo, rare at most, pretty much daily for about 15 months with no problems..

The only reason I don't now is because I've swapped to kanga mince.. still eat it daily

I didn't imply that you would die or get cramps. But you will have parasites that you can't sense or feel. Eat it rare I love it rare but you will be subjected to parasites it's a no brainer.

Kangaroo style spaghetti bolognaise

Heaps of info on nutritional benefits of Roo here
Macro Meats - Gourmet Game - Kangaroo meat nutrition

Per 100g
Cals 107
Protein 22g
Carbs .3g
Fat 1.3g

So I decided to try the mince for the first time yesterday. I have had the steak, sausages and roast before. Don't like the sausages but the other two are great.

So my recipe was
1kg Roo mince
200g onion
5 carrots
lots of mixed herbs
lots of peri peri spices
1 jar 5 brothers tomato, onion and basil pasta sauce

1. Grease frypan
2. Chuck mince in. Seperate and simmer
3. Add other veges
4. After a little while, I tipped out the excess juices
5. Add spices and pasta sauce

DONE

I had it with 1 cup arborio rice as I prefer rice over processed pasta and nutrition for whole meal is:

Cals 508
Protein 62g
Carbs 65g
Fat 5g

(add a tiny bit of fat for coconut oil but it was 1tspn or 40cals divided by 5 meals)

yes

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.