• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you eat Kangaroos ?

Just getting back to the Kanga Bangas again, since recently resuming training.

Got this new flavour from Franklins the other day.
Bush Tomato and Mountain pepper leaf flavour.
Taste as good as any suasage I have ever eaten, minus the fat!

Really good ratio's too:
4 sausages is 57g protein, 12g carbs and a tiny 3 grams of fat.

Go get some.

I eat it once or twice a week.

cheaper then crap meat when i have to go to woolies.

Pain in the ass to cook properly.

But healthy :)

Yes, they seem to be quite healthy and a great protein hit.
What makes them difficult to cook?
I just put them in a frying pan with some olive oil and turn them every few minutes and they cook through pretty well.

I just find it difficult to cook them..

Its because of the very low fat quantity.

Either over done or not enough.

Im looking at other oils to cook in atm coconut or avocado is supposed to be good have you heard? olive oil can become rancid when heated and turn to trans fat.

I love the stuff, I think its cool that australia is the only country that its legal to eat our National Emblem. Also Emu is not nice.

Love Kanga Bangas, and roo steaks, and roo kebabs, oh and roo mince makes a great bolognaise too... ;)

The taste is awesome and the high protein / low fat content is great.

The trick with the steaks is to do them rare to medium. Don't do a roo steak to well done or you'll be a month chewing it. A nice medium-rare roo steak with a red wine and garlic reduction is just the ticket. :D

Cheers,
Mike

Who gives a **** if its a national emblem. The national emblem was picked by man. Not a higher power.

Off your high horses.

yes i eat it

"tsk tsk tsk"

"whats that skippy? you want me to slice and dice you so i can get big muscles"

i rekn kanga is right up there with beef, id rather these 2 meats than any other kind of meat out there. the sausages aint bad, which type of steak did you try mate? if your talkin about the marinated ones from coles ive found the bush plum or kakadu seasoned ones are the best. eat up sunshine :)

ps, not sure what the deal is with this national emblem. someone previously noted that the aborigionals ate kangaroo too... just because the whites created an icon out of them doesnt mean they shouldnt be eaten... we eat cows, does that mean that indians hate us? not really, i think that they allow us our own thoughts just as we should allow eachother our own when it comes to eating kangaroo. i just wish it was more available at food shops like this french kebab shop on george st lol. gotta give that a go. cheers

I bought form coles $4 350 grams roughly of marinated kangaroo kebabs had for lunch was the goods. Reccomended was medium - rare

Ive always enjoyed the kangaroo steaks, good nutritional profile.

I'd be more cautious on the sausages and mince, because they are fairly processed. But that is just a general movement away from processing in all its forms (cereals etc), and not a knock on kangaroo meat in general.

We eat the kanga kebabs and sausages quite a bit, we used to eat the marinated kanga steaks heaps but I can't stomach it anymore after eating it a bit undercooked.

Any reason in particular?

No, no particular reason. It's not sold in the area I live in or by the butchers I but from. Having said that, I'm not so much into meat of any kind these days. I'd rather use meat, (any meat/chicken etc) as a supplement to a dish than have it as the main dish itself. I just feel much lighter for it and it's easier and less work for the digestive system to handle.

Fadi.