• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Delicious protein bars

Just did this one last night.

Lemon protein bars

6 scoops whey/casein
1 cup oats
1/4 cup splenda
2 cups skim milk
zest of a whole lemon
lemon juice (squeeze lemon)

Makes 8
184 cals 27P/13C/2F

Mix all ingredients in a bowl.

Lightly spray 20cmx20cm baking tray. (8"x8")

Put in freezer for a few hours. Then transfer to fridge.

Take out after a little while and chop into desired amount.

11%2B-%2B1

Last edited:
Does anybody know how long these will last in the fridge without going off? *The original recipie in the video*

And can i keep them out of the fridge for a few hours before eating?

Does anybody know how long these will last in the fridge without going off? *The original recipie in the video*

And can i keep them out of the fridge for a few hours before eating?

Probably won't last too long out of the fridge. Also depends on the weather. I usually keep protein bars in an insulated lunch bag or something with some freezer blocks when I'm off at work or on the road for work.
Makes it easy.

Great recipe JZ!!!!!! Will try it! :D

Just thought I would try making my own bulking bars:
Cut them into how ever many bars you like but I cut them into 5 huge bars
Per Bar:
Cals: 564
Carbs: 50g
Fats: 21g
Protein: 40g

Ingredients:
5 scoops of BN WPC (your choice of flavour)
250g Rolled Oats
100g Natural Peanut Butter
100ml of Queens sugar free Maple Syrup
130ml of skim milk
8 tsp of stevia
25g of desicated Coconut (optional)

Directions:
1. Mix all dry ingredients in bowl (only add half coconut)
2. Add PB, Maple Syrup and skim milk
3. Mix into a sticky batter
4. Spread in pan
5. Sprinkle rest of coconut on top
6. Leave in fridge for a few hours or until set (overnight if possible)
7. Cut into desired size of bars

I had a crack at making these as had a heap of left over chocolate WPC...

Ingredients
- 300g choc WPC
- 1 cup of oats (ground fine using blender)
- 4 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 whole eggs
- 20g fine desiccated coconut
- 170ml lite milk

Steps
1. Added WPC/oats/half the coconut to bowl and mixed together
2. Added PB/honey/eggs in separate bowl and mixed together
3. Combined both bowls and mixed (as much as possible, was like mixing set concrete!!)
4. Added milk bit by bit until it was all a big sticky mess in the bowl! Almost snapped the wooden spoon in an attempt to keep the mix dry as possible (hoping to achieve a less sticky bar than some have posted previously :)
5. Line tray and scrap in, flattening the (almost steel like) mixture down.
6. Add remaining coconut to top of mixture and again flatten down pushing some coconut into mixture.
7. Put in freezer uncovered for 2hrs
8. Remove and sliced into 8 bar shaped blocks ( could feel the top surface was a lot less sticky then the other sides of the bar. It also felt as though it was set a lot harder then the remaining sides.
9. Rolled the bars around in the container of left over coconut, removing the stickiness from all other sides with the result being bars that resemble lamingtons.
10. Put back in freezer for another 1.5hr opposite side facing up to hopefully set the remaining sides as much as the 'top' had.
11. Remove and eat!!!!!!

3aa8569a-ad14-7911.jpg

They seem pretty firm to hold but dont know whether they'l last to long out of fridge/freezer, although as they are now they aren't sticky to touch!!

Macros per bar as per iPhone app;

3aa8569a-add6-34ab.jpg

There is a fair bit of fat, but faaarrrkkk they are sooo tasty!!! Gonna struggle to make these last more than a day!! Especially if the misses gets hold of em!!

Cheers for all the above recipes in this thread!! Very helpful indeed!!! I can see these as becoming a regular addition to the daily macros!!

they look great, Clint! Well done...cut or bite into one and take a pic so we can see the soft yummy centre!!

Plus, bonus points from me for making chocolate bars!!! Best ever. :)

Left em in fridge wrapped over night! Still in bar shape and not sticky to touch :) they are a little softer though!

Here the pic you requested :)

3aa8569a-73aa-9ddc.jpg

Again, they are so tasty, more like a protein slice!! Nice and soft on the inside!! Would go down soooo good with a nice coffee!!

Was thinking I might make the next batch with adding crunched almonds to the mix, and use the coconut solely on the exterior! May need to reinforce the wooden spoon though!! It would be like adding gravel to concrete lol :)

Cheers :)

Hi Jim,
Delicious looking protein bars and thanks for sharing this video with everyone. Buying protein bars from market is not only expensive but hard to get your favorite ingredients in them. I will certainly try this delicious protein bar recipe and will leave my comments soon.