• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Delicious protein bars

Mine didnt set in the fridge so placed them in the freezer overnight and cut them this morning but they started turning back to a paste straight away, was like eating porridge lol.

I can handle them being sticky but would like them to remain firm, any tips?

They should be a thick ball of muck, then you put on baking tray and press out into a rectangle and place in fridge for an hour. After this cut them into 10 bars and store in the freezer to keep them fresh for the week. Follow the recipe and you should be good.

cheers, I used 8 scoops of wpc, 1 less spoon of honey and not covering it up in the fridge (weird how the fridge dries things out when not covered) this time and will see how it goes

Can we get an official ingredients list off people here because there's alot of differing measurements.

If you've had success with the bars being and going hard in the fridge could you write out the measurements of the ingredients you used?

I've been making these for a month or so, I have one before I train.

Here's what I put in them:

1 cup of oats
8 scoops of unflavoured WPC
5 teaspoons of Cacao powder
1/3 cup of sultanas
1/3 cup of natural peanut butter
2 tablespoons of natural honey
~1/2 cup of milk

Spread it out on a small tray lined with baking paper, sprinkle with shredded coconut and put in the fridge to set.

I find that they are more manageable if I leave them in the fridge overnight to set, they're firm but still a little sticky to touch. Not sure what I'd need to change to make them firmer or if it's just the way they are.

Mt recipe, similar to brocky.

8 scops WPI (I have choc coconut flavour)
1 cup oats
3 tbs peanut butter
1 tbs honey
1/2 cup peanuts or almonds
Chopped up Lindt dark chocolate (50gms or so)
125ml skim milk.
Sometimes sprinkle coconut over top.

I put mine in the freezer so it sets in about 1 hr, then chop up into squares and leave then in the freezer.
Mine are a bit sticky as well, but not too bad.

I have made my own protein bars but I always seem to eat them all in one day lol - or I dont even spread the mixture out and just end up eating it out of the bowl lol.

I just go:

Heaps of peanut butter (prob 1-2 cups)
honey ( 1/2 cup)

microwave 45 secs - 1 min

mix in a few scoops of protein
1-2 cups oats

and either put in fridge or just eat lol

I made this about a month ago, tasted really good. Only thing is i couldn't control myself and ended up eating most of it in one day

Damn these are tasty!!
Just made a batch over the weekend. Unfortunately they are a bit on the gooey side, so i tend to be eating them with a spoon, haha.

Will be making another batch this weekend, hopefully next one will turn out a bit better.

Thanks Adrian.
Yeah i thought i had put too much milk in while i was making it, added a bit more powder n oats to compensate, but obviously not enough.

Ah well, the first batch is a good learning curve :)

made a batch of these, mine too are runny (mixture was too moist), i keep mine in the freezer wrapped in baking paper, there in the shape of a chocalate bar. Only downside is they kind of look like a tird, nice and tasty treat though so idc.

I used:

6 scoops whey protein (usually 30g per scoop)
1 cup oats
6 tbsn natural peanut butter
1 tbpn vanilla essence
1 cup water

Probably should have added honey but damn tasty anyway. Only managed to eat half of them on the first day :p

Made another batch last night, they seemed to come out much better than the first.
I went pretty much by the recipe:

8 scoops whey protein (unflavoured) - using my old ON scoop
1 cup oats
3 tbs of cocoa
1/3 cup peanut butter (microwave to melt it a bit)
3 tbs of honey (generous tbs)
~1/2 cup milk

Sprinkle the top with a couple tbs of crushed peanuts (unsalted).

Will be cutting it up tonight and will know exactly how well they have come out then :D