• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Delicious protein bars

What kinda oats are people putting in, those 'flat' oats(no idea of there proper name), that uncle tobys have in the containers down the breakfast isle at woolies/coles?

Thanks

Ps: this question probably seems dumb, been a long day lol, sorry.

Uncle "Rip-Off" Toby's...............noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Just get the home brand oats for a fraction of the price.

Does anyone eat maxs protein cookies? I have a few a week, not happy about the saturated fat but i get a little lazy in the kitchen sometimes

Nope. I deplore Max's. Their products are so expensive you'd think it was laced with gold.
NEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR

Hmmm under $3 a cookie and also $30 a kilo of superwhey, cheaper than others i found.

The choc cookies taste great

Anyway sorry for going off topic.

Yeah probably cheaper than Horleys or Musashi, I doubt it would be cheaper than unbranded Bulk supplier.

I used the following last night as a first go at these:

1 cup mixed oats & fruit (ie. some muesli I have for breakfast)
6 x 30gm scoops of BSN Dessert Vanilla Cream Protein Powder (the wife's)
2 tbsp of organic honey
3/4 cup full cream organic milk
10gms of Chia seeds soaked in water overnight to form a gel. (Chia seeds are odourless and tasteless and are the highest food form of Omega 3 Fatty acids available. They also add a good vitamin profile, and fiber and are a healthy addition, rather than for any taste benefit. )(Salvia hispanica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
good sprinkle of cinnamon over the top

This sticky goo did not really set in the fridge (after an hour) and had to be frozen solid. This morning, they cut ok, but taste exactly like what they're made of - cold protein powder mixed with oats and fruit. Pretty f#ckn disgusting in my opinion. These need to be cooked to become something other than their component parts, IMHO.

So tonight, I'll be baking these suckers (after they thaw a bit) in a 175 degree oven for 15 mins and see what comes out.

Protien bar

Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups powdered non fat milk
1/2 cup**of maple syrup
3 egg whites
1/4 cup Orange Juice
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1/4 cup of natural applesauce
4-5 scoops chocolate whey protein powder

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 160
-Mix all the dry stuff in bowl to blend it
-Add in remaining ingredients and mix well. Consistency is sort of like cookie dough
-Spread on cooking sheet coated with non-stick spray.
You can use a 9X12 baking dish if you want it thicker.
-Bake until edges are crisp and browned. Since the protein is choc. flavored you might not noticed the top brown that much.
-Cut into 10

Quite nice.
I haven't made them for a while.

So tonight, I'll be baking these suckers (after they thaw a bit) in a 175 degree oven for 15 mins and see what comes out.

Oh god... horrible, horrible. They ended up as hardened sort of rubber cakes, still smelling of oversweet protein powder. Inedible. Not sure what I did, but the first attempt sucked. :(

That's looks good and tasty one... Must try that one soon and have some fun with cooking and enjoy the taste.... Thanks for your posting buddy.....

just gave these a shot today, and must have put too much of something in, they were too sticky and couldn't get them off the pan. Stuck them in the freezer, seemed to harden them up a bit so i scraped them off the plate they were on and molded them into bar shapes and stuck them back the the fridge.

Any tips on making them more solid?

sweet thanks, so for the ones i have made now, once they have firmed up, if i take em to work will they go floppy again?

Do you stop adding milk until the point you can see and feel the stickiness or do you just put in a little bit stir it around while it's still dry and let it set like that?

Protien bar

Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups powdered non fat milk
1/2 cup**of maple syrup
3 egg whites
1/4 cup Orange Juice
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1/4 cup of natural applesauce
4-5 scoops chocolate whey protein powder

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 160
-Mix all the dry stuff in bowl to blend it
-Add in remaining ingredients and mix well. Consistency is sort of like cookie dough
-Spread on cooking sheet coated with non-stick spray.
You can use a 9X12 baking dish if you want it thicker.
-Bake until edges are crisp and browned. Since the protein is choc. flavored you might not noticed the top brown that much.
-Cut into 10

Quite nice.
I haven't made them for a while.

Is this the recipe for the video or another one?

Any tips on making them more solid?

I make mine about 20mm thick into a square baking dish and freeze uncovered over night. In the morning, cut them into strips and place them back in the fridge upside down/gooey side up, again uncovered.

Ever left unwrapped bread in a fridge before? It dries the shit out of it and will do the same with your protein bars. They will have thawed out by mid afternoon and will be nice and firm, still a bit messy but much better than eating it with a spoon :)

I use

2 cups of oats
10 scoops chocolate wpc/wpi
4 heaped tbsp honey
1/2 cup natty nut butter
1/2 cup of milk (but not all at once, sometimes more/less)
sprinkle with crushed natty cashews (press these in so they dont fall off while eating)

This is perfect every time. If yours are turning out too sweet or whatever, just add more oats as this will make them less rich

Mine never last more that 24 hours :)

I tried another recipe (4 scoops protein powder, 3 cups oats, 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup peanut butter) and it was disgusting.

Opinions on recipes for nice tasting protein bars that are easy to eat?