• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Delicious protein bars

Why are you guys putting stevia in?
The honey should be plenty sweet. I used no stevia and they are great.

Ok this is my effort. I cut them up into 9 squares 2 days ago and this is what's left. Very good. Had trouble making the nuts stick. LOL

Image176.jpg

What protein are you guys using?

I have got some old ON 100% Whey Chocolate lying around somewhere, I just ordered 5kg of pure unflavoured WPC...

How many scoops as I read gareer only used 4 scoops rather than 8? (that is a big difference lol)

Cheers

4 scoops worked well, but I may up it to 5 or 6 and see how it goes. Gives me plenty of good fats though!

4 scoops of ON whey would only work out to 10g of protein per bar if you cut them into 10 bars. I put 8 scoops in mine and it comes out to 20g per bar.

Making these for the second time today.

I used the following:
1 cup quick oats
8 scoops ON whey
1/3 cup natty Peanut Butter
2 tbsp natty honey
3/4 cup whole milk
40g sultanas (chopped)
30g almonds (chopped)
35g wheatgerm

I only put in 2 tbsp of honey this time and less milk as well, in the hope of making them less sticky. Which seemed to work.

This works out to the following nutritional info:

(Per bar. I made 10 bars)
Energy -1028kJ (244cal)
Protien - 24g
Carb - 17.5g
Fat - 8g
Sugar - 7g
Fibre - 3.3g

6 scoops of Protein Direct chocolate wpc
1 cup rolled oats
3 tbsp honey
3/4 cup natural nut butter
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup natural cashews (crushed)

I laid it on some baking paper to make it easier to slice once set, just remove it from the dish and place on a chopping board. Also pushed the cashews into the mixture with a tablespoon after sprinkling them on, should get them to stick.

Tried the mixture and tastes awesome, just waiting for them to set a little so I can slice them up.

I dropped the mixing spoon on the floor so gave what was left on that to the dogs, they bloody loved it and were licking their chops for ages after haha

P1010843.jpg

I'm going to add dessicated coconut in mine next time..yummmmmmmmm..

Also i used 8 scoops, I need all the protein i can get.. eheheheh

Is anyone making them with natrual plain WPC?

I am keeeeeeeen to make these once my protein comes!!!

Also let us know what recipe you went with (for the plain concentrate) and how they turned out...

Cheers

I moved to 6x30g scoops for my second batch, worked a treat. The baking paper really helps too when it comes time to take them out and cut them up.

4 scoops of ON whey would only work out to 10g of protein per bar if you cut them into 10 bars. I put 8 scoops in mine and it comes out to 20g per bar.

I use the ON scoop to measure out unflavoured WPI or WPC. Each scoop is 50g, so put in just over 4 scoops. You get at least 20g of protein per bar, 10 bars per batch

Is anyone making them with natrual plain WPC?

I am keeeeeeeen to make these once my protein comes!!!

Also let us know what recipe you went with (for the plain concentrate) and how they turned out...

Cheers

I make mine with unflavoured protein. I add raw cocoa, about 25g or enough to make the protein + oats brown in colour (as opposed to white)

Mine didnt set in the fridge so placed them in the freezer overnight and cut them this morning but they started turning back to a paste straight away, was like eating porridge lol.

I can handle them being sticky but would like them to remain firm, any tips?

My first batch were great, but my second one is like your's Gary, like a paste. I have them in the freezer right now. Looks like I will be eating them with a spoon LOL and Grrrrrrrrrrrr