• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Deadlift frequency and volume

Embrace the crack
I did exaggerate but i still think the whole format that strongmen train is an idealistic way to train for the deadlift irrespective of if you do an events day or good mornings, udl whatever

Surely we can both agree on dat der common ground

Whatchya talkin bout Willis?
I cannot agree with your madness.
It's not a complicated issue, but you make it so confused and back to front that it is borders on spam.

I was always under the impression that the best way to train a deadlift is to deadlift, or so I've heard.

It apparently also requires other exercises together with a ruler and protractor.

Building strength is an art not a science, treat it as such.

It apparently also requires other exercises together with a ruler and protractor.

Building strength is an art not a science, treat it as such.

Exactly Goose, a great musician feels the music, he's not great because he can read it.

I like that; my 3 year old daughter (almost 4) can't read music but plays bits of Beethoven just from listening and playing around.

My plan for the 2013 assualt on 240kg dead lift in PA is just to maintain an occasional association with the deadlift, work on my leg strength and do a lot of back and hypers before i hopefuly lift it in second half on 2012 (at masters games) when i start more specific training for deads.

Last edited:
frabz-Always-posting-negatives-Not-sure-if-troll-3161f2.jpg
0ni
What's your goal?

Im signing out of this thread now i was out retarded by darkoz calling strength an art

Im signing out of this thread now i was out retarded by darkoz calling strength an art
be nice Poni.
Darkoz was sticking up for you in another thread, when Wingers wants to compare his 80kg Bench (at 98kg B/W) to your 80kg Bench (at 67kg B/W).

That cut me deep Oni, I have even been nice to you a few times of late :(
Now look at my arms then look at yours, I did it with art :D

Experience will tell you more about what's ideal for your deadlift than anyone on a forum can. My recommendation to a beginner would be to do it at a high frequency and with a decent volume until you have good technique fairly well ingrained and can maintain it when working at a high % of 1RM. At that point, all bets are off from where I'm standing, because once you get to that stage, I see some people who can productively do 5x5 deadlifts multiple times a week, and others who can barely do 1 working set of deadlifts each month.

Experience will tell you more about what's ideal for your deadlift than anyone on a forum can. My recommendation to a beginner would be to do it at a high frequency and with a decent volume until you have good technique fairly well ingrained and can maintain it when working at a high % of 1RM. At that point, all bets are off from where I'm standing, because once you get to that stage, I see some people who can productively do 5x5 deadlifts multiple times a week, and others who can barely do 1 working set of deadlifts each month.
are we back on Topic now?

To be the best powerbuildingstrongmanruckrover in the world :D
is Poni a Ruck Rover. No wonder he can't gain weight - running around chasing a bag of wind all Saturday afternoon. They estimate that footballers who play "on the ball" run on average 10km per game, then there is footy training throughout the week on top of that. :eek:

0ni
What's your goal?

I want to be the very best,
Like no one ever was.
To catch them is my real test,
To train them is my cause.
I will travel across the land,
Searching far and wide.
Each Pok�mon, to understand
The power that's inside.

So every thread on this forum is:

1) Someone asks what is 1+1
2) Someone elses answers 2
3) Oni says depends on what values of 1 you're using
4) everone elses nah probably 2
5) oni says well einstein experimented with different values of 1
6) everyone questions onis experience and results
7) oni provides articles to support #5
8) everyone else either leaves the thread or forum or goes to find a stiff drink.

I dare you to find a thread that isnt in this format.

So every thread on this forum is:

1) Someone asks what is 1+1
2) Someone elses answers 2
3) Oni says depends on what values of 1 you're using
4) everone elses nah probably 2
5) oni says well einstein experimented with different values of 1
6) everyone questions onis experience and results
7) oni provides articles to support #5
8) everyone else either leaves the thread or forum or goes to find a stiff drink.

I dare you to find a thread that isnt in this format.

Actually here he said einstein said it was something else, then we established he made this up. Einstein said it was 2 as well. So then he changed his argument to say what everyone else is saying is actually what he was saying so he is right.