• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
We got some good bowlers though.
Pattinson and Starc along with Siddle and possibly Hillfy.
Out batting may let us down though. They've been hit and miss lately.

It depends if they stay fit, that seems to be the problem with the Aussie bowlers at the moment over trained and underbowled.. Ponting has to perform

Like Cummins. Can't take a trick. Will miss entire summer again.

Yep.. the problem is that these guys have a natural talent...and they have been bowling with their own action since day one.. once they are brought into the acadamies they are told the way you bowl.. well that's not biomechanically correct, you need to be doing this thisand this and put on x amount of muscle..

I mean they are not allowed to bowl more than 50 or 80 balls a day.. no wonder they break down in test cricket when they need to bowl 20 overs.

We have the bowlers, (but no spinner) the problem lies in our batting. They bring in Quiney with a first class average of mid 30's. See Khwaja, Hughes, Ferguson, Voges, Klinger etc are all batsmen who average mid 30's.

Gone are the days of Bevan, Love, Law, Lehman, Langer, Hayden, Martyn averaging over 50 and not being able to get a game for years.

South Africa will carve us up unless Ponting, Clarke and Hussey have big series.

We have the bowlers, (but no spinner) the problem lies in our batting. They bring in Quiney with a first class average of mid 30's. See Khwaja, Hughes, Ferguson, Voges, Klinger etc are all batsmen who average mid 30's.

Gone are the days of Bevan, Love, Law, Lehman, Langer, Hayden, Martyn averaging over 50 and not being able to get a game for years.

South Africa will carve us up unless Ponting, Clarke and Hussey have big series.

The public can't keep living the in the past ..just like they are liking for the next Shane Warne. You will never find another one..

Lyon has earnt his spot he is never going to take 500 wickets but he will do the job till someone better comes along

Ponting and hussey need to score runs this series.. Ponting definately needs them..

I also think Watson could be picked as a batsman alone. If his bowling gets him injured, just let him bat. He was our best the last couple of summers. I always thought he was over-rated, but in all 3 forms last summer he carved up.
Warner needs big runs, Hughes is knocking on the door!
As for Quinley, it's good they've shown faith in someone new, instead of falling back to Hughes or Khawaja etc.

Always look forward to series against south africa.

Will be hard for Australia to win, but here is hoping.

I also think Watson could be picked as a batsman alone. If his bowling gets him injured, just let him bat. He was our best the last couple of summers. I always thought he was over-rated, but in all 3 forms last summer he carved up.
Warner needs big runs, Hughes is knocking on the door!
As for Quinley, it's good they've shown faith in someone new, instead of falling back to Hughes or Khawaja etc.

Not valuable enough with just the bat until he starts converting those 50s into 100s he still needs to trundle a few overs down... He hasn't won a test natch for Australia with the bat... Has with with the ball

Not valuable enough with just the bat until he starts converting those 50s into 100s he still needs to trundle a few overs down... He hasn't won a test natch for Australia with the bat... Has with with the ball

Those 50s have been valuable, especially with Warner at the other end being so hot and cold. Also I don't know who else they'd pick? He's done enough with the bat to keep his spot!!
Lets hope they both get hundreds tomorrow mate!

Those 50s have been valuable, especially with Warner at the other end being so hot and cold. Also I don't know who else they'd pick? He's done enough with the bat to keep his spot!!
Lets hope they both get hundreds tomorrow mate!

I agree to an extent where there is no one else... but if there's an opener scoring consitent hundreds i'd take him over Watson.. Watson should be in at 5 and trundle 10 overs down a day... but he's probably to broken for that..

I hope it's a close series... but sorry want the saffa's to win...

I'll support Aussie in most things (being a kiwi) but I will NEVER support the Aussie cricket team....

Fucking Kiwi's - what a joke. No batsmen, no bowlers, no team. Bring back Paddles.

And yet you struggled to beat us last season :p

Weather is nit looking to flash up here this weekend..

Think Clarke would be silly to go in without a spinning option..

Bowl first, bowl fast.

You can win a game in a session with the ball, you can't do that with the bat.

How's the weather up there today bradders?
Worth putting money on a draw?
But we have been known to be rolled in three days!! Ha.

How's the weather up there today bradders?
Worth putting money on a draw?
But we have been known to be rolled in three days!! Ha.

Plenty of Dark Clouds around.. so wouldn't be surprised if we get some rain today..

Tomorrow... torrential rain I think...

here's the BOM outlook..

Saturday Rain periods, possible thunder. Min 19 Max 23
Sunday Mostly fine, possible shower. Min 17 Max 25
Monday Fine, mostly sunny. Min 15 Max 27
Tuesday Fine, mostly sunny. Min 15 Max 28

oh... loving test cricket.. SA is dominating at the moment but ive been busy all morning and have now got aother hour to just sit, watch cricket and eat watermelon... the best!