• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Correct lifting

What i didnt disregard? I couldnt see the difference. And you be a smart ass to me?

Thanks for nothing. I actually wanted to ask where you trained so i could see some of your lifts and have a chat but i guess your just too elite for me.

I'm far from being too elite for anyone Sir; I tried to help but you obviously knew better. So I politely asked you to disregard what I've said and continue performing the squats your way.

Please do not ever be disrespectful again to me.

I did not know who the person was in that you tube vid, was that you? If so, there's more reason for you to pay attention instead of providing excuses for why you're not performing such a potentially dangerous lift incorrectly.

Last time I checked your age I found it to be 22. That's great, you've got great years ahead of you; so why not do something you love properly and go a long way, rather than cut your career short because (as you claim), doing it your way has not adversely affected you.

All the best. We'll let this forum judge if I'm arrogant as you claim I am.

Fadi.

Last edited:
I simply said i couldnt see what you were saying
Now you're wasting my time. Please disregard and keep on doing it your way. You know best.

Re read what you said seems fairly arrogant to me.

I simply said i couldnt see what you were saying

Re read what you said seems fairly arrogant to me.

"Now you're wasting my time" was said after what you wrote. Noobs, I'm not here to convince you one way or the other regarding my character; it's not for me to judge but for others to judge who I am. You have judged me as being arrogant; I don't like it and it hurts, but you're entitled to your judgment Sir and I accept.

With all of that, I'm still willing to help you. But I simply can not tolerate any form of disrespect or name calling. If you can accept that, then we can proceed, otherwise; I've missed out on helping someone...

Fadi.

Noobs STFU and listen to what the man is saying, he is correct. You rlumbar rounds in the last 6-8 inches of your squat because you hips and ass tuck back under you. As a reults the spine is no longer straight but rounded placing an uneven load on the discs and ligaments. In the video Fadi posted the lifter maintains the lower back arch throughout the entire lift.

I use to do the same thing. Ended up with a compressed disc and 6+ months of not being able to squat/deadlift/bent row. Not a good way to go.

I suggest stretching your glutes, hamstrings and hip flexors thouroughly before and after each weight session.

Last edited:
n00bs, after some of the insulting things you've said to people in this forum, you're not in any position to get sensitive over someone's exact wording.

Click on Fadi's name in a post, check out other posts made by Fadi. He is a former AIS weightlifter and has many years of bodybuilding experience since then. So he's worth listening to, and if he speaks with an air of authority it's well-deserved.

In fact, it can be worth doing that with many posters, having a look at their previous posts - this lets you know where they're coming from, what their background is. Some of us put useful info in our sigs, too. So even without knowing Fadi's background, someone who does a 200kg squat is worth paying attention to.

Now watch your lift again. Notice that as you go down, your hips tilt back, which causes your lower back to round. That's the difference to Fadi's video of a lifter, who keeps his lower back straight or slightly arched in. A straighter back is able to bear the load better.

Markos can tell you about how some very strong lifters will round their lower back on very heavy lifts. But to the best of my knowledge, it should not be a regular thing.

In my own rather weak squats, I found that if I wanted to go arse-to-ground my lower back would almost had to round, but that if I widened my stance slightly it wouldn't. Perhaps you could try that? But Fadi could give much better advice, and you should listen to him. And of course Nick who knows his shit :)

Im sorry i got offended at what he said.
I wasnt be a smart ass i couldnt pick it until the other guy said to look at x x x seconds..

I had a family member pass away today and i am not feeling the best. Maybe i over reacted to your statement in my current frame of mind.

I wasnt be a smart ass i couldnt pick it until the other guy said to look at x x x seconds..

I had a family member pass away today and i am not feeling the best. Maybe i over reacted to your statement in my current frame of mind.

my condolence to you and your family...

just thought I would add here. While we talking about form, i have found that particular exercises where people tell you to use good form, and make you do it exactly as they do sometimes can be adverse. everyone's bodies are structured differently, so I feel that form is varied slightly from person to person. Form is used to prevent injury, focus on the muscle, etc, and for each person this would vary slightly as things like bone structure, bone and muscle size, body shape, flexabilty etc, would affect a persons form slightly. One example i like to site, is when i asked a trainer to spot me once on military shoulder press. he kept forcing the bar back further as i lowered it, and for me this actually hurt my shoulders in a dislocating slowly way, and i was not feeling it working my muscles in my delts at all. the way I did them, actually yielded me a sensation of burn and muscle fatigue specifically in my delts but his defenition of form was hurting me.

I feel your sadness n00bs and I'm sorry if I myself have over-reacted my friend. I thank you for taking the time to come over onto the forum and sharing your thoughts with us. I'm here to help and I'm extending you my hand in peace.

Peace
Fadi.

just thought I would add here. While we talking about form, i have found that particular exercises where people tell you to use good form, and make you do it exactly as they do sometimes can be adverse. everyone's bodies are structured differently, so I feel that form is varied slightly from person to person. Form is used to prevent injury, focus on the muscle, etc, and for each person this would vary slightly as things like bone structure, bone and muscle size, body shape, flexabilty etc, would affect a persons form slightly. One example i like to site, is when i asked a trainer to spot me once on military shoulder press. he kept forcing the bar back further as i lowered it, and for me this actually hurt my shoulders in a dislocating slowly way, and i was not feeling it working my muscles in my delts at all. the way I did them, actually yielded me a sensation of burn and muscle fatigue specifically in my delts but his defenition of form was hurting me.

Modo, that was a great post. Remember this: http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-training-discussions/9079-bad-spotters-ugly-7-a.html

My first of "the ugly seven" was the derailment of your path of strength by the spotter, which places your joints in a very weak position and could possibly result in injury.

Fadi.

thanks fadi. truly though i do believe that some of this stuff is open to own interpretation. what works for one does not always work for others. that kind of stuff.

So what am i doing wrong..
I was under the understanding not the stretch before working out.
But to warm up progressivly starting with the bar.

Is there a particular reason my ass swings in like it is doing? I would very much like to know how i can correct this.

Please all advice wold be greatly appreciated.

Maybe it was just a shit video.. I was fairly rooted that day.. I will make some more Im going to attempt a 200kg deadlift nextweek. Will take vids of that as well.

Look @ ur butt when u are squatting...
It dips in... while the other guy's butt doesnt dip in

look @ ur video from 12-13 secs, 15-16 secs

cheers

Noobs, I'm more interested in your video now that I know it's you and not some stranger over the net.

Here's the great news, are you ready for it? Becoming aware of your problem and where it begins. I watched the vid again and I can see that just below parallel everything (and I mean everything) is perfect!

Now as soon as you hit parallel, you back rounds up. Now that I've told you that, what you do is this: you place a light weight on your shoulders and squat with it, making sure you've got a side mirror beside you. Watch and feel when you (if you) begin to round your back. You've got to FEEL the difference between before you round your back and after it. The weight like I said should be light or no weight at all if you can maintain a high chest. You can use just the bar if you wish; we're going for that feeling so your mind can register it and avoid it. How can you stop doing something wrong when you don't know what it is wrong that you're actually doing?

Can you do that first?

Fadi.

Yes i will try next time im at the gym.. I just tried in the mirror in the bathroom and it felt like lack of movement in my hips.. I think i have tight hip flexors and need to do more stretching, sometimes i am so starving after a work out that i rush to leave to eat as opposed to stay and stretch. Probably my down fall.. I know i have very tight calves as well.. I really wish someone would just stretch me and i wish i had one of those leg stretching machines like we used to have in kung fu class ;)

Noobs, you're gonna start me up on another subject now.
sometimes i am so starving after a work out that i rush to leave to eat as opposed to...
Mate please take a look at what I recommend before, during, and after training in my 2200 calorie food plan. You should never be "starving" at any time if your aim is to build muscles. Starving = low insulin & high cortisol. We both know what that means.

Fadi.

What Fadi is referring too is that little dip in your butt does.

I generally see this from lifters who go too deep.

You may want to squat down till just before your bum does that dip, your squatting way low enough, no need to risk injury for the sake of a few inches.

I've had to stop a few lifters at PTC from squatting too deep with the exact action you display.