• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO State Titles

Nicks 275kg deadlift attempt that was red lighted. How f u c k i n g strong is this guy?

index.php

Yep, monolift, nothing but the best equipment at CAPO.

Ivanko steel calibrated plates, Ivanko calibrated bumpers, Ivanko powerbars for bench, 25kg 30mm squat bar for no flex, Texas deadlift bar for mucho flexness lol

index.php

Kelly's 255kg National Record deadlift at 79kg.

Both Kelly and Nick are lifetime drug free lifters, zero equipment, finished first and second in their first ever comp, training partners.

I need to buy more weights.

monolift nnnnniiiiiiccccccceeeeeeee. I noticed that was a fine looking bar when max was squatting. Sounds like a great event,

Dave, they actually had 2 monolifts there, one for warm ups. There was meant to be a third but it didnt make it.

The squat bar that goes with the monolift is 30mm in diameter so it doesnt flex, and it weighs 25kg without collars, 30kg with. A regular bar is 28mm and weighs 20kg without collars.

The Texas deadlift bar is a pearler, its 7'6", 27mm, its the same bar used by Andy Bolton who pulled 1000lb and Konstantinov who pulled 460kg without a belt.

We get to use world class equipment, the same used by the best lifters in the world at World Championships.

I'm organizing a Texas Deadlift bar for PTC, I promised the guys if they hit certain deadlift goals, I'd get them one.

Nick looked like he was relaxing on a island holiday on that lift, complete opposite expression to Max, he has the roar going on.

Markos - very impressive man! As I have said before this is just awesome for the sport!

Just wondering how the guys/gals found it using the mono? - I know some of our guys havnt used a mono before and have sort of asked me about it - I find them no different really - there is a canberra comp in a few weeks where our guys will get to use the mono and have abit of a practice before nats!

Nico deadlifting 235kg @ 79kg in the junior section, a National Record, and he finished 1st in the junior section. His lifts were 167.5/122.5/235 total 525kg

index.php

Well, out of my 16 lifters, only Nina had used a monolift before, at the 2007 Nationals.

We had no problems with it. The key is, at PTC we set the shoulders up under the bar first, then the feet. With the monolift I told them to set the feet first, then the shoulders.

Annies failed 135kg deadlift, 3 red lights for hitching the bar. Annie knew she'd hitched, but she was going to finish the lift regardless, she was smiling as she came off the stage.

index.php

yeah Dave gets the facial expression just right in that deadlift pic

Kelly's neck almost looks bigger then his head, love it