• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO State Titles

You pretty much are not allowed to let the bar dip or rest on your legs. When it leaves the floor, the only direction the bar is allowed to travel is up.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm organizing a Texas Deadlift bar for PTC, I promised the guys if they hit certain deadlift goals, I'd get them one.

Cool! Always wondered what it would feel like to deadlift with a bar that would bend like that, I saw a lifter miss a lift on the weekend - he pulled the bar up 10cms, but the plates stayed on the floor!

Catastrophic reckons it adds about 5-10kgs to his deadlift.

Awesome bar to use! definitely gave me an extra 5kg or more. I could have pulled 260kg with out TOO much difficulty with it.

You know i never though that something so seemingly simple as the flex of a bar could make such a large difference to a lift.. However as markos stated before when it comes to drive and speed if a bar has alot of flex then you are able to get some movement and motion before you actually hit the main load of the bar. Is that wha it is?

It's like doing a rack pull(kinda), you lift the bar 10cms(just a rough guess) or so before the plates even come off the ground, so that first 10cm is alot easier as you're not lifting the entire weight, also you can accelerate the bar alot harder, and carry that speed into the lockout, You're not lifting the full weight until the plates come off the ground, at which point you've already lifted the bar a fair distance.

Hope that helps.

It's like doing a rack pull(kinda), you lift the bar 10cms(just a rough guess) or so before the plates even come off the ground, so that first 10cm is alot easier as you're not lifting the entire weight, also you can accelerate the bar alot harder, and carry that speed into the lockout, You're not lifting the full weight until the plates come off the ground, at which point you've already lifted the bar a fair distance.

Hope that helps.

Yeah thats what i was thinking and trying to say you just said it alot better..

cheers

index.php

Jayden finished second in the juniors. He lifted in the 125kg class weighing 114kg. Here is his 220kg deadlift.

The bar definitely allows you to pull more weight, though I'm not sure about 10kg.

Max pulled 2.5kg more than he did at Albury.

Its hard to put a figure on it as my lifters hadnt attempted a PB for a while, only Max had maxed out at Albury.

I'm over PA, the best revenge is doing well.

Good to see Simon and Tim there watching, hope they dont get banned for that.

I know I know, but I couldnt resist.

They are around $385 in the US, you could double that at least by the time its landed, if not more.

Do you have a photo of Nina squatting from the meet? I want to see this awesome calf flexibility.

I have all the comp on DVD, have just been watching it, every lift, every minute, 4 discs, 7 hours lol...awesome quality.

I also have 700 pics.

I'll sort something out shortly