• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO National titles

CAPO NATIONAL BENCHPRESS/POWERLIFTING CHAMPIONSHIPS
14-15TH OF AUGUST 2010

Meet Organiser: STEVE BROWN: 0418 270360

ALL lifting and weigh-in schedules SUBJECT TO CHANGE, depending on number of entries received.

Due to the restricted time - only 1 entry per person per competition will be accepted.

Each LIFTER is responsible to check on any changes with the Meet Organiser (STEVE BROWN).

State President / Co-ordinator / Secretary / Treasurer are responsible for sending all their state members' entry forms and monies as a team.

No individual entries will be accepted.

State President / Co-ordinator / Secretary / Treasurer to ensure the following information is received from each entry:

 confirm current membership, by advising expiry date of membership
 lifter has reached qualifying standard in the last 2 years
 lifters' details
 weight division
 age

ENTRIES CLOSE LAST MAIL 15th JULY 2010
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED

Lifter entry fees are: National Benchpress (single-lift) $ 80.00
Senior Nationals (3-lift) $ 100.00
Entry to both $ 150.00

Presentation Dinner: Lifters, non-lifting officials, friends, etc - presentation Dinner is $57, to be paid by 15 July 2010.
(There are limited tickets available, so get in early so that you and your family/friends don't miss out!)

T-Shirts: ……. @ $30.00 each Sizes: ………

XXL XL L M S XS

Note: Please make sure all monies for Entry Fees; Presentation Lunch & T-Shirts are paid together with contest entry form or official declaration form to your state co-ordinator.

QUALIFYING STANDARDS

CAPO National Benchpress –

MEN - Equipped
BWT Class Qualifying Standard
52kg 107.5kg
56kg 115.0kg
60kg 132.5kg
67.5kg 140.0kg
75kg 150.0kg
82.5kg 160.0kg
90kg 170.0kg
100kg 180.0kg
110kg 187.5kg
125kg 195.0kg
140kg 200.0kg
140+kg 205.0kg

CAPO Senior Nationals – Men's qualifying totals
Men’s qualifying totals for Men’s senior category
There is no qualifying standard for Open Women, Teenage, Junior or Masters Categories, Raw is open to all.

MEN - Equipped
BWT Class Qualifying Standard
52kg 395.0kg
56lg 422.5kg
60kg 452.5kg
67.5kg 502.5kg
75kg 540.0kg
82.5kg 580.0kg
90kg 607.5kg
100kg 640.0kg
110kg 670.0kg
125kg 692.5kg
140kg 712.5kg
140+kg 732.5kg

*** Please note meet promoter and the President have the right to waiver a qualifying total in extreme circumstances or if deemed in the best Interest of the event.
PRELIMINARY TIMETABLE

MEETINGS (Times to be advised closer to date)

Saturday, 14 August Annual General Meeting (all welcome) Starts at the end of the last lift on the day
Sunday, 15 August State Representatives only (To be confirmed) 6PM

ALL lifting and weigh-in schedules SUBJECT TO CHANGE, depending on number of entries received.

WEIGH-IN TIMES ( conducted at The Competition Venue , Saturday and Sunday)
ALL lifters MUST present at one of the times below and show ID;(Drivers license, Passport or equivalent that has your photo on it)

WEIGH-IN TIMES
Friday, 13th August Open Women 9.00am to 11.00am
(Body World)TBC# Novice, Teenage, Master 11.00pm to 1.00pm

Saturday, 14th Benchpress 9.00am to 11.00am
Open Men, Junior 10.00am to 12.00pm
Sunday, 15th Benchpress 7.00am to 8.30am"Last chance"
Open Men, Junior 7.00am to 8.30am "Last chance"

LIFTING SCHEDULE AT THE EVENT

LIFTING SCHEDULE Start Time
Saturday, 14th Open Women 9.00am to 1.00pm
Novice, Teenage, Master 1.00pm to 7.00pm

Sunday, 15th Benchpress 9.00am to 10.00am
Open Men, Junior 10.00am to 7.00pm

Sunday, 15 August Presentation Dinner 7.00pm

Last edited:
Getting pumped for this!!!

Having a warm up comp on the 19th of this month so I will be keen to see where the guys are at with there prep - and see what we need to improve on!

Well IF i can get a hold of him, and give him the money, it will never make it down to paul. He still hasnt emailed the results from 2 months ago to paul, imagine him handling cash!

QLD results are up Scott

Queensland - STATE TITLES

I sent a hostile email to key CAPO figures yesterday, guess it worked.

Mason will be organized for this. There are other QLD lifters from nissansilvia.com coming, hook up with them.

Well IF i can get a hold of him, and give him the money, it will never make it down to paul. He still hasnt emailed the results from 2 months ago to paul, imagine him handling cash!

yes it took him 4 weeks to respond to one of my emails lol. Part of the reason why I didnt compete this year. Im thinking of travelling down to Vic next year to do the states.

No it's nit masons fault. He is a top bloke.
Another guy was looking after the records/membership. He is the state rep on the capo site.

Cheers for the heads up with the results M :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you know if the cost is the same for junior males ? It only says Senior Nationals in that message

Adam Coe is coming to Melbourne to MC the Nationals.

For those that dont know, Adam Coe is the greatest powerlifter in Australian history.

He totalled 960kg @ 99kg in 1993, a record that wont ever be broken.

For those that dont know, Adam Coe is the greatest powerlifter in Australian history.

Great news! - Awesome lifter

Adam is a legend, but I don't think his record will never be broken. There is always some one that is better then you. Be it now or in 10 years

Its been 17 years now, thats a VERY long time in a sport that has seen MASSIVE improvements in equipment.

I suppose they will fit little jet chargers to their ass to help with squat next, maybe then.

Ed Coan still has records in the WPC from the early 80's.

Its been 17 years now, thats a VERY long time in a sport that has seen MASSIVE improvements in equipment.

I suppose they will fit little jet chargers to their ass to help with squat next, maybe then.

Ed Coan still has records in the WPC from the early 80's.

Yeah with the way powerlifting gear is going nothing surprises me. People are getting more and more out their equipment.

I was chatting with him today, he was blown away when I told him about young Matt weighing in at 71kg and lifting at 83kg at the NSW Nats.

He said when he posted his 960kg total, he was running around frantically the morning of the comp trying to make weight. Imagine with todays 24 hour weigh in for CAPO, he couldve posted that total at 89kg lol

Your approaching 750kg arent you Paul, what are you hoping for at the Nats?

Adam was a great lifter and Iam sure with todays rules he could of done even greater things!

I have alot of respect for any one who cuts weight - its not an easy thing to do and then to come back 24 hours later and be on your A game takes alot of doing.

Last edited: