• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO National titles

And maybe one day maybe Ill be strong enough for somebody to say that about me......... :p

OT, As most know, the crest is booked out.
I just got off the phone from a few spots
The cheapest I found was

Charnwood Motor Inn - $150p/n for 4 single beds = $37ea. 400m from comp.

then
Quest on St Kilda Road Serviced Apartment Accommodation - $285p/n for 5 adults = $57ea. 200m from comp.

Obviously these were 1 night stays - might be able to get a discount for staying a few days.

Im looking at 11th-16th.

Reply here or PM me if your interested

You do not just have to stay in St Kilda, its easy to get to by public transport if you find a cheaper place around the city.

if your too heavy and know your not going to be setting any records, fvck the sauna off and do a colossal carb and creatine load?

Okay, the reason for coming in as light as you can is because of the Glossbrenner score (from here on in, referred to as The Brock Lessner)

Max was 74kg so he knew he didnt have to hit the sauna for his 75kg class.

They combine all the teenage lifters together to work out best lifter, he finished second, just 1.5kg behind the winner.

If he'd gone to a sauna on the way to weigh in, we wouldve swept all 4 divisions.

In fairness to Max, he really doesnt like the 24 hour weigh in, he thinks its cheating, you should weigh in on the day. He thought what Matt Middelton did at the NSW was unfair, although its part of lifting. He weighed in at 71kg, lifted at 83kg and set all the records in the 75kg class, while being 8kg over.

Just because its a simple part of lifting, he doesnt have to accept it. I encouraged ALL my lifters to do it, its the same for everyone.

He marches to the beat of his own drum lol he set his records in the 75kg teenage class, 16/17yo and 18/19yo weighing 72kg and 74kg.

I hope his morals dont stop him winning a National or World level event, not that I think it will bother him lol.

His explanation is that he is going to get much, much stronger. What he's done in the past doesnt interest him in the slightest, as long as he lifts more each comp.

So, the sauna can be the difference between first and second place, or a clean sweep for a particular gym lol little turdburglar

For me I tell my lifters to do everything they can do to win - if that means spending 20 hours in the sauna then shit they are going to do it.

If it means eating 10,000 cals a day then they will do it.

You have to use everything to your advantage to win - simple as that.

I tell mine the same thing Joel, but Max is my son first, lifter second.

I like the fact he has standards though, even if they are misdirected.

In the gym, if someone is going for a double bodyweight squat or triple bodyweight deadlift, they weigh themselves 10 seconds before the lift.

He still needs to understand that the goal posts shift in competition, and I know he would NEVER claim such a lift if thats not what he weighed.

I think every competitor should do what he has to to win.

In fairness to Max, he really doesnt like the 24 hour weigh in, he thinks its cheating,

So do I.

Why do they do it that way anyway?

A weigh in on the morning before you lift would be a much more accurate indicator.

Its to give the lifter the opportunity to have the best total they can get.

I like the 24 hour weigh in because it gives the lifter more opportunity to move around - i.e if they know they can get all the records in 75's and are currently 80, but have no chance in the 82.5 div then he/she can cut down + as above a guy can come in light and have a chance to beat a guy 30kgs heavier etc etc.

You just make the best of the rules I guess.

Last edited:
Then, the person who pulls the best numbers is the one who is prepared to bake for the longest!!

That's silly, takes away the focus from what it's really all about - lifting.

Surely a change in bodyweight of 15kgs can't be good for you.

Not taking anything away from Matt, that's an awesome effort to drop so much weight. And freakishly strong....

You are right though Joel, might as well make the most of the rules.

Yer, we didnt need to wear the singlets, we were late entry. Henry did say though that he expected to see them at the next meet.

No lifter will be allowed to lift without a singlet or knee high sox for the deadlift at Nationals

Yer, we didnt need to wear the singlets, we were late entry. Henry did say though that he expected to see them at the next meet.

i didn't even realise we had to wear them! most of the people there were just wearing normal t-shirts or muscle pit shirts.

where do we purchase these singlets? they look pretty badass ;)

See Henry.

There is a guy on the CAPO forum selling them.

We got them all from Minh here in Melb.

Inzer sells them for $35 US...freight is a bitch, get a few at the same time to save