• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO National titles

Welcome Michael.

some specs on Michael.

He flew down from QLD for Bash at the Beach 3. He had a poor comp, his words.

At 77kg, he

Squatted 160kg
Benched 145kg
Cleaned 100kg
Overhead 90kg
Deadlifted 227.5kg

Totaled 722.5kg

he finished 3rd behind Chris and Kelly. He only made 8/15 attempts

strong

They are awsome numbers,

i love seeing the results of other people it inspires, and re-assures you about what is possible..also gives you targets.

sticky e mail me so i can send you updated entry forms and they will go back to the new state rep who is jeff lam ,a top lifter and i assure you he will run qld with care and pride ,the same guy is about to open a gym in the brisy area and if i know jeff it will be a strength gym.[2].long socks are to prevent blood on the bar so if you scrap your shins you bleed on the inside of your socks .shin gards are also used .you need ,for your sake somthing that the bar wont drag on.my crew in traing use thin knee high socks ,under the socks i made for them plastic gards, just cut up a couple of 2 litre juice bottles,cut to the shape of their leg and slid them under their socks no more blood, ok my e mail is barbella@iprimus.com.au any one needing entry forms which were updated this week e mail me and i will forward "keep lifting"

Thank you very much for the DVD's of the 2004 Nationals, very impressive.

You guys were tough on some of those squats, good to see.

Teresa is incredibly strong, perfect form on every lift, good to see.

Thanks for the kind intro Markos.

Jeff has sent me the entry forms this morning so its full steam ahead.

Oh and I am seriously thinking of dropping to 67.5kg class for this comp. I really think I can get there.

Kid, tell them how much you used to weigh at what height lol

Michael has been buying diets and programs off me for years.

He is a credit to himself, unbelievable discipline.

If he gets down to 67.5kg, he will set some unbelievable marks for those to chase.

hahah yeh the dreaded fat days... I am only 165cm tall ,At my fattest I was around 115kg and managed to get down to 75kg in less then a year.
As markos has mentioned I have bought diets / training programs off him and had much success but most importantly the knowledge I have learnt about different styles of training/ nutrition is probably what I consider the most important thing as it now enables me to help others.

On another note I have done quite a few power liftting comps in QLD before but never had to waste or lose much weight to make a weight class but this time will be different to make 67.5. How much weight is it possible to lose through zero fluids for 24hrs and using the sauna ? And what is the best way for this short term weightloss without sapping your stregth ?

Id say u could drop anywhere from 4-10kgs - but its a hard slog.

All my guys do is I.e:

Comp is on a Sunday/weigh in Saturday - stop drinking from around 2-3pm thurs/ stop eating from around 4-5pm - don't eat or drink anything through friday - if your going crazy maybe have a small icey pole or abit of dry toast.

Smash the sauna like a crazy man!

Don't have anything Saturday morning till you have weighed in - strip down to your undies or if your confident about yourself lol strip down to nothing - weigh in - have at least acouple of Litres of powerade mixed with water right away then just keep drinking this mix throughout the day.

Then start eating - I like high salt food straight after - so somethings that I like are - chips, maccas, anything salty really - one of my favs is whole heap of white rice, steak, with heaps of sweet chilli sauce and heap of soy sauce...but really just eat as much as you can...you really want to gain all the weight you lost back before the comp.

Sticky suggested I sign up here to keep up to date with whats happening with Nationals.

The boys off ns.com will know me.

Matt

Welcome my friend. 6 weeks to go!

Your getting to melbourne on friday night yeh? Your going to miss the 24hr weigh in as we will be lifting on Saturday.
Ordered my Titan gear of Minh, about $90. His contct details are in this (or the state) thread.

Accommodations booked, Markos warned me about you though. He said you have a habit of raping people and to sleep with one eye open :p
Posted via Mobile Device

Welcome my friend. 6 weeks to go!

Your getting to melbourne on friday night yeh? Your going to miss the 24hr weigh in as we will be lifting on Saturday.
Ordered my Titan gear of Minh, about $90. His contct details are in this (or the state) thread.

Accommodations booked, Markos warned me about you though. He said you have a habit of raping people and to sleep with one eye open :p
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcos would never say such a thing. Besides its not rape if you want it.

Ive ordered my stuff already, accoms sorted (thanks for that man) I just have to do my capo membership and entry fees this weekend and Im sorted.

Still working out how im gonna sort out this weigh in situation, whether i try to move my flight back or what.

Sticky suggested I sign up here to keep up to date with whats happening with Nationals.

The boys off ns.com will know me.

Matt

Big Matt at AD10 @ 108kg and 20yo

Squat 190kg
Bench 170kg
powerclean 122.5kg
Overhead 122.5kg
Deadlift 260kg

Strong?

First GTR he ever drove was making 471awkw lol, he was 18, we'll never forget it lol

Welcome big fella, see you in a few weeks

Big Matt at AD10 @ 108kg and 20yo

Squat 190kg
Bench 170kg
powerclean 122.5kg
Overhead 122.5kg
Deadlift 260kg

Strong?

First GTR he ever drove was making 471awkw lol, he was 18, we'll never forget it lol

Welcome big fella, see you in a few weeks

Thats a ****ign strong chest to squat ratio!! :eek:

Matt squatting 190kg, could he be any more relaxed?

6.jpg

I just noticed, there are 5 guys in that pic that squatted 190kg (420lbs) and over on the day.
From left....

Nick, gay shorts - 220kg - Raw PL total 630kg @ 110kg
Simon Mac - 190kg - Raw PL total 635kg @ 107kg
Matt - 190kg (squatting) - Raw PL total 620kg @ 108kg
Christine - 207.5kg Raw PL total 648.5kg @ 93kg
Chris - 200kg - Raw PL total 582.5 @ 104kg

Some strong young men