• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I like deep, but smaller lol. So hard to explain over the interwebz
XXXXXX xxxxxxx
XXXXXX xxxxxxx
XXXXXX xxxxxxx

Both deep, both grippy, but one cuts my shins/chest/hands more.
I could just be a girl though.

hi guys, ive been doing research through reading posts on ausbb.

im looking for a new barbell and i was going for the 1500lb rating from gymdirect.com.au but then i saw a similar rating barbell

220cm Olympic Barbell_Thrust Bearing_Rated 600kg

but this one is bearing instead of bushing. Do you think i would be better off with a bearing? the price difference is minimal as well.

p.s. im a beginner lifter whos looking to get serious.

Khd, 'thrust bearings' are something very new to the market, adrians the only producer of them as far as I know. I have a $500 barbell without them.

Its not a big deal imo, just flip a coin.

hi guys, ive been doing research through reading posts on ausbb.

im looking for a new barbell and i was going for the 1500lb rating from gymdirect.com.au but then i saw a similar rating barbell

220cm Olympic Barbell_Thrust Bearing_Rated 600kg

but this one is bearing instead of bushing. Do you think i would be better off with a bearing? the price difference is minimal as well.

p.s. im a beginner lifter whos looking to get serious.

i got that bar and markos from PTC has been giving it a run and has found no problems with it so far. for 200$ you're not going to find a better bar

And here I thought a bar was just a bar. Only cared about the size. Both of mine were free and have lasted years. I unload the weight each session and I'm the only one that uses them. I suppose they never have much more than 100kg on them at the best of times though...

And here I thought a bar was just a bar. Only cared about the size. Both of mine were free and have lasted years. I unload the weight each session and I'm the only one that uses them. I suppose they never have much more than 100kg on them at the best of times though...

Yeah I could never justify spending over $500 on a barbell myself but when you start getting 200kg on your back piece of mind is pretty important.

Bar came today. very nice. the knurling is good. still very grippy, the heavy course knurling would've been intense.
im thinking of doing a celebratory walkout with 180kg, maybe 200kg. see what it feels like. if it feels good i may squat it lol.

Glad your happy with it mate :).

I was a little nervous that it may not have been what you were after :D.

How much did everyone pay for their ABC powerbars? I was quoted $563.73 in the pricelist, sent another e-mail asking for their best price.

Just sort of wondering what is the norm?

I am considering getting an ABC bar due to Markos' generosity with the stands, the extra money may be better spent on some more quality equipment. Just means I can spend less money on other things, no biggie, looking to pick up more shifts anyway so things may balance out.

Also, after buying the first bar, will not be buying again for quite a while (funds are gone, and will not borrow more from parents) Do you think buy once buy good, or save the money for later?

Cheers
Jason

Abc bars are great mate. And the price you git quoted is about right, and cheap for what your getting.
I think do it once, do it right. Your bar won't need replacing for a very long time - if at all.

I think get a muscle motion 1500lb test bar for now. You'll want a spare anyway for movements outside the rack and tbh you have other priorities right now - eg getting the rack. Nice barbells can come later.

^ well said Oli.

How much did everyone pay for their ABC powerbars? I was quoted $563.73 in the pricelist, sent another e-mail asking for their best price.

$484 for me in Perth. Saved up a while for it but i don't regret it at all. It's a piece of equipment i'll treasure for the rest of my lifting life.

Oliver, after this purchase, that is pretty much it for now. I won't be buying another bar or rack or anything for quite a long time, I don't like owing money to people, but this was a once off so I can train properly and frequently enough.

There is not much point buying a cheaper barbell for a rack if there is not going to be a rack for a long time, is there?

Hopefully I won't need another bar for many years to come.....

tbh I doubt you'll kill a 1500lb muscle motion bar through general use. I dont know - $500 = half a power rack, just seems like it can be better spent. Don't get me wrong, i love my bar to bits.

I think get a muscle motion 1500lb test bar for now. You'll want a spare anyway for movements outside the rack and tbh you have other priorities right now - eg getting the rack. Nice barbells can come later.

I opted for the 'do it once, do it right' option, and bought a Zhang Kong Competition bar. However, be mindful that, even if you have a good bar, you definitely will still need a second bar you're happy to use with other equipment (power rack, squat rack, bench, etc). There's no point in paying good money, for a good quality bar, to slam the shit out of it on safety bars and catches.

Cheers,

Aaron.

I opted for the 'do it once, do it right' option, and bought a Zhang Kong Competition bar. However, be mindful that, even if you have a good bar, you definitely will still need a second bar you're happy to use with other equipment (power rack, squat rack, bench, etc). There's no point in paying good money, for a good quality bar, to slam the shit out of it on safety bars and catches.

Cheers,

Aaron.

I see what you mean, with the bars going right on the pins in regular racks and stands, but with this one
http://ausbb.com/buy-sell-trade/11907-free-good-home.html

The bumpers rest directly on the stands, the bar never touches it,
Do you think the MM one will be able to take a fair bit of drops etc. as if I fail a squat or something, the bumpers are going to hit the stands. Hmm

I will get Markos' opinion on it as he has owned both bars and the stands.
-Do you think the MM 600kg bar will be alright with the wooden stands?

If so, I reckon I may save a bit of coin, take olivers advice and go with the cheaper MM one