• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
33.jpg

Thats Ronnie deadlifting 200kg with the ZK

32.jpg

Thats Max deadlifting 200kg with the ABC bar

You can see the tiny difference with 200kg, it wont be visible with 120kg

I think the most I have squatted on the ABC is 355kg and it bends a fair bit with anything 220kg plus, but no different to the texas bar and it has stayed straight after plenty of sessions. The ivanko whips. I think they used one at the 2007 Commonwealth champs and once we got over 300kg it was pretty bad, especially with squats.

We have loaded our ABC to 350kg+ for partial squats. It bends considerably, but both bars are laser straight. Over 300kg for rack pulls, dumped on steel bars, still straight.

Close to 4 years of this, 4 hours a night. I've said this before, a guy in a home gym wont damage one.

I disagree with a lot of your olympic bar experiences guys. I squatted 180 with an eleiko competition bar (olympic one, not powerlifting). It was like squatting with a pool noodle, lol.

Well I finally found out some info about my bar..It is not a power bar

It is a custom BO220 that was made with shorter 410mm collars, and a longer 1400mm shaft specifically for use with CAL gym squat and bench racks, which are quite wide at the pins, it is >10 years old...still strait, still spins.

closure...lol

What can I say, I like to eat lol

With Max, Jesse and me all adding weight, Nina has no hope of keeping up. We actually get some of our own meals now, although this burns valuable calories, so we've had to add an extra one.

I bought a cheap bar from gymdirect
220cm Olympic Barbell_Thrust Bearing_Rated 600kg

I'm a beginner, the bar has nearly no bend with 130kg deadlift, but that's the most I can lift at the moment.

Do you think the bar will be ok for use in a power rack and only on squat deadlift bench OH, til I get a 140,180,100 benchmark at least?

Maybe in a few years I can afford an ABC bar.

That bar will last you a long time. I doubt you will need a new one due to getting to strong for it.
The only drama is no all plates fit as it has "caps" at the end of the sleeves.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wrong Scott, as far as I know, nobody on here has calibrated plates.

Calibrated plates have a tighter hole than the cheap plates every body buys, the cheap plates glide on effortlessly.

The calibrated plates go on as well, every now and again, one might catch, which requires a jiggle.

Ah my bad. Didn't know it was claibrated only.

Would hurt to measure your plates and check anyway. Cheap plates can differ.
Posted via Mobile Device

eBay.

Bought a 7Ft Oly bar + 77.5kg for $235

I am now in the hunt for some more weight but damn if I will be paying $3 a kilo for it. I'll just wait until some more pop up on eBay.

great thread. It should be moved to the Equipment section

Too all those that have a ABC bar, how is it going? I'm thinking of getting one pretty soon and would like some feedback, or recommendations as what to get.

tossing up between the ABC and Pendlay one from Auskettlebells. Similar price. it may be the Blackness that wins it for the ABC.