• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
If you're using the timber stands that Markos was giving away, with bumpers, they're not going to do any damage to any bar, as they catch the weights, not the bar.

Cheers,

Aaron.

I covered the racks with a piece of rubber conduit to prevent the knurling from being worn down, and it wouldnt be hard to do the same with the safety racks.

This wont stop the weight possibly affecting the bushings though.

Thought I would post this question up to see if I can get some advice, as Im fairly new to all this.

I bent my last olly bar and need to buy a new one, I am mainly looking at the 600kg one from gym direct, the one that was linked earlier in this thread.

I mainly squat, dead, bench and press but everynow and then I clean and am currently learning how to snatch. So far my max lifts are 130kg squat, 140kg deadlift, 60kg clean.

Considering I mainly squat and deadlift, would this bar be fine to occasionally do some olly lifts with?

I figure at my level nearly any bar will be fine though.

Thanks

Thought I would post this question up to see if I can get some advice, as Im fairly new to all this.

I bent my last olly bar and need to buy a new one, I am mainly looking at the 600kg one from gym direct, the one that was linked earlier in this thread.

I mainly squat, dead, bench and press but everynow and then I clean and am currently learning how to snatch. So far my max lifts are 130kg squat, 140kg deadlift, 60kg clean.

Considering I mainly squat and deadlift, would this bar be fine to occasionally do some olly lifts with?

I figure at my level nearly any bar will be fine though.

Thanks
Haven't used it but I'm sure it'd be fine. ABC bars are a little more pricey but they offer great quality at a reasonable price if u can afford it a little extra.

WIll be looking for another Barbell soonish. It will just be for floor work, deadlifts, cleans etc, no rack stuff, i already have a beat up ABC bar for that.

Should I be looking at a bearing bar, that spins better. Or will the ABC powerlifting bar still be comfortable enough. does it make that much difference?

What's the difference between a $200 one and the $500 one?

Build quality and markings.

I just read all of the pages...

I'm pretty new to lifting. I was wondering if the muscle motion 600kg bar will be sufficient to do squats, bench press, deadlift, and power cleans.

220cm Olympic Barbell_Thrust Bearing_Rated 600kg

I'm only 17, so a ABC $500 barbell is quite a lot. Maybe in the future.

You're 17. You'll get quite a few years out of a 600kg rated MM bar. Down the track (when you're 20+) and you have a job you might want to upgrade however as an ABC bar is a very nice bar.

I'm looking at getting a second bar for my home setup. I have an ABC bar (black nitride needle roller bearing) at the moment, couldn't be happier with it. But I want a second bar so I don't have to fart around unloading it and taking it out of the power rack to do things like deadlifts, cleans, presses etc.

I'm trying to decide whether to just say "f**k it" and go for another ABC bar, or perhaps save a bit of money by going for the Muscle Motion 600kg rated barbell for $199 from Gym Direct... provided it's going to last. Spending the extra $200-$300 isn't a big drama.

I guess I already know what I SHOULD do haha :rolleyes:

Brocky I know the feeling. Ever can't be fucked to take your bar out of the rack to overhead or deadlift? This happens to me all the time, its almost worth paying an extra $500 for.

Build quality and markings.

You're 17. You'll get quite a few years out of a 600kg rated MM bar. Down the track (when you're 20+) and you have a job you might want to upgrade however as an ABC bar is a very nice bar.

Thanks for that, I'll probably get the $200 one, and do what you said.

Only thing I dislike about te mm bar is the knurling isn't as rough as I would like, as the weight goes up on bench if your going a little wider your hands can slip if you get a bit sweaty.. Just chalk up all the time and hold on tight!

Only thing I dislike about te mm bar is the knurling isn't as rough as I would like, as the weight goes up on bench if your going a little wider your hands can slip if you get a bit sweaty.. Just chalk up all the time and hold on tight!

Oh nice, so you got it? I guess it feels better than I non-oly bar that costs $50?

Yeah its fine..

I just find that if im benching 130 wide and my hands arnt chalked enough or i am a bit sweaty that my hands can start sliding..

Good grip training?

:p

Brocky I know the feeling. Ever can't be fucked to take your bar out of the rack to overhead or deadlift? This happens to me all the time, its almost worth paying an extra $500 for.

Yep, so much so that I feel compelled to buy another bar.

I spoke to Wayne at ABC and am getting another black nitride (with bushings this time, so I save a few $). He's looking after me on price and the extra money is worth it knowing that it's a quality bar and I'll never bend it. Now I just need an El Cheapo EZ Curl bar.

so i really wish my wife had let me spend the extra on an ABC bar right now. i ordered a 600kg muscle motion bar from gymandfitness after markos' recommendation. they came back and said they were out of stock but they offered me one of these garage gym bars mentioned by the OP for under $300 delivered to perth instead of the $449 + shipping listed on their site. they promised it was much better and stronger than the MM bar. it arrived yesterday and here is what the knurling is like on each side...

dr00-albums-garage-gym-bar-picture199-img-2187.jpg

dr00-albums-garage-gym-bar-picture198-img-2186.jpg

just a slight lack of consistency... ive emailed the dude at gymandfitness so we'll see what comes of it. they didnt package it very well either so the bar slide out of the tube during shipping and its got a couple of dings in one end.

good response from gymandfitness, theyre sending out a replacement bar tomorrow. theyve offered to let me keep the shoddy bar as well for $100 if i want it otherwise theyre going to try and sell it on their website to someone else in WA.