• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Better Chest Exercise than BP?

With the little time you've been lifting Kev it can be more to do with knowing your body and exercise execution than the movement itself.

Also it is not always necessary to "feel" the chest working. You don't feel your quads contracting during a 3/5rm squat test, and if you're using similar rep ranges for your bench then it won't help "feeling".

Yeah im only a noob to this too. Ive been lifting without a program for 2 months, and been on a proper program for 3 or so months now.
My weekly chest is:
Chest press 4 sets of 5 (Power)
Incline bench press 3 sets of 10-12 (Muscle)
Decline bench press 3 sets pf 10-12 (Muscle)
Dumbell pec flys 1 set of 40 (Burn)

Without the set range and burn set i never felt like my chest was working. I always had to do a super set of bench press with push ups just so i could feel it in the chest.
Push ups are our friends, use them!!!

Your taking the piss, arent you?

heck on, i aint taking the piss. Feels good that routine does

I have noticed a difference in my chest over the last few weeks and the change i made was to add in dips and DB Pullovers.

Dips are awesome, im annoyed i hadnt been doing them the whole time. Def give them a go.

1 set of 40 flys, what are they like 5kg DB's?

Dips are awesome, im annoyed i hadnt been doing them the whole time. Def give them a go.

Yeah I love dips too. Keep the chin tucked down, lean forward, keep a nice controlled motion up and down and it really hits the chest well.