• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Better Chest Exercise than BP?

There's more then one way to skin a cat. I added 20kg's to my frame over about 2 years training muscle groups once a week. Either way may work. He mentioned that he does a split routine, and i said that it will work for hypertrophy.

no.

There seems to be a connection with 5x5, drinking milk and being white with shitcan genetics that seems to work better than flex magazine routine + eating broccoli and chicken + white with shitcan genetics.

Either way works.
In fact everything works.

What it comes down to is effacy.
You can spend 2hours in the gym or you can spend 15 min and garner exactly the same result.
15 minutes is going to be brutally hard, not many people have that tolerance to pain and it's not manly to admit so they make other excuses.
Posted via Mobile Device

Im inclined to disagree.

Most split routines for noobs are a recipe for disaster - 4 different exercises for 'chest' day (must hit each portion of it remembers), most usually use 5-6 sets which either makes for severe overtraining or girl weights, and you cant tell them otherwise because 'I've been training for 6 weeks and I know I respond better to volume, made obvious by the fact im 70kg 6'1 soaking wet'

There are some really good split routines out there, but ive not seen one of those cited by anyone on here.

Any lifting will garner results, whether it is safe and efficiant for the trainee is another issue.

Let's not forget why a split program was introduced.
Posted via Mobile Device

Whoops, I should not have written "exactly" more often than not similar results.
Posted via Mobile Device

Because he's better off doing one exercise 3 times a week.

There seems to be a connection with 5x5, drinking milk and being white with shitcan genetics that seems to work better than flex magazine routine + eating broccoli and chicken + white with shitcan genetics.
Beautiful.

I love how bodybuilders cry "overtraining!" at the thought of training a lift 2 or 3 times a week for 10-15 sets total - whilst they hammer out 20+ sets per muscle just once a week.

Notes: Learn how to double quote post! :mad:

This website should be called AusPL not AusBB

I've never recommended a powerlifting routine for anybody.

Commercial bodybuilding programs fail thousands of people annually - go to bb.com and check out how many accounts are made as compared to regular users. It boggles the mind.

Traditional strength training programs, even when improperly designed, seem to get people A LOT further along the line than weilder style splits.

This website should be called AusPL not AusBB

You want someone to bench 40kg for reps and build muscle?

Do you not know that almost every successful body builder has had a power back ground...

I laugh at this when body builders are too wuss to do some hard work to make a goal..

I want to buy a gtr skyline but i dont want to save money for it... So ill go for a loan (steroids ) to get it. Not do hard work and have it for myself...

I dont know much about you but i am fairly certain arnold shwarzenegger and franco columbo have more bodybuilding/weighttrianing/powerlfiting experience then you do.

They built their bodies on a power routine then moed onto other things when they had their full license...

Why is the average joe somehow exempt to this simple rule?

franco-columbo-2.jpg

Arnold_Schwarzenegger_powerlifting_deadlifts_bottom_technique.jpg

arnold%2Bsquatting.jpg

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weights," - Ronnie Coleman

/END THREAD

Last edited:
N00bs there are plenty of people who break your simple rule...

2vmbr41.jpg

ao3tpk1.jpg

They're called genetic freaks.

Bodybuilding is about three things:
1) Genetics
2) Genetics
3) Genetics

For those of use who dont have these we need to reaccess what works and what doesnt, even if 'arnie says so'

N00bs there are plenty of people who break your simple rule...

2vmbr41.jpg

ao3tpk1.jpg

They're called genetic freaks.

Bodybuilding is about three things:
1) Steroids
2) Steroids
3) Steroids

For those of use who dont have these we need to reaccess what works and what doesnt, even if 'arnie says so'

Sorry i fixed your post Oli.

If you want to reccomend someone benches 40kg with 4 chest exercises to a begginer to get massive well done your a tool..

Everyone needs to forget about genetic freaks!! Because if this guy was one he wouldnt be worried about his bench press he wouldbe huge and not even touched weights i know thesre people, if they trained they would be massive..

But we focus on what we can do not what others can do...

I've never recommended a powerlifting routine for anybody.

Commercial bodybuilding programs fail thousands of people annually - go to bb.com and check out how many accounts are made as compared to regular users. It boggles the mind.

Traditional strength training programs, even when improperly designed, seem to get people A LOT further along the line than weilder style splits.

All I said is you can do both, but your clearly one sided...

I have seen the results with Split, you have seen the results with full body (or what ever)

You missed the point.

Vic Richards was 16 in the first pic and 18 in the second. Do you honestly think that was all steroids?

No amount of dbol or tren will make your average person look anywhere near that good.

Nor did I recommend benching 40kg - I clearly stated that in my first post. What I said:

- traditional bodybuilding = doesnt work for most people

- Traditional strength training = does work for most people

- Powerlifting does get people big, but people still after size would probably be better off doing something hypertrophy geared once theyve finished with traditional strength training stuff.

All I said is you can do both, but your clearly one sided...

I have seen the results with Split, you have seen the results with full body (or what ever)

Yes, very one sided, which is why I seem to come from the left field everytime.

Yes, split routines CAN work where properly designed, which they almost never are which is why we're constantly arguing against 20 something year olds who've been lifting 'for years' and weigh as much as me when I first touched the bar despite being 2" taller.

Last edited:
You missed the point.

Vic Richards was 16 in the first pic and 18 in the second. Do you honestly think that was all steroids?

No amount of dbol or tren will make your average person look anywhere near that good.

Nor did I recommend benching 40kg - I clearly stated that in my first post. What I said:

- traditional bodybuilding = doesnt work for most people

- Traditional strength training = does work for most people

- Powerlifting does get people big, but people still after size would probably be better off doing something hypertrophy geared once theyve finished with traditional strength training stuff.

I appolagise i misread your comment... I thought you were saying that a base wasnt needed first..

Problem is oli people see those pics and go shit what routine was he doing! I must follow.. Even now i nthe back of my mind it is happening... AND I KOW BETTER!

Imagine a novice? This is where they go wrong... If you are a genetic freak then you will be strong but this guy ahs had 7 months and no gains of anything so he needs to do basics..

A genetic freak wont come onto a board and question anything because they take a shit and get heavier!

Yeah sorry noobs, I agree with you on most shit, its the 3% minutiae *hugs*

The issue you raised is exactly what shits me about traditional bodybuilding. I just dont say powerlifting because i dont want the fail of having to argue with someone that their waist will get 'too bulky'.

You want someone to bench 40kg for reps and build muscle?

Do you not know that almost every successful body builder has had a power back ground...

I laugh at this when body builders are too wuss to do some hard work to make a goal..

I want to buy a gtr skyline but i dont want to save money for it... So ill go for a loan (steroids ) to get it. Not do hard work and have it for myself...

I dont know much about you but i am fairly certain arnold shwarzenegger and franco columbo have more bodybuilding/weighttrianing/powerlfiting experience then you do.

They built their bodies on a power routine then moed onto other things when they had their full license...

Why is the average joe somehow exempt to this simple rule?

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weights," - Ronnie Coleman

/END THREAD

That is the stupidist thing you ever have ever said.... So to be a body builder you have to be a powerlifter first lol...

Anyway, I said he should drop his weight down to get the form right and then start pushing heavier weights..

Every man, women and child must start with the basic exercises.
Three times a week;
Press
Squat
Bb row (pendlay)
Dip
Chin
Dead-lift
Nothing magical, I've been saying this for 10 years.
As I said it's not manly to say; "but it's hurts"
Posted via Mobile Device