• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Better Chest Exercise than BP?

Powerlifting can benefit from bodybiulding and bodybiulding can benefit from powerlifting.

Last edited:
That is the stupidist thing you ever have ever said.... So to be a body builder you have to be a powerlifter first lol...

Anyway, I said he should drop his weight down to get the form right and then start pushing heavier weights..

Ok im a ****ing idiot am i?

Sorry i thought you had to lift weight to initiate building muscle..

I said most of the best body builders came from a power background so maybe they know something aobut building muscle...

Maybe learn to read eh?

hes got the straw man out noobs.

Us in straw man form: All people whether they want to bodybuild, powerlift, learn to sail or paint warhammer must powerlift and a competitive level using very poor form, and nobody ever did a split and gained weight from it. In fact, they all died.

hes got the straw man out noobs.

Us in straw man form: All people whether they want to bodybuild, powerlift, learn to sail or paint warhammer must powerlift and a competitive level using very poor form, and nobody ever did a split and gained weight from it. In fact, they all died.

The guy is doing a split and he is weak! It obviously isnt working!!

I like to look at results..

Also lay off the caffeine i have no idea wtf you just said really..

fact: today is the second day I havent drank x3 mothers a day.

I shook a little yesterday but Im okay now.

Whats wrong with someone having at least 6months -12months of strength trianingbehind them before they move onto splits? I see alot of fullbody workout guys who are solid and strong, yet i dont seem to see many split people who are strong..

I have had a lot of problems in regards to trianing... The same people are still doing the same curls and tricep push downs and 20 bench variations at my gym... And when i joined i used the peckdeck FFS...

Yet somehow i have surpassedmost of them in strength and my body is on they way.. HArdly any of them have changed its the same people. A few have and they have hit the gear.. Thats pretty real world experience..

Im not saying you cant get strong of a split body but you wont get as strong and obviously it isnt wokring for this guy.

If you bench 300kg your chest will be fine...

Ok im a ****ing idiot am i?

Sorry i thought you had to lift weight to initiate building muscle..

I said most of the best body builders came from a power background so maybe they know something aobut building muscle...

Maybe learn to read eh?

Ok well, prove your not an idiot then... which ones used to be powerlifters from the Arnold clssic this year then?

1. Melvin Anthony
2. Tarek Elsetouhi
3. Toney Freeman
4. Kai Greene
5. Phil Heath
6. Dexter Jackson
7. Johnnie Jackson
8. Robert Piotrkowicz
9. Ronny Rockel
10. Sergey Shelestov
11. Branch Warren
12. Roelly Winklaar
13. Hidetada Yamagishi

Ok well, prove your not an idiot then... which ones used to be powerlifters from the Arnold clssic this year then?

1. Melvin Anthony
2. Tarek Elsetouhi
3. Toney Freeman
4. Kai Greene
5. Phil Heath
6. Dexter Jackson
7. Johnnie Jackson
8. Robert Piotrkowicz
9. Ronny Rockel
10. Sergey Shelestov
11. Branch Warren
12. Roelly Winklaar
13. Hidetada Yamagishi

Im not going to sit here and research people i dont know, im not your puppett.

I retract everything i said you dont need to be strong to be professional bodybuilder... Infact dont lift weights at all while your at it **** why waste time.. Im sure all those bodybuilders can bench more thne 70kg though...

Your going to compare professionaly geared people to some bloke in a garage?

lol seriously what a joke...

Im going to reccomend begginers do 5kg fly's and 2kg tricep pushdowns! Yep were on the way to victory here...

LOL im going to do something productive go play withyourself or contribute something useful to the forum dontbroadcast rubbish and put stupid ideas into begginers heads.

Last I checked Johnnie Jackson deadlifted some 700lb...

edit: just found branch warren repping squats with 500lb raw on youtube.

Kai Green benches 500.

Last edited:
Sergy :
The training itself rather simple and consists of only four exercises. But I am trying to raise maximum hard weights. especially in the last set.
The first exercise ,as a rule ,is squatting. But I am doing it parallel with a floor not beneath. I even can put a bench in accordance with the height and squat on it till complete buttock touching.

I begin with light weights for additional limbering up-10 times. Then
I add abut 50 -60 kilos and the set is like that 120 kg (260 lbs)-8-10 times; 170 KG (375 LBS)-5-6 times; 22O KG (485 LBS)-5 times; 270 KG (595 LBS)-4 times and 320 KG (700 LBS) -3-4 times.

The very last set as of about 370 KG (813 LBS) I am trying to squat 4-5 times as well. During last sets weight-lifting belt and knee bandages are mandatory. Next exercise is leg-press. I begin with 200 KG(440 LBS)-20 times, then 300 kg (660 lbs) - 8 times; 400 kg (880 lbs)- 6-8 times; 500 kg (1100 lbs)- 6 times and 600 kg (1320 lbs)-5-6 times.

this is 10.

They're all strong as f uck obviously... You do have to be to be a bodybuilder. If you watched the Kai Green DVD where he trained for hthe comp you would be surprised. I'm just saying you don't HAVE to be a powerlifter to be a succesful bodybuilder (like you said).

Of course craft is right there are some who dont - but using flex wheeler as an example for how an 18 year old wranga who cant even grow facial hair should train is an obvious recipe for disaster.

edit - craft, apart when you told us thats what we said where abouts did anyone say you have to do a powerlifting routine?

Noobs told you many bodybuilders come from a powerlifting background. I told you explicitly that you dont have to do a powerlifting routine to get huge. Neither of us even put forward a powerlifting routine, what is the point you're trying to make?

Of course craft is right there are some who dont - but using flex wheeler as an example for how an 18 year old wranga who cant even grow facial hair should train is an obvious recipe for disaster.

edit - craft, apart when you told us thats what we said where abouts did anyone say you have to do a powerlifting routine?

Noobs told you many bodybuilders come from a powerlifting background. I told you explicitly that you dont have to do a powerlifting routine to get huge. Neither of us even put forward a powerlifting routine, what is the point you're trying to make?

No you guys said that a split routeine doesn't work and that you have to do a strength/powerlifting orientated program... I just said that you don't have too.

Look I have trained for a few years using a split routine and got excellent results. If you have the correct form doing split/hypertrophy routine you will get strength gains regardless. I am thinking of doing a powerlifting routine soon though just to see how strong I can get for 6 months or so anyway...

Last edited:
I think I did say I think tweedle dum and tweedle dumber are saying is a begginner should not attempt a "split" until they have finished they're pyramid.

I just don't get how you can split your body parts- I mean if you tell me that it's an emphasis on a body part then I'm listening.

If you were on steroids and such I can see the value.
But all things being equal the intensity of work still should be the same.
Posted via Mobile Device

No you guys said that a split routeine doesn't work and that you have to do a strength/powerlifting orientated program... I just said that you don't have too.

Look I have trained for a few years using a split routine and got excellent results. If you have the correct form doing split/hypertrophy routine you will get strength gains regardless. I am thinking of doing a powerlifting routine soon though just to see how strong I can get for 6 months or so anyway...

Theres so much more to a routine than 'correct form'.

Most noobs do this - 4-5 days a week, 12 (at lowest) to 20 (being conservative) sets per bodypart, obviously most get nowhere.

Its the equivalent of running around naked on a 40 degree day once a week, spending the rest of it inside and expecting a good tan.

If it works for you then more power to you, just remember all the people it doesnt work for who will end up spending billions this year on celltech.

Its the equivalent of running around naked on a 40 degree day once a week, spending the rest of it inside and expecting a good tan.

me likesies your analogy oli, pretty funny and it makes a good point.

Seriously though is the argument still going? Let's all just leave it be.
Posted via Mobile Device

I just want to clarify i never said you have to be a competitive powerlfiter to be a body builder... I never said that once.

I said you need a base. A powerlifters program is very different to a beginners program and even a "weightlfiters program" ... Not many of us here a powerlifters, I for one am not. However the 3 lifts just happen to be a good indicaiton on your progress and also a good bloody workout.

I appolagise for getting hot headed.

I get fired up when people say you dont have to be strong to be a good bodybuilder.. Because all good bodybuilders have been strong...

Im on the same boat

Yeah im only a noob to this too. Ive been lifting without a program for 2 months, and been on a proper program for 3 or so months now.
My weekly chest is:
Chest press 4 sets of 5 (Power)
Incline bench press 3 sets of 10-12 (Muscle)
Decline bench press 3 sets pf 10-12 (Muscle)
Dumbell pec flys 1 set of 40 (Burn)

Without the set range and burn set i never felt like my chest was working. I always had to do a super set of bench press with push ups just so i could feel it in the chest.
Push ups are our friends, use them!!!