• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bench Press: Avoiding Shoulder Injuries

It's the exposure to estrogen in crossfit that drives your strenthg to hjgher levels.

Watching wimmen do snatches, etc. and overhead squats.

cb64f125-9d85-5030.jpg

Btw it irritates me when people get all high & mighty over this Olympic high bar squat vs what they assume powerlifters do: wide stance low bar squat to reduce ROM. Except for one young SHW who trains with Spritcha, every lifter at the PA gym I go to squats with a narrow stance and very deep, just like any Olympic lifters.

are you saying young shw doesn't squat narrow or doesn't squat deep or both?

To Andy.

Little Nicky simply wants to be strong, he has never competed in PL. He performed 20 rep squats, Farmers Walk, Sandbag work, Atlas Stone work, Fat bars, lots of cleans and overhead pressing. I look to eliminate weak links. He also performed MANY sets of keg presses.

Tim on the other hand is a PL, and a very, very good one. He is super strong on the PL because thats what he trains for.

There is no question he could become much stronger than Nicky, he weighs 30kg more for starters.

the emphasis is on could.

Just like Fat Dave could become leaner, Dim could become heavier, I could become more tolerant etc.

In fact, I base my entire business on clients wanting to become stronger.

Metabolic conditioning on a single lift doesnt play a major role I feel. It would on C&P bw for reps or Farmers walk, but the Stone and DB is a pure feat of strength.