• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bench Press: Avoiding Shoulder Injuries

Tim was at my Strongman comp, not a powerlifting comp, he chose not to compete, wise choice, he couldnt press the DB or pick up the rock

See my point about training for strength

Tim was the first to point out that he actually lacked functional strength. He was amazed that little Nicky picked up the 93kg Stone so easily. Matt perched it on his shoulder, I have pics floating around somewhere.

When we told him that Daryl had never touched the DB before, he was blown away. Big Nick has pressed that DB for 20 reps, Alen did 13 last night.

Are you guys even beginning to understand the difference?

Tim is a very, very strong powerlifter. He wouldve finished last at my Strongman comp.

His training is geared towards moving the most ammount of weight over the shortest distance.

My guys train to get stronger.

To prove a point, I reckon ProRaw will have a massive Strongman comp, we'll see how some strong guys go at that

Stop drooling on your keyboard Nick

Tim was at my Strongman comp, not a powerlifting comp, he chose not to compete, wise choice, he couldnt press the DB or pick up the rock

See my point about training for strength

Tim was the first to point out that he actually lacked functional strength. He was amazed that little Nicky picked up the 93kg Stone so easily. Matt perched it on his shoulder, I have pics floating around somewhere.

When we told him that Daryl had never touched the DB before, he was blown away. Big Nick has pressed that DB for 20 reps, Alen did 13 last night.

Are you guys even beginning to understand the difference?

Tim is a very, very strong powerlifter. He wouldve finished last at my Strongman comp.

His training is geared towards moving the most ammount of weight over the shortest distance.

My guys train to get stronger.

To prove a point, I reckon ProRaw will have a massive Strongman comp, we'll see how some strong guys go at that

Stop drooling on your keyboard Nick

Exactly right markos...

Powerlifitng = 1 hit wonder...

I can out bench out dead out squat mrs n00bs brothers all day everyday actually they dont even train.. (They are tilers)

But if it came down to a job site and who can move the most amount of tiles/tonnes of sand carry rocks do work ect i would be in a fucking crying heap wetting myself within the hour...

I can move more weight at a specific task, am i stronger? No...

There is more to strength then the 3 lifts...

Imagine a competition where it consisted of strong man oly lifts and power lifts... Winner gets best results over the 3 comps, That would be a test of strength.

Markos
Do you believe (and I do get confused because you use all these names) that "little Nicky" is this way because of his training or in spite of it?

Are you telling us that you can enhance tims " functional strength"?
And how would you?

I'm asking this for no other reason than I'm interested in your thoughts.

The term "functional strength" fuckin irritates me.

Somehow I think a tiny bit more training will get Tim to press that DB for reps and pick up that rock with ease, whereas a lot of time will need to be spent before little Nick and Daryl would even get anywhere close to Tim's powerlifts.

Imagine a competition where it consisted of strong man oly lifts and power lifts... Winner gets best results over the 3 comps, That would be a test of strength.

Sounds like CrossFit, but you guys make fun of them too.

Btw it irritates me when people get all high & mighty over this Olympic high bar squat vs what they assume powerlifters do: wide stance low bar squat to reduce ROM. Except for one young SHW who trains with Spritcha, every lifter at the PA gym I go to squats with a narrow stance and very deep, just like any Olympic lifters.

Xfit's a way to make money in the fitness game and xfit gyms are popping up allover
cb64f125-8363-b034.jpg

Btw it irritates me when people get all high & mighty over this Olympic high bar squat vs what they assume powerlifters do: wide stance low bar squat to reduce ROM. Except for one young SHW who trains with Spritcha, every lifter at the PA gym I go to squats with a narrow stance and very deep, just like any Olympic lifters.

Personally I think that is how you should train, then practice your technique and work on lifting for the comp lift closer to the comp. Make it harder in training and go for max numbers with best leverages in the comp.

Last edited:
Also people like looking like Brad Pitt from Fight Club and some have no interest in being strong.

how_much_does_brad_pitt_weigh_in_fightclub_shirtless_mwgmedia.jpg

Sorry he looks like a really fit girl to me lol...

I would rather look like Daniel Craig.

daniel-craig-shirtless-2.jpg

Oh i forgot...

hijack4.gif

Last edited:
Personally I think that is how you should train, then practice your technique and work on lifting for the comp lift closer to the comp. Make it harder in training and go for max numbers with best leverages in the comp.
yeah totally. i reckon you shouldn't even bother with the 3 power lifts as they are too easy. i reckon just do reverse band good mornings standing on foam instead of squats, chain suspended pushups with kettlebells on your back instead of bench and loads of orgy sex for deadlift and then just rock up on the day, get in your gear and blaze away!!

yeah totally. i reckon you shouldn't even bother with the 3 power lifts as they are too easy. i reckon just do reverse band good mornings standing on foam instead of squats, chain suspended pushups with kettlebells on your back instead of bench and loads of orgy sex for deadlift and then just rock up on the day, get in your gear and blaze away!!

Yeah what he said.