• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bench Press: Avoiding Shoulder Injuries

And seeing how this thread is about shoulder injuries, and Adams widening of his grip in latter years keeps coming up, please continue to read the rest of his posts, especially the one about about the health of his shoulders after he altered his grip.

No one appears to have made mention of that

If someone totals more than you in a powerlifting meet because he has better techniques, do people believe that you're still stronger? Do you go around telling people you're stronger? No, you lifted less than him, you're not as strong.

So who is stronger, Daryl because he pressed the DB or Tim because he couldnt?

Or is Tim stronger because he benches more than Daryl?

Maybe Daryl is stronger because his BP is a WR.

I havnt read all the posts...

I just wanted to add something..

Moving more weight does not = stronger.

If someone wide stance squats 200kg at a power lift meet with belt low bar just barley paralell.

And i ATG high bar raw 199kg with more speed and power.. Am i not stronger then the other lifter?

I know alot of people who are stronger then me yet i can 1rm lift more then they can. Strength is such a strange thing.

I recently altered my bench style, wide grip belly bench lots of arch dig toes in.... Can i lift more weight? Yes, am i stronger NO.

A r6 is faster then an r34 gtr but does the bike have more power then the car? NO...

Thank you Christian for your explanation.

Moving a weight through a full range of motion in good form is and always will be the best way to get stronger.

Shortening the range of motion of a particular movement is and always will be the best way to move more weight.

If someone totals more than you in a powerlifting meet because he has better techniques, do people believe that you're still stronger? Do you go around telling people you're stronger? No, you lifted less than him, you're not as strong.

So who is stronger, Daryl because he pressed the DB or Tim because he couldnt?

Or is Tim stronger because he benches more than Daryl?

Maybe Daryl is stronger because his BP is a WR.

If your total is more, you win the competition, which it is.
Life is not a competition.

The barbell is not an effective tool to measure strength.

The barbell is a miracle tool for building strength for anyone.

Until someone designs a tool to measure strength of a muscle accurately let's just perhaps term strength as; to-do?

I havnt read all the posts...

I just wanted to add something..

Moving more weight does not = stronger.

If someone wide stance squats 200kg at a power lift meet with belt low bar just barley paralell.

And i ATG high bar raw 199kg with more speed and power.. Am i not stronger then the other lifter?

I know alot of people who are stronger then me yet i can 1rm lift more then they can. Strength is such a strange thing.

I recently altered my bench style, wide grip belly bench lots of arch dig toes in.... Can i lift more weight? Yes, am i stronger NO.

A r6 is faster then an r34 gtr but does the bike have more power then the car? NO...

Pretty stupid question really of course the 2nd lifter is stronger - if he is moving 199kg with more speed and power than someone maxing out on 200kgs ...then yes the 2nd lifter is stronger because if bar speed is faster then of course his chances of lifting more than 200kgs is greater than someone maxing out on a lift 1kg heavier.

For me what has wide stance, high bar, no belt, belt, blah blah got to do with it? - its all about bar speed -

If A moves 200kgs in 10 secs and B moves 199kgs in 5 secs - then pretty simple to see whos stronger -if a 1kg increase would slow your bar speed down that much then you have probs - this is just an example lol

Pretty stupid question really of course the 2nd lifter is stronger - if he is moving 199kg with more speed and power than someone maxing out on 200kgs ...then yes the 2nd lifter is stronger because if bar speed is faster then of course his chances of lifting more than 200kgs is greater than someone maxing out on a lift 1kg heavier.

For me what has wide stance, high bar, no belt, belt, blah blah got to do with it? - its all about bar speed -

If A moves 200kgs in 10 secs and B moves 199kgs in 5 secs - then pretty simple to see whos stronger -if a 1kg increase would slow your bar speed down that much then you have probs - this is just an example lol

Because the deeper you go into the hole the harder it is to get out of it..

Mine was just an example as well.. Proving that the most weight lifted doesn't always mean the strongest competitor.

Not thinking clearly today Andy?

Tim weighs 100kg, totaled 800kg, finished 3rd in his class

Daryl weighs 67kg, totals 460kg, wins his class, sets 4 WR, is Tim really stronger because he lifted more weight?

Maybe you only skimmed my post

Not thinking clearly today Andy?

Tim weighs 100kg, totaled 800kg, finished 3rd in his class

Daryl weighs 67kg, totals 460kg, wins his class, sets 4 WR, is Tim really stronger because he lifted more weight?

Maybe you only skimmed my post

Tell me what you think I'm suggesting markos?

The discussion focused on who's stronger. I used an example from a Strongman comp, Daryl and Tim. Tim lifts nearly double, but is he stronger.

Your statement suggested that the guy that lifts most is strongest.

Is he?

FFS, if you guys arent going to read the original post, stop wasting ink typing an answer

Easy tiger.

I gave my interpretation of measuring strength.

The original post was about wanting to bench and bench for a long time, and some very good answers were given.

Tim is stronger. he lifted more weight.

Perhaps Adams injuries came from lifting so much weight. humans weren't meant to do this. its part of powerlifting.

Hang on, is Andy lifting or is it Tim and some other guy? And what time did the first train leave the station and which direction was it going and how fast? Forget it, my brain hurts. Less thinking, more lifting...

Cheers,
Mike

Tim is stronger. he lifted more weight.

Perhaps Adams injuries came from lifting so much weight. humans weren't meant to do this. its part of powerlifting.

Tim couldnt press the DB, Daryl did weighing 30kg less

Is Tim still stronger?