• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I'd like to post my thanks for this program. I was one for many years looked in glossy mags and did stuff and most definitely avoided these exercises. But now, older and wiser, I return to the gym and love doing this work out. I'll post a log for you all to critique and comment and to track my progress.

I'd like to post my thanks for this program. I was one for many years looked in glossy mags and did stuff and most definitely avoided these exercises. But now, older and wiser, I return to the gym and love doing this work out. I'll post a log for you all to critique and comment and to track my progress.

I havent read every single page on this thread, cause well its 45 pages.

Just curious, most people you see advocate 3x5 or 5x5 for beginners, why do you prefer the higher reps?

I noticed in one of the other threads I think it was PPP thread, you mentioned you had a beginners program that used 20rep squats Ive looked around on the forums for more info on it but I couldnt find any.

Thanks.

I havent read every single page on this thread, cause well its 45 pages.

Just curious, most people you see advocate 3x5 or 5x5 for beginners, why do you prefer the higher reps?

I noticed in one of the other threads I think it was PPP thread, you mentioned you had a beginners program that used 20rep squats Ive looked around on the forums for more info on it but I couldnt find any.

Thanks.

If you lack the patience to read a single thread of information thoroughly, you will lack the patience to put in the effort to progress in the gym.

Exact sets and reps are unimportant, Kal-El. What's important is progress - in every session, do more than you did before, more weight, or more reps, or more sets.

See also this post.
PTC said:
I get asked why some progress faster than others on identical programs.

aside from nutrition which aids recovery, its the mind that plays the biggest role, and by a large margin.

Check out the posts and posters on these last 2 pages.

Nothing but negative, worrying thoughts.

The footballers asked how the fuck James pulls 202.5kg. Here is my response.

James has never asked whether a particular rep range is better than another

James has never questioned exercise selection

James has never asked about whether wearing a belt for injury prevention is a good idea

James has never asked nor taken a supplement

James does what he is told 100% of the time

James is confident with handling weights younger men are scared of

James is not afraid to strain

James is very positive
Just lift, and progress the resistance. Everything else in the gym is much, much less important than progressing the resistance.

If you lack the patience to read a single thread of information thoroughly, you will lack the patience to put in the effort to progress in the gym.

Exact sets and reps are unimportant, Kal-El. What's important is progress - in every session, do more than you did before, more weight, or more reps, or more sets.

See also this post.
PTC said:
I get asked why some progress faster than others on identical programs.

aside from nutrition which aids recovery, its the mind that plays the biggest role, and by a large margin.

Check out the posts and posters on these last 2 pages.

Nothing but negative, worrying thoughts.

The footballers asked how the fuck James pulls 202.5kg. Here is my response.

James has never asked whether a particular rep range is better than another

James has never questioned exercise selection

James has never asked about whether wearing a belt for injury prevention is a good idea

James has never asked nor taken a supplement

James does what he is told 100% of the time

James is confident with handling weights younger men are scared of

James is not afraid to strain

James is very positive
Just lift, and progress the resistance. Everything else in the gym is much, much less important than progressing the resistance.

Really Ill lack the patience to put in effort in the gym? Wow thanks for telling me. Just so you know, Im aware of linear progression and adding weight to the bar, after all it is what I have been doing. Ive actually been put out due to broken bones twice this yr and each time Ive worked my way back up, I think that could be called patience?

You shouldnt assume that I know nothing and that Im lazy just because Im interested in what someone else has to say.

The fact is this thread is over 40 pages long, Ive read half of it and havent come across my answer yet, so I thought Id just ask.

I asked because Marko gets some pretty damn good results from his people and Im interested in what he has to say.

Really Ill lack the patience to put in effort in the gym? Wow thanks for telling me. Just so you know, Im aware of linear progression and adding weight to the bar, after all it is what I have been doing. Ive actually been put out due to broken bones twice this yr and each time Ive worked my way back up, I think that could be called patience?

You shouldnt assume that I know nothing and that Im lazy just because Im interested in what someone else has to say.

The fact is this thread is over 40 pages long, Ive read half of it and havent come across my answer yet, so I thought Id just ask.

I asked because Marko gets some pretty damn good results from his people and Im interested in what he has to say.

I wish I could stop breaking them. Id probably make some decent progress if I did.

But no Im pretty sure Vit D is all good.

I wish I could stop breaking them. Id probably make some decent progress if I did.

But no Im pretty sure Vit D is all good.

Squat - 102.5kg x 10
Bench - 62.5 x 6
DL - 120 x 6 (just switched to SLDL)

I feel like my squat will make the 140kg mark soon. What do i do once i reach this? My other lifts won't be up to the mark by then i doubt.

Squat - 102.5kg x 10
Bench - 62.5 x 6
DL - 120 x 6 (just switched to SLDL)

I feel like my squat will make the 140kg mark soon. What do i do once i reach this? My other lifts won't be up to the mark by then i doubt.