• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I dont have regular deadlifts in my beginners program because I feel SLDL are a better exercise for beginners.

Read my "Shorty" newsletter.

If someone wanted to perform regular deadlifts and asked me, I would ask how much they were deadlifting. If the answer was under 150kg, I would have them do SLDL.

If it was over, 3 x 3 or 5 x 3, but only once a week on a full body workout.

Only a fool would do 5 x 3 with 160kg in the deadlift 3 x week.

Hope this helps

Sorry to dig this one up but to clarify, if 1rm is above 150 then those options for dl would be ok. Not 3rm right?

I'm at 160 1rm and 150 arm.

I dont have regular deadlifts in my beginners program because I feel SLDL are a better exercise for beginners.

Read my "Shorty" newsletter.

If someone wanted to perform regular deadlifts and asked me, I would ask how much they were deadlifting. If the answer was under 150kg, I would have them do SLDL.

If it was over, 3 x 3 or 5 x 3, but only once a week on a full body workout.

Only a fool would do 5 x 3 with 160kg in the deadlift 3 x week.

Hope this helps

Sorry to dig this one up but to clarify, if 1rm is above 150 then those options for dl would be ok. Not 3rm right?

I'm at 160 1rm and 150 arm.

just a quick questions would this be suitable for girls to do to lose fat and tone up? mixed with some sprints and what not? or are they better off looking for another sort of training?

just a quick questions would this be suitable for girls to do to lose fat and tone up? mixed with some sprints and what not? or are they better off looking for another sort of training?

no, they must be doing very light weight 50 reps each.

But in all seriousness, yes the program is fine for a girl.

no, they must be doing very light weight 50 reps each.

But in all seriousness, yes the program is fine for a girl.

The girls that train at PTC train almost the same as the guys, so yes it is perfectly suitable.
Markos has said somewhere (think it was him) that girls work with higher reps so maybe do 10-12 instead of 8 but really, it's a much for muchness

The girls that train at PTC train almost the same as the guys, so yes it is perfectly suitable.
Markos has said somewhere (think it was him) that girls work with higher reps so maybe do 10-12 instead of 8 but really, it's a much for muchness

Squat 1rm is 130kg, 125kg 3rm. Did SLDL's yesterday and actually quite like them. Think I'll stick with them.

Squat 1rm is 130kg, 125kg 3rm. Did SLDL's yesterday and actually quite like them. Think I'll stick with them.

SLDL are pretty fun, and wow do they take it out of you (doing it slow on really light weights). I'd never done them before and boy does my left hamstring love it for a few days afterwards.

I think i got to look up some good stretches for my legs now.

SLDL are pretty fun, and wow do they take it out of you (doing it slow on really light weights). I'd never done them before and boy does my left hamstring love it for a few days afterwards.

I think i got to look up some good stretches for my legs now.

where do i throw in 1rm's in this routine? from what i understood all i had to do was

squat - 3x10
bench - 3x8
bb row - 3x8
military press - 3x8
sldl or deadlift - 3x8
bb curl - 3x8

3 times a week, mon,wed,fri. do it aslong as possible untill i reach my strength goals?

i have been adding weight each week. i have been doing it for around 4 weeks, there's been a few weekends where i got on the piss came back lost strength etc.
is this the program or am i missing something?

i have been doing it this way, i have got stronger & more flexible the past few weeks. i haven't been going up in weight as much as i should though, i probably add 2.5kg to each exercise except bb curl every week or second week. am i taking it too slow?

i started off light weight with each exercise, wanting to use perfect form and work my way up from there.

Squat - 3x10 - 50kg -> 60kg
Bench - 3x8 - 60kg -> 67.5kg
BB Row - 3x8 - 50kg -> 60kg
Military Press - 3x8 - 25kg -> 35kg
SLDL - 3x8 - 25kg -> 35kg (my legs are really weak, i have been doing this lightweight & slowly, has increased flexibility and helped with squats)
Deadlift - 3x8 - 65kg (this week i decided to change SLDL with deadlifts for a change)
BB Curl - 3x8 - 25kg -> 27.5kg

I hit the target reps for all three sets every time without needing a spot. Am i doing it too light?

where do i throw in 1rm's in this routine? from what i understood all i had to do was

squat - 3x10
bench - 3x8
bb row - 3x8
military press - 3x8
sldl or deadlift - 3x8
bb curl - 3x8

3 times a week, mon,wed,fri. do it aslong as possible untill i reach my strength goals?

i have been adding weight each week. i have been doing it for around 4 weeks, there's been a few weekends where i got on the piss came back lost strength etc.
is this the program or am i missing something?

i have been doing it this way, i have got stronger & more flexible the past few weeks. i haven't been going up in weight as much as i should though, i probably add 2.5kg to each exercise except bb curl every week or second week. am i taking it too slow?

i started off light weight with each exercise, wanting to use perfect form and work my way up from there.

Squat - 3x10 - 50kg -> 60kg
Bench - 3x8 - 60kg -> 67.5kg
BB Row - 3x8 - 50kg -> 60kg
Military Press - 3x8 - 25kg -> 35kg
SLDL - 3x8 - 25kg -> 35kg (my legs are really weak, i have been doing this lightweight & slowly, has increased flexibility and helped with squats)
Deadlift - 3x8 - 65kg (this week i decided to change SLDL with deadlifts for a change)
BB Curl - 3x8 - 25kg -> 27.5kg

I hit the target reps for all three sets every time without needing a spot. Am i doing it too light?

if you think it's too light add more weight the next workout. go slowly and when you fail to complete the reps keep at that weight until you get it. That's how I've been doing it anyway. Some lifts will keep going up while another stalls until you get where you should be.

if you think it's too light add more weight the next workout. go slowly and when you fail to complete the reps keep at that weight until you get it. That's how I've been doing it anyway. Some lifts will keep going up while another stalls until you get where you should be.