• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
im thinking of beginning this program for the near year.

you reckon i should start with PTC beginner program and move on from there?

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

maybe switch SLDL with regular DL.
chinups instead of bb curls

could i add some dips or pullups or would this be overkill?

I plan to lift like an Ox, eat like a horse, and sleep like a .... dammit forget the rest.

im thinking of beginning this program for the near year.

you reckon i should start with PTC beginner program and move on from there?

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

maybe switch SLDL with regular DL.
chinups instead of bb curls

could i add some dips or pullups or would this be overkill?

I plan to lift like an Ox, eat like a horse, and sleep like a .... dammit forget the rest.

Do the SLDL as intended instead of conventional deadlifts, it will help your squat go up and is not as hard on your lower back and hip joints if doing it 3 times a week. Just do SLDL and squats until you moving some decent numbers well over 100kg and your regular deadlift will be strong as a result of these lifts being strong.

I throw some dips in at the end after the bar bell curls once or twice a week, its not over training as long as you are getting enough sleep and food. Maybe in your case, do BB curls Monday, chins Wednesday and dips Friday if you want to keep it at 24 sets total volume?

In all honesty the program is fine as is, dont complicate it.

Do the SLDL as intended instead of conventional deadlifts, it will help your squat go up and is not as hard on your lower back and hip joints if doing it 3 times a week. Just do SLDL and squats until you moving some decent numbers well over 100kg and your regular deadlift will be strong as a result of these lifts being strong.

I throw some dips in at the end after the bar bell curls once or twice a week, its not over training as long as you are getting enough sleep and food. Maybe in your case, do BB curls Monday, chins Wednesday and dips Friday if you want to keep it at 24 sets total volume?

What i do is i dont curl - 3 times a week curling didn't work for me. I switched rows to chin ups (dont have to do this). I did it because my rows were quite strong already and found it to hard to increase. I find my biceps worked hard from chins. So i do core on monday instead of curls and also friday (for rugby - core is very important to me).
Then i do dips on wednesday.

What i do is i dont curl - 3 times a week curling didn't work for me. I switched rows to chin ups (dont have to do this). I did it because my rows were quite strong already and found it to hard to increase. I find my biceps worked hard from chins. So i do core on monday instead of curls and also friday (for rugby - core is very important to me).
Then i do dips on wednesday.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a light session tomorow. My gym is closed today (only found out just now) so i want to do a light session tomorow as i have been eating junk that day.

Thinking of doing db work?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a light session tomorow. My gym is closed today (only found out just now) so i want to do a light session tomorow as i have been eating junk that day.

Thinking of doing db work?

Its not actually my training day, my training day would be the day after the light session (which i won't do anymore).

Its not actually my training day, my training day would be the day after the light session (which i won't do anymore).

Ill keep it as is, and see how we go.

Ill keep it as is, and see how we go.

Thanks, this is just what i needed, simple routine that is easy to stick to.

Just out of interest how long does it usually take to complete?

and do people use different barebells for the different exercises, to make it easier, trying to get a home gym set up atm and just seeing what other people are doing.

Thanks

Thanks, this is just what i needed, simple routine that is easy to stick to.

Just out of interest how long does it usually take to complete?

and do people use different barebells for the different exercises, to make it easier, trying to get a home gym set up atm and just seeing what other people are doing.

Thanks

How many barbells do you want lol?

I've never done the program but I'd guess roughly an hour depending on how quickly you push through the sets
On a good night I reckon I'd go close to pushing it out in 30/35mins, with a bad night taking close to 80

How many barbells do you want lol?

I've never done the program but I'd guess roughly an hour depending on how quickly you push through the sets
On a good night I reckon I'd go close to pushing it out in 30/35mins, with a bad night taking close to 80