• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Takes me around an hour to complete this program, thats with around a minute or so rest in between sets, changing weight around etc. You really only need the one bar bell for all of it like oliver mentioned a few posts back, use the one bar for the lot makes it simple. If you feel more comfortable the only thing i wouldnt use an olympic bar for is the BB curls, use either a W bar or an Oly bar your choice.

Takes me around an hour to complete this program, thats with around a minute or so rest in between sets, changing weight around etc. You really only need the one bar bell for all of it like oliver mentioned a few posts back, use the one bar for the lot makes it simple. If you feel more comfortable the only thing i wouldnt use an olympic bar for is the BB curls, use either a W bar or an Oly bar your choice.

Takes me about 1 hour and a half to complete program. Would be around 1 hour 20 mins but i add an exercise.

Takes me about 1 hour and a half to complete program. Would be around 1 hour 20 mins but i add an exercise.

pretty much dead on an hour for me. 30mins would be cranking!

I'd have to be on a sugar high from my pre-workout packet of nerds + cordial AND I probably would have to sacrifice a couple of kg on the lifts to keep my rests shorter than normal (they're normally 45s or so unless I'm working to a max)

pretty much dead on an hour for me. 30mins would be cranking!

I'd have to be on a sugar high from my pre-workout packet of nerds + cordial AND I probably would have to sacrifice a couple of kg on the lifts to keep my rests shorter than normal (they're normally 45s or so unless I'm working to a max)

Thought I'd post this in here as my newb mate is just starting on this program. He has something wrong with his hips that they didn't develop property or something when he was a kid and as such has ridiculously bad flexibility. I am talking about minimum squat depth is probably 45deg above parallel. He is also having issues with deadlift, getting the hips down low enough to keep the lower back straight. I have told him to do a variety of hip flexor stretches which I believe he has been doing for a little while now but if this doesn't increase the range of motion, are there any alternatives? Only difference is he is doing regular deadlifts as I don't feel that confident giving him advice on SLDL's (as I've never really done them).

Thanks
Chris

Thought I'd post this in here as my newb mate is just starting on this program. He has something wrong with his hips that they didn't develop property or something when he was a kid and as such has ridiculously bad flexibility. I am talking about minimum squat depth is probably 45deg above parallel. He is also having issues with deadlift, getting the hips down low enough to keep the lower back straight. I have told him to do a variety of hip flexor stretches which I believe he has been doing for a little while now but if this doesn't increase the range of motion, are there any alternatives? Only difference is he is doing regular deadlifts as I don't feel that confident giving him advice on SLDL's (as I've never really done them).

Thanks
Chris

Get him working on ankle mobility as well
Are you sure he doesn't just have really weak hammies and glutes? If he can't bend at the hip properly itd mean he can't sit down properly (unless I've misinterpreted what you wrote)
Could try him on front squats or lunges as the body stays more upright in those 2 movements. And maybe deadlift from the pins or with the bar raised slightly until he gets greater ROM. Sldl aren't hard to teach - just YouTube it! Fado provided a video somewhere in one of his threads

Get him working on ankle mobility as well
Are you sure he doesn't just have really weak hammies and glutes? If he can't bend at the hip properly itd mean he can't sit down properly (unless I've misinterpreted what you wrote)
Could try him on front squats or lunges as the body stays more upright in those 2 movements. And maybe deadlift from the pins or with the bar raised slightly until he gets greater ROM. Sldl aren't hard to teach - just YouTube it! Fado provided a video somewhere in one of his threads

Thanks mate, will let do the ankle mobility.

I don't think it is muscle strength as we are working with REALLY light weights to start with.

I think front squats might be the go as I reckon he is too unco for lunges :p

Actually, I suppose SLDL's would be better for him with hip issues. I had hip doing KB DL's instead and he could do these ok. The handle would have been higher than the barbell he was trying to use before.

Thanks mate, will let do the ankle mobility.

I don't think it is muscle strength as we are working with REALLY light weights to start with.

I think front squats might be the go as I reckon he is too unco for lunges :p

Actually, I suppose SLDL's would be better for him with hip issues. I had hip doing KB DL's instead and he could do these ok. The handle would have been higher than the barbell he was trying to use before.

You don't touch the bar on the ground doing SLDL
You have to remember that some people struggle to squat properly with just BW so there is a remote chance he doesn't know how to active his posterior chain doing the movement. Kinda hard to tell over the net though lol
Instead of walking lunges (I'm guessing that's what he's too unco for lol) try static lunges or my favorite - Bulgarian split squats with the front foot on something the same height as a reebok stepper and the back leg on a bench. Good exercise if he has tight hip flexors as the non-working leg gets a stretch there

You don't touch the bar on the ground doing SLDL
You have to remember that some people struggle to squat properly with just BW so there is a remote chance he doesn't know how to active his posterior chain doing the movement. Kinda hard to tell over the net though lol
Instead of walking lunges (I'm guessing that's what he's too unco for lol) try static lunges or my favorite - Bulgarian split squats with the front foot on something the same height as a reebok stepper and the back leg on a bench. Good exercise if he has tight hip flexors as the non-working leg gets a stretch there

My lifts have all stalled hard, probably due to lack of eating. Anyways i'm gonna get back on this markos skinny guy routine, swapping the curls out for chin-up's. Hopefully this will get the number moving again.

My lifts have all stalled hard, probably due to lack of eating. Anyways i'm gonna get back on this markos skinny guy routine, swapping the curls out for chin-up's. Hopefully this will get the number moving again.