• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
A new thread (containing all the off-topic discussion) has been started. This thread is for discussing the beginners program only!

A new thread (containing all the off-topic discussion) has been started. This thread is for discussing the beginners program only!

Slowly recovering from a back injury and him a bit behind, can I do the full week? 5 days one after the other?

Slowly recovering from a back injury and him a bit behind, can I do the full week? 5 days one after the other?

Yeah, is there a problem in working out two days one after the other.

Yeah, is there a problem in working out two days one after the other.

Well I always tell people to match their training with their eating.

For some, that means one set of tricep kick backs.

For me to tell you how often to train, I would need to know what you eat every day, and how hard you push in the gym. Most have a careless disregard for recovery. Foolish.

Like I've stated in my newsletters, the reason I use Max as an example is, he's the only lifter I have control over his lifting/eating/recovery.

I could simply say lift twice a day like Max without any consideration to your diet. Or I could say only train twice a week, and realise you put zero effort into your lifting.

I generally play it safe and tell people to train every other day if I dont have all the information.

Sorry I couldnt be more helpful, but most internet experts never consider the 165 hours a lifter spends out of the gym per week and give out info regardless.

If you give me more info I will try and be more precise with my info.

Well I always tell people to match their training with their eating.

For some, that means one set of tricep kick backs.

For me to tell you how often to train, I would need to know what you eat every day, and how hard you push in the gym. Most have a careless disregard for recovery. Foolish.

Like I've stated in my newsletters, the reason I use Max as an example is, he's the only lifter I have control over his lifting/eating/recovery.

I could simply say lift twice a day like Max without any consideration to your diet. Or I could say only train twice a week, and realise you put zero effort into your lifting.

I generally play it safe and tell people to train every other day if I dont have all the information.

Sorry I couldnt be more helpful, but most internet experts never consider the 165 hours a lifter spends out of the gym per week and give out info regardless.

If you give me more info I will try and be more precise with my info.

What Markos is trying to say is that if you want to train hard, you have to eat and sleep hard, too. As I like to put it, lift like an ox, eat like a horse, sleep like a log.

Your development is a tripod, you know like you use for a camera. It has three legs, Exercise, Diet and Rest.

Each leg has to be kept the same length or else the tripod is unstable and maybe falls over. If your exercise is crap then your diet and sleep can be crap and it won't be a problem. If your exercise is good, your diet and sleep have to be good.

For example, Kyle goes to the gym and does 3 sets each of dumbell curls, alternating dumbell curls, concentration curls, and preacher curls, and after that he does 100 situps. Because that is a bullsht weak workout, he can go and eat Macca's, stay up till 2am drinking, sleep till 7am and get to work, and do it all again tomorrow, no worries. The exercise did not take much out of him, so he didn't have to put in much fuel or spend much time recovering.

But then Kyle gets a trainer who shakes his head sadly at his training and puts him through a proper workout. Kyle squats, deadlifts, and does an overhead press.

For the squats he only uses half his bodyweight on the bar but he does 20 reps, deep, rest just a minute or so then does another 20.

For the deadlifts he uses his bodyweight on the bar, but the trainer makes sure he's careful to use perfect form - which is hard to maintain, because Kyle plays too many computer games and sits on his bum too much, so his glutes are weak and flaccid, so those deadlifts are hard to do with good form, that's why he wants to round his back, that brings his quads in - sticking his bum out is really tiring. So a few sets of 5 reps of those deadlifts really makes him sweat.

After that the overhead press only uses half his bodyweight, but he struggles to get it up for 4-8 reps without wobbling all over the place.

After all that, frankly Kyle is totally shagged. Is he going to be able to do the same again tomorrow? Well... if he has just Macca's for dinner, drinks himself into a stupor and has just five hours' sleep, what do you think?

Of course bloody not.

But if he eats plenty of fresh fruit and vegies, nuts and beans, has some meat, fish or dairy, and fuels himself with starchy stuff, and then after all that has 8-10 hours' sleep... well, maybe he can do it again tomorrow - he can certainly do it after 48 hours.

The harder you train, the better your food and rest have to be.

lift like an ox
eat like a horse
sleep like a log

What Markos is trying to say is that if you want to train hard, you have to eat and sleep hard, too. As I like to put it, lift like an ox, eat like a horse, sleep like a log.

Your development is a tripod, you know like you use for a camera. It has three legs, Exercise, Diet and Rest.

Each leg has to be kept the same length or else the tripod is unstable and maybe falls over. If your exercise is crap then your diet and sleep can be crap and it won't be a problem. If your exercise is good, your diet and sleep have to be good.

For example, Kyle goes to the gym and does 3 sets each of dumbell curls, alternating dumbell curls, concentration curls, and preacher curls, and after that he does 100 situps. Because that is a bullsht weak workout, he can go and eat Macca's, stay up till 2am drinking, sleep till 7am and get to work, and do it all again tomorrow, no worries. The exercise did not take much out of him, so he didn't have to put in much fuel or spend much time recovering.

But then Kyle gets a trainer who shakes his head sadly at his training and puts him through a proper workout. Kyle squats, deadlifts, and does an overhead press.

For the squats he only uses half his bodyweight on the bar but he does 20 reps, deep, rest just a minute or so then does another 20.

For the deadlifts he uses his bodyweight on the bar, but the trainer makes sure he's careful to use perfect form - which is hard to maintain, because Kyle plays too many computer games and sits on his bum too much, so his glutes are weak and flaccid, so those deadlifts are hard to do with good form, that's why he wants to round his back, that brings his quads in - sticking his bum out is really tiring. So a few sets of 5 reps of those deadlifts really makes him sweat.

After that the overhead press only uses half his bodyweight, but he struggles to get it up for 4-8 reps without wobbling all over the place.

After all that, frankly Kyle is totally shagged. Is he going to be able to do the same again tomorrow? Well... if he has just Macca's for dinner, drinks himself into a stupor and has just five hours' sleep, what do you think?

Of course bloody not.

But if he eats plenty of fresh fruit and vegies, nuts and beans, has some meat, fish or dairy, and fuels himself with starchy stuff, and then after all that has 8-10 hours' sleep... well, maybe he can do it again tomorrow - he can certainly do it after 48 hours.

The harder you train, the better your food and rest have to be.

lift like an ox
eat like a horse
sleep like a log

Ah, sleep, the one area I often neglect. I've noticed since very recently moving to largely compund exercises that the additional stress on my body has left me absolutely knackered in the evening following the session. I quite like it! (although the wife is non too chuffed with my lack of energy of an evening!!!).

Ah, sleep, the one area I often neglect. I've noticed since very recently moving to largely compund exercises that the additional stress on my body has left me absolutely knackered in the evening following the session. I quite like it! (although the wife is non too chuffed with my lack of energy of an evening!!!).