• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Beginners; Look Here!

This beginner program works wonders. Too often do I see 17 year olds doing bench and curls every day!

Im enjoying it, Every second day For the last 3 weeks,Though i do need to work on my Form. I am getting stonger already.

Yep, I've heard good things about that book. From what I understand it covers many of the principles of his Beyond Brawn book as well as the Insiders Tell All Weight Training Technique (which is the instructional book McRobert did). I have both of those books at home and refer to them often. I take the technique one into the garage with me for every workout.

I believe this book lays out a detailed training program to follow, which the Beyond Brawn book doesn't, so yes it would be a valuable addition I agree.

just curious on how much weight i should be adding each week, Is there a set ammount ot aim for how how ever much i can do?

my lifts staty the same begginers program routine, i remeber reading 2.5% per week

Or just a 5kg mabey,

Everyone woul dbe diffrent so i dont see there being a set ammount.

i want to stick to this program untill i get to about 150kg squat, 100kg bench, mabey 200kg deads, Whats good to aim for before moving on to other movments. I have no problem staying with the begginer program tho i dont see this being to possible??

I've stayed on the same basic program for the last 20 or so years, served me very well.

Progression?
I cant answer for you, but for upper body 5kg, some lower body exercises 10kg

If I do increase the kg's as a result of reaching me target set number I'm prepared to drop three or rep's and build from there, workout to workout.

just curious on how much weight i should be adding each week, Is there a set ammount ot aim for how how ever much i can do?

People will say add 2.5kg everyweek etc etc but do what you're capable of doing comfortably with good form, if you can add 5kg or even more this week then great if not do 2 or 3kg,whatever works best, don't hold yourself back by always adding only 2kg or whatever.

... Might stay like this for 1 more week.
Or 1 more month. 10kg/month = 120kg/year! Nothing to sneeze at that's for sure. Don't get hooked on the numbers, as there are other ways to gradually progress overload. Reducing the time (say) by 5 seconds is another way of overloading. Increasing by one more rep per set is yet another...etc etc.

Fadi.

Or 1 more month. 10kg/month = 120kg/year! Nothing to sneeze at that's for sure. Don't get hooked on the numbers, as there are other ways to gradually progress overload. Reducing the time (say) by 5 seconds is another way of overloading. Increasing by one more rep per set is yet another...etc etc.

Fadi.

hmm TBH i never really time between sets, i think usually 2 min, if im really keen then 1 min and im back into it

upping the reps sounds good, ive only been doing 3x8 squats and 3x8 for the rest casue thats what the beginners program says.

hmm TBH i never really time between sets, i think usually 2 min, if im really keen then 1 min and im back into it

upping the reps sounds good, ive only been doing 3x8 squats and 3x8 for the rest casue thats what the beginners program says.
Granted. However you'd find that the thrust of my point was the fact that there is more than one way to overload a muscle fibre. That's all really.

However getting back to your main point, I'd still say that it would be mighty impressive if you could maintain a 10kg/month increase on your squatting poundages. In any case, well done for having a level head and for doing what is necessary to get the job done.

Fadi.

How are we all?

Ok, I'm new and keen to learn. I have decided to start training with Fadi space weight training program. Squats, WG pullups, CG pullups, Romanian lifts, standing military press and dips. Few questions I would like to ask.

I want to train five days a week tues,weds,thurs,sat,Sun.Can I do this program 5 days week or break it up?

The rep range is from 4-7 it feels not enough, should I do more?

I have been warming up last week and this week, and would like to hit the gym hard starting next week. My stamina is very low by the end of the set, how can I improve this?

Any recommendations will gladly be appreciated, thanks :)

The rep range is from 4-7 it feels not enough, should I do more?

Add weight until it feels like the rep range is enough.....I would stick to 3 times a week, but if you are lifting piss week light weights (sounds like you are) than I can't see it hurting you doing it more (don't know why you would though).
Just my opinion.....you can do whatever the FUCK you wanna do :D (love that)

Good luck
G

ive been off for a couple months and lost a shit load on ym lifts :(

Back into it now, but doing 3x10 on all lifts now.

Squat, Bench, MP, Curl.

Dead lifts on the off days, Doing squats and Deads same day just kills me.

I love this begniner program, No bullshit, Can get it done in under 35min and doing it every second day i build strenght like a mac truck

I've been off for a couple of months as well and just finished my first workout. Had a massive headache develop halfway through, followed by a bit of nausea. Is that normal for someone getting back into weight training? I don't think I have lost any fitness cause I still go running, but definitely lost some muscle mass. At 65% of what I used to train with, it still took a fair bit out of me.

My program is

Squat
Press
Deadlift
Bench

All 3 x 10

Chins
3 x Fail

Done ever second day.

Similar to what you were advising. I have been adding plenty of weight each session. Finally it is starting to catch up to me. Just trying to build the weight up as much as possible before going away fro 3 weeks with no gym.

Next year I will be continuing the program. Obviously adding less weight each week.But I would like to continue traing every second day. Would you recomend this Fadi? Should I train less or more?

My goals are to be strong, but more to look strong. My diet is decent. I'm 180cm and 90kg at 33 years old. Really wanting the fitness model look. How long will this take and is it achievable? Should I look at more traditional bodybuilder programs?

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

My program is

Squat
Press
Deadlift
Bench

All 3 x 10

Chins
3 x Fail

Done ever second day.

Similar to what you were advising. I have been adding plenty of weight each session. Finally it is starting to catch up to me. Just trying to build the weight up as much as possible before going away fro 3 weeks with no gym.

Next year I will be continuing the program. Obviously adding less weight each week.But I would like to continue traing every second day. Would you recomend this Fadi? Should I train less or more?

My goals are to be strong, but more to look strong. My diet is decent. I'm 180cm and 90kg at 33 years old. Really wanting the fitness model look. How long will this take and is it achievable? Should I look at more traditional bodybuilder programs?

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

Ok, just a few points are in order here Mick. Please keep in mind that progress comes in many different shapes and sizes ok. For example, it's a lot easier to add more weight on a compound movement such as the squat, than it is to add weight to an isolation exercise. In this instance, progress can come in a way of an increased rep, or an increase in sets, or a decrease in time taken between a set, a set that constitutes the same number of sets and reps, but a change (in a way of a decrease) in rest time taken between those chosen sets and reps.

Compounds movements such as the ones you've chosen above, would work well with the aim to decreasing the time taken between a set, rather than continuously aiming on increasing the weight, with possibility of losing form and shifting the ratios between progresses and risking an injury.

From my observation in looking at elite athletes who look like fitness models, I would focus my attention on two elements above all other elements of training, namely the time factor as well as the frequency factor.

To look razor sharp, with very tight looking muscles jumping out of your clothes, I would recommend less rest between sets, and higher frequency to your training,...meaning twice a day if able to do so. And no, the training sessions do not have to be similar, and that's because our focus now has shifted from being strong, to one who looks strong and more like a fitness model than an overly muscled bodybuilder. Okay great, so what does that call for in plain and simple English then? Well in two words: Faster Metabolism!

We'll continue with specifics later ok.

Take care Mick.

PS: Mick, please note that gradual progressive overload does not have to occur each workout, or on every week ok. A 5kg increase in squats a month equates to a 60kg by year's end. Or looking at it another way, it calls for a measly 1.25kg a week increase in your squatting weight. Funny when first looked at, but not so funny when you add the numbers by year's end. As I've said once before on this forum, that it takes a man to hold back from actually increasing the weight too rapidly/too constantly. Easy does it, and always give your joints their due respect.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Ok, just a few points are in order here Mick. Please keep in mind that progress comes in many different shapes and sizes ok. For example, it's a lot easier to add more weight on a compound movement such as the squat, than it is to add weight to an isolation exercise. In this instance, progress can come in a way of an increased rep, or an increase in sets, or a decrease in time taken between a set, a set that constitutes the same number of sets and reps, but a change (in a way of a decrease) in rest time taken between those chosen sets and reps.

Compounds movements such as the ones you've chosen above, would work well with the aim to decreasing the time taken between a set, rather than continuously aiming on increasing the weight, with possibility of losing form and shifting the ratios between progresses and risking an injury.

From my observation in looking at elite athletes who look like fitness models, I would focus my attention on two elements above all other elements of training, namely the time factor as well as the frequency factor.

To look razor sharp, with very tight looking muscles jumping out of your clothes, I would recommend less rest between sets, and higher frequency to your training,...meaning twice a day if able to do so. And no, the training sessions do not have to be similar, and that's because our focus now has shifted from being strong, to one who looks strong and more like a fitness model than an overly muscled bodybuilder. Okay great, so what does that call for in plain and simple English then? Well in two words: Faster Metabolism!

We'll continue with specifics later ok.

Take care Mick.

PS: Mick, please note that gradual progressive overload does not have to occur each workout, or on every week ok. A 5kg increase in squats a month equates to a 60kg by year's end. Or looking at it another way, it calls for a measly 1.25kg a week increase in your squatting weight. Funny when first looked at, but not so funny when you add the numbers by year's end. As I've said once before on this forum, that it takes a man to hold back from actually increasing the weight too rapidly/too constantly. Easy does it, and always give your joints their due respect.

Fadi.

I will certainly ensure I don't push the weight up to quick. I have been doing this because I am leaving for New York for a month and was pushing myself for little reason.

Training more then once a day is possible. Should I split my program or simply do burpees, hill sprints, hiit etc?

I am sticking with the basics to build a strong foundation to ensure I don't injre myself. When done what split would you recomend for next year? Or just stick to the basics and add in other things then weights.

Thanks as usual for being a great help.

My friend and I started your program Fadi. Looking forward to it. All I have to do is learn proper deadlift form and I'll be set!

My friend and I started your program Fadi. Looking forward to it. All I have to do is learn proper deadlift form and I'll be set!

Post up your videos if you need help, a lot of other members can help correct form.
Cheers