• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah I'm a seasoned chilli eater and trust me... that bhut jolokia is definitely hit. Mouth felt like it was on fire.

By the way... it actually wasn't that hot at all. Just read micks ebay ad and it says it's supposed to be the hottest chilli in the world?...

Given that I think it was about as hot as my grandmother, would I be right in assuming I got the wrong order?

The bag had 'hot chilli' written on it, but maybe he packed it wrong.

Anyway, it was bloody delicious.

Mate, you've ordered the wrong one.....you need the Bhut Jolokia.
It is the Hottest Shit on this earth.....Gauranteed Deadly.

By the way... it actually wasn't that hot at all. Just read micks ebay ad and it says it's supposed to be the hottest chilli in the world?...

Given that I think it was about as hot as my grandmother, would I be right in assuming I got the wrong order?

The bag had 'hot chilli' written on it, but maybe he packed it wrong.

Anyway, it was bloody delicious.

Did you onder hot chilli or the Bhut Jolokia one???

Took about 4 days from ordering to receiving the order, country QLD to country NSW. I'm waiting for a reply for my 2kg request too. Must be a farmer or something and not on his computer that often. I wonder if this bloke realises his hobby might cause too much work for him.. :)

I got my package of this shit yesterday and thats what it is.....Shit. It's cheap cause its so wet. I would rather Micks Jerky anyday. This guys is so wet, thats why he can sell it at that price and there is heaps of fat on it. I wont be going ther again.

I was lucky though...at least I got mine. Another mate ordered $150 worth and done a bank transfer. Old mate said he recieved it, waited 3 weeks and never got the parcel so he contacted him and old mate denies ever getting the money. $150 down the drain. I'd be very careful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my package of this shit yesterday and thats what it is.....Shit. It's cheap cause its so wet. I would rather Micks Jerky anyday. This guys is so wet, thats why he can sell it at that price and there is heaps of fat on it. I wont be going ther again.

I was lucky though...at least I got mine. Another mate ordered $150 worth and done a bank transfer. Old mate said he recieved it, waited 3 weeks and never got the parcel so he contacted him and old mate denies ever getting the money. $150 down the drain. I'd be very careful.

this is a VERY suspicious post. just looked at your posts, every single one of them is in this thread, except one where you promote micks jerky in another thread.

i suspect you have a vested interest, or work for mick. and i believe that this post is total crap. i have ordered numerous times from this guy, he is very reliable (talk to him over the phone most times) and seems to be a nice guy.

furthermore, you can order the biltong as dry as you like or with as little fat as you like. the biltong i ordered was very dry, and with no fat at all.

for half the price, even if it isn't QUITE as dry as micks, it is still much better value.

I re-ordered 3kg from Mick last week, reminded from this thread being bumped.
Got half hot Chilli and 1/2 of the even hotter stuff, which I haven't tried before.

Micks Jerky is very dry, which is good.
Definitely very low moisture content which means you are getting a high concentration of protein there based on dead weight.

Hot my 3kg today.
3 x 500g Hot Chilli
3 x 500g Bhut Jolokia

Went straight for the Bhut Jolokia as I've had the Hot Chilli many times before and it's not too hot.
Put about 3 pieces in my mouth and chewed it up (get a sore jaw chewing this stuff).
Was ok, not excessively hot to be uncomfortable.
2 other guys I gave it to said it was hot, so maybe I'm ok with chilli.
As I went through about 10 pieces, I did get one bit that had a bit of kick, but it was still comfortably edible.
Wouldn't want to go much hotter than this anyway.

My 2 year old daughter wanted to try some so I gave here a tiny piece.
She liked it and kept asking for more, so she ended up eating a whole piece.
Suprising, as many adults find this quite hot.
It's funny because I've given her Chilli flavour Kettle Chips before which can be quite spicy, and she likes them.

this is a VERY suspicious post. just looked at your posts, every single one of them is in this thread, except one where you promote micks jerky in another thread.

i suspect you have a vested interest, or work for mick. and i believe that this post is total crap. i have ordered numerous times from this guy, he is very reliable (talk to him over the phone most times) and seems to be a nice guy.

furthermore, you can order the biltong as dry as you like or with as little fat as you like. the biltong i ordered was very dry, and with no fat at all.

for half the price, even if it isn't QUITE as dry as micks, it is still much better value.

Pistachio, I have no connections with Micks jerky whatsoever. I only stumbled across this website when I googled micks jerky to get there phone number. I have nothing to gain from posting my messages on here and if Mick does.......well good luck to him. I am just giving these guys my opinion on my dealings with this other guy. I just found that his Biltong was not my cup of tea but my mate actually liked it and thats why he ordered from him only to lose his money and get nothing. Like I said mate.....just my opinion. I thought thats what forums were all about.

Pistachio, I have no connections with Micks jerky whatsoever. I only stumbled across this website when I googled micks jerky to get there phone number. I have nothing to gain from posting my messages on here and if Mick does.......well good luck to him. I am just giving these guys my opinion on my dealings with this other guy. I just found that his Biltong was not my cup of tea but my mate actually liked it and thats why he ordered from him only to lose his money and get nothing. Like I said mate.....just my opinion. I thought thats what forums were all about.

Now that I think about it.....Maybe you have an interest in this other guys business!!!

I've ordered
100g of the bhut
100g of mild
100g of smoke BBQ

I have been tossing and turning for about a month and decided to take the plunge! I'm excited

Im on my second batch and its awesome stuff, everyone that has tried it is getting their order in on the next batch I purchase

My fav flavours are hot/mild chilli, pepper, and bhut - this has some serious kick! I thought I was used to chilli but this put me to the sword, loved every minute!

This is what I sound like after a few pieces of bhut jolokia

[YOUTUBE]JcjoGn6FLwI[/YOUTUBE]

lol!!! I'm relatively controllable around my jerky. I save it for when I want a protein snack for the road.

Got some and ate the 500g bag in a day. Haven't got anymore because I can't control myself.

I can't buy jerky because I do the same. I bought a kilo around a year ago and ate it over a weekend. Massive stomach upset, lots of wind lol.
Starting buying it recently but done the same thing. No self control with jerky.

Now that I think about it.....Maybe you have an interest in this other guys business!!!

i note with interest that this guy never returned.....

Taste good but cost too much :(
Prefer to go get fresh steak!
Love the stuff but always thought the same thing, too expensive, today at work a guy brought in about 1kg of jerky and put it on a table and said go for it, so I asked him where he gets it from, and he said he made it himself.

Now this stuff tasted amazing, better than any of the ones I have had before.:eek:

Further questioning and I got all the info on how to make it, he uses a Sunbeam food dehydrator, he payed around $110 for. Went to my local Bing Lee, on the way home from work and they had them on special for $85, down from $109.

So now I am going to start making my own, will give some feed back next week after I have made a few batches.

Here it is:):
IMG_1102.jpg

Well he marinaded the ones we had today in Soy Sauce, chili and garlic, bloody beautiful but its a matter of trail and error I guess till you get the flavor you like.

I will try a few things and go from there.

A mate made some really good jerky using thick rump steak but it took forever, terderise it nice thin first and it wont take as long

He marinated in chopped chilli, garlic worcestershire sauce and a couple other things