• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
3cd893550a253f8537fd8abbf8df98e4.jpg

Run swim run sesh this morning. Finally the water was calm! Saw a heap of fish but that session really wears me out. 10 laps (60m swim and 500m run x 10) and I'm out of my head. Fell asleep on couch about midday with the eldest watching Princess Bride.
Good day with family otherwise. Lots of pancakes shared and home made pizzas tonight.

e09e3d1c0c2f10aba28fb1ef0d9954f4.jpg

eee4d4f499217473e65d8c85c51cddab.jpg

I had a very scary close call last night.
The rope broke when I was climbing. Is already done two full climbs and on the 3rd I was about 2m up when the next thing I'm on the ground wrapped in the rope. I'm so lucky it didn't break while I was higher. As it is, I'm very sore today, landed right on my left bum cheek. Thank fark my bAck is ok, the mrs ran out when she heard the bang and so did our neighbours. I was winded pretty badly but no other injuries thank god. Scary shit.

Fark very close call indeed, glad you're ok, maybe its worth keeping the rope inside when not in use to keep it outta the weather as much of a pain in the arse it'd be to put up an pull down each time

Fark very close call indeed, glad you're ok, maybe its worth keeping the rope inside when not in use to keep it outta the weather as much of a pain in the arse it'd be to put up an pull down each time

Thanks.
Well the rope is fucked now, so won't be putting it up. It's a hassle to take up and down as I need a 12ft ladder which is usually at work. No more rope climbing for me.

I looks like it's just come out of the joiner, how old is the bloody thing, that should not have happened.

17 months old.
Def shouldn't have happened. I've rung and emailed the place where I bought it. Haven't heard back yet.
Bum feels like I've been kicked by a donkey and ribs sore too, that's why I was winded!! Fark I just can't stop thinking about it & how lucky I am. So easily could've happened when I was higher up......

Damn. Pretty lucky the fall wasn't worse, like you said.

You'd expect the rope to last longer than it did. Surely the life expectancy of a rope is greater than 18 months and you're entitled to a replacement under Australian Consumer Law.

Damn. Pretty lucky the fall wasn't worse, like you said.

You'd expect the rope to last longer than it did. Surely the life expectancy of a rope is greater than 18 months and you're entitled to a replacement under Australian Consumer Law.

The company has got back to me. No clear outcome yet

Definitely could have been worse. Lucky man. Did the rope actually break or has it come out of the sleeve that it hangs from (if I'm seeing it correctly).

Definitely could have been worse. Lucky man. Did the rope actually break or has it come out of the sleeve that it hangs from (if I'm seeing it correctly).
Yes, looks as though it's just pulled out of the sleeve, irrespective it just should not have happened.
shit Taurus nearly tore a new arse.

17 months old.
Def shouldn't have happened. I've rung and emailed the place where I bought it. Haven't heard back yet.
Bum feels like I've been kicked by a donkey and ribs sore too, that's why I was winded!! Fark I just can't stop thinking about it & how lucky I am. So easily could've happened when I was higher up......
Would of given the wife a scare too.
you take it easy

Ha.
Doing the run swim run today, probably good to get away from my death trap in the yard for a couple of days.
The water looks just as scary today. Fark. The swims will be tough! Lol
1459966918506ea82423af36e190a1b3.jpg

Thanks.
Well the rope is fucked now, so won't be putting it up. It's a hassle to take up and down as I need a 12ft ladder which is usually at work. No more rope climbing for me.
Get a longer rope and tie/anchor it somewhere that you can reach from the ground and run it up and over the bar that it's mounted to now. When you finish your workout, tie a cheap, thin rope to it and pull it over as you pull the thick one down. Tie it off so you know it won't get dragged back over by accident/wind gusts which is possible as it's only light. Then you can do the same and pull the thick rope up and over when required. Only downside is you need a longer length of rope which may be expensive? I believe boat suppliers sell the thick stuff reasonably cheap though.