• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Adam Coe

Adam you werent 6'1", I always remember you at under 6', more like 5'11" which is 180cm.

Spiros, Pete and Ivan were 6', you were shorter than them I'm pretty sure, I'm 5'10" (178cm)

Your profile off the CAPO website

pro_5_head.gif

Name?
Adam Coe Nickname?
Nil, as far as I'm aware
Location?
Born Melbourne 1962, resided various areas 'til 1994, when I left for sunny Perth.
Gym?
Nowadays, Scarborough Police & Citizens Youth Club; very local, & handy.
Date of Birth?
02-06-62
Height?
Um,maybe 180cm in flat feet?
Years lifting weights?
22 years approx.
Years powerlifting?
Probably 18 in total,though not all competitively.
Competition body weight?
100 kg (220 lbs)
Off season body weight?
Low 90's (205-210 lbs)
Best Competition Lifts?
At 90kg:
Squat / 300kg
Bench / 212.5kg
Deadlift / 320kg

At 100kg:
Squat / 370kg
Bench / 245kg
Deadlift / 355kg
Greatest achievement in powerlifting?
Whew! Could you pick a harder question!! Probably totalling 960kg at the '94 Nat's, but I'd run out of space naming all the fantastic people who helped me reach this total - I think they know who they are...

Occupation?
Self employed
Turn-ons?
Too naughty to reveal..
Turn-offs?
Overblown ego's..
Other interests?
The usual list of boy's toys - motor vehicles & related subjects.
Family?
12yr old son, & 2.3yr old daughter, both fantastic kids!
Pets?
Nil

Drink?
Anything sweet.
Music?
70's,80's & 90's pop.
Darkest secret?
See "Turn ons"
Celebrity most often compared to?
Ed Coan (Yeh, Right)
Most embarassing moment?
None I'm aware of.
Most crap moment?
Too many to mention..
Funniest moment?
As above..
Greatest moment?
Watching delivery of my children - nothing compares.
Final comments?
I believe the sport of powerlifting has come an enormous distance since the inception of CAPO Australia in 1991, but further & continued effort is required to elevate it to greater heights. The upcoming World Titles in Darwin will no doubt aid this quest, & the National Titles held in August each year are the pinnacle of our local efforts. I, along with all others, look forward to newer lifters taking up the challenge of breaking records set by the greats of the past, & can think of no better organization to compete in regards fairness of competition, camaraderie between athletes & depth of knowledge shared between all concerned. Best wishes to all those considering entering the world of competition powerlifting - believe me, it's a wonderful experience!

pro_5_mug.jpg

spacer.gif

<<

ac8.jpg

If you look out the window, thats the old Tarzan & Jane gym where Adam trained.

Talk about close to work lol

Cheers again Markos....!

:)
ac8.jpg

If you look out the window, thats the old Tarzan & Jane gym where Adam trained.

Talk about close to work lol

HA HA HA..!@!@ Yep, not too far in those days.!

Think the pic. might've been taken as I was....falling...asleep.....@....work...:p, as per previous comments on......this....forum (falling...asleep....now....just.....trying....to....remember.....:D)...

Hey Markos : that's the old gym where ALL of us once trained, YOU, SPIROS, IVAN, WARPIE ETC.!@!@ Not just me..!!! :)

Sure is..!!

LOL is that at the holden autowrecker

Yep, that's the old 'Holdon Wreckers' in Brunel Road, Seaford (just next to the Freeway..). Built in the late 80's ; sold sometime in this decade & now converted to a Timber Yard. Ah, the memories.! :D

Too much weight-training.....

work??
what kind of work has you sleeping on the phone?

Work..??? WHAT work..????? :)

Probably too much heavy weight-training @ the gym (over-the-road...). I......was.......exhausted....:(...too.....many......squats.....on......450kg....:D.

Too-tall..???

WOW, compared to Ed Coan at 168, you're definately a string bean Adam......I'm too tall for the 110's @ 178

Bad news for BOTH of us..!!

Back in the 80's & 90's, yank lifters (i.e. Ed Coan etc.) were (& still are....) MILES shorter than us. Mason (Jardine..), Vince (Simonetta) & Charlie (Coleiro) were/are absolutely PERFECTLY built for strength-type sports (i.e. powerlifting etc.) as a DIRECT RESULT of short stature/FANTASTIC leverages.

Oh well, maybe I should've taken-up golf....might be LOTS richer if I did..!! :D

Could be..???

Adam you werent 6'1", I always remember you at under 6', more like 5'11" which is 180cm.

Spiros, Pete and Ivan were 6', you were shorter than them I'm pretty sure, I'm 5'10" (178cm)

Sorry Markos ; did I say 6'1"..??? Not sure, although, I was (& still am....) WAY-TOO-TALL for the 90's/100's/110's.

Should've lifted @ 125, like Len said. Maybe....could've broken a Powerlifting Record (or two..???) :D

Mason, one of the All-Time Greats..!

I train with Mason sometimes, and he STILL looks like a strong, strong man!

Mason was/still is one of the ALL-TIME GREATEST lifters in AUSTRALIAN HISTORY.

Many Australian Records set/broken, numerous championships won, 865kg Tl. @ 90kg @ the '99 Nationals in lovely, tropical Canberra. GREAT guy, FANTASTIC lifter, HUGE contributor to the sport overall. HUGE inspiration in my early days.!! :)

Correct me if I'm wrong Adam, but I'm sure the Holden wreckers was a family business.

Rumours of you walking around the yard carrying engine blocks.

Small story about Tarzan & Jane gym. I was in America on my honeymoon, October 1990, when I call home and Spiros tells me Tom, the owner has done a runner. Packed up the container on a Sunday and pissed of to Tassie.

Nina and I had nearly renewed our memberships before we left, but we needed the money overseas, luckily it cost us nothing, though lots of others got burned.

The owner was a competetive bodybuilder, Tom Kulic I think his name was