• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Adam Coe

Lift.....me..?????

Do you still lift adam?

Cheers Dave...

SURE DO.! Just check-out the pic. of the Jack Daniels in my hand...lift PLENTY OF 'EM each day, WHITE-LIGHTS-ALL-THE-WAY..!! :p:D..!@!@!@!@!@

HA HA HA HA HA..!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

However....no.

But....as Sean Connery said YEARS ago....'NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN'.

Might be a few O/50's Records yet...in my weight category. Or....O/60's..??

Damn that Laurie Butler bloke...:mad:

Although....after about 6 (or so...) of those pictured Jack Daniels....maybe I'll head-on out to the shed ; try a 400kg Squat...RAW, without warming-up...:p

Keep training Dave.!

Catchya @ the next BIG Comp. :)

Although....after about 6 (or so...) of those pictured Jack Daniels....maybe I'll head-on out to the shed ; try a 400kg Squat...RAW, without warming-up.

Video please, I like to watch people hurting themselves.

Cheers Dave...

SURE DO.! Just check-out the pic. of the Jack Daniels in my hand...lift PLENTY OF 'EM each day, WHITE-LIGHTS-ALL-THE-WAY..!! :p:D..!@!@!@!@!@

HA HA HA HA HA..!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

However....no.

But....as Sean Connery said YEARS ago....'NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN'.

Might be a few O/50's Records yet...in my weight category. Or....O/60's..??

Damn that Laurie Butler bloke...:mad:

Although....after about 6 (or so...) of those pictured Jack Daniels....maybe I'll head-on out to the shed ; try a 400kg Squat...RAW, without warming-up...:p

Keep training Dave.!

Catchya @ the next BIG Comp. :)

I'm sure you mean "NEVER SHAY NEVER AGAIN"

Just joined the forum

Hello to all you aspiring strength athletes out there, and a special hello to Adam Coe, who I only met a couple of times, but was a sensational lifter and impressed me a great deal.
It's been 26 years since I last lifted for real, 882kg total @ 100kg Perth 1985 @ the South Perth Civic Centre.

Took up bodybuilding after that and won Mr WA in 86 & 87, turned 50 a few months ago and something started to itch. It was time to get serious again. Love to talk to some of the current crop of strength athletes and swap ideas.

Initials are SB, maybe some of the old crew are out there??

Hello to all you aspiring strength athletes out there, and a special hello to Adam Coe, who I only met a couple of times, but was a sensational lifter and impressed me a great deal.
It's been 26 years since I last lifted for real, 882kg total @ 100kg Perth 1985 @ the South Perth Civic Centre.

Took up bodybuilding after that and won Mr WA in 86 & 87, turned 50 a few months ago and something started to itch. It was time to get serious again. Love to talk to some of the current crop of strength athletes and swap ideas.

Initials are SB, maybe some of the old crew are out there??

Hey we have another legend amongst us. Shane I doubt if you would remember me was competeting as a junior back in 1990-1991 and then later competed with Adam Coe about 1996 on a couple of occasions. I followed powerlifting and bodybuilding back to 1982 (was barely a teenager then). I used to look up to you...used to see you at the Curtin Fitness gym. Mate its never too late....welcome to the forum

Thanks for the memories

Thanks for the warm welcome Damirp, very flattering to know that someone remembers me after all these years.
I've been away from competing a looooong time, but have kept training all these years. I was hoping to help some of the guys (and girls) with some training advice if anyone out there is interested in what an old has-been has to offer.

Yes, the old Curtin gym was certainly a fun place in the old days, we were real serious trainers back then, but had a lot of laughs at the same time.

I was hoping to help some of the guys (and girls) with some training advice if anyone out there is interested in what an old has-been has to offer.

I think we'd be stupid not to listen to what you have to say.

I just wish I knew the right questions to ask at the moment.

You're welcome, the whole training / competing thing has given me so much over the last 35 yrs, that I'd like to share what I've learned and experienced with others.
I'm really humbled that some of the crew out there even remember my name!!

I did a photo shoot with Gary in 87, but never competed against him, he was a level above anything I could aspire to. Never met Sammy, followed his career closely though. Graeme Lancefield was a guy I really looked up to, Rocco Oppens&^%*, (can't remember how to spell it), was a big player in BB back then, a lot of the action was in Melbourne.

Tom Kulic ?

I trained at his gym, with Adam Coe.

Rocco's boy lifts

Gary got in some trouble

Sammy had a gym in Thornbury

I forget the name of the cabbie with a boot full of Tuna, Greek I think, Miltos, tatts?

I actually have Aussie BB mags from back then

Morning Shane from Adam....

You're welcome, the whole training / competing thing has given me so much over the last 35 yrs, that I'd like to share what I've learned and experienced with others.
I'm really humbled that some of the crew out there even remember my name!!

Morning Shane from Adam....

1. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC to hear from you again.! ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC to have you 'on-board'.!

2. Damir's comment re : 'I used to look up to you' ; couldn't ring truer. ABSOLUTELY INSPIRATIONAL ; a HUGE influence on my own (& other guys...) lifting in the 80's (& onwards...). In Australian powerlifting history, only Vince & yourself in the Record Books in the 880's (Total...). MAGNIFICENT.!

3. Not sure if you may know of, have spoken to, Henry Day.? 'Musclepit Gymnasium' in sunny Cannington.? He's just in the early stages of organising a mini-seminar (at his gym...), probably around the month of May, featuring some of the older blokes (you, I & others i.e. Paul Jordan etc.), & various younger (read : STRONGER, HA HA HA HA..!!) fellas to speak at this event. I've obviously said yes ; I reckon Henry would be WRAPT if you were able to attend. Can speak with you later, if this could be of any interest......

4. Are you still in contact-with, or speak to, Tony Graneri.? As I have neither seen, nor heard from him in quite some time.?

Once again, ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL to have you here.!

Chat soon & kindest regards.!

Adam.