• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Adam Coe

Thanks again Kelly....

Yes always reading, haha no rush reply whenever you've got time.

Wasn't sure if you'd remember as you must have been pretty busy over the weekend. Everything's good up here, we've managed to attract another powerlifter (mitch) to the gym so now there's three of us! haha unfortunately I've never met smithy and I hear he is a busy man these days. As for the other experienced lifters Bernie Welshford and Chris Brown have both moved state. We had Dean and Vicki Cowan help us out for a while but they went off to QLD too so it's becoming harder and harder to learn from people with so much experience. Thanks for posting the outline of your training regime too, I'll have to find some of Ed Coan's stuff to read/watch as well.

Also jeez there are some strong guys here, wish I could be planning when I'm going to total 1000kg.

Thankyou again Kelly....

And...thanks for the brief N.T update.!

In 1991, Ed Coan returned to the (then....) U.S.P.F, after having lifted in the W.P.C for the previous three (or thereabouts...) years. At this U.S.P.F Senior Nationals, Ed lifted in the 100kg Class, & totalled 1092.5kg for the GREATEST LIFTING PERFORMANCE IN HISTORY. So enthralled was I when I read about this in a 'Powerlifting U.S.A' magazine, I immediately ordered a copy (on video...) of whichever day Ed lifted. Waited almost sleeplessly for it to arrive ; when it FINALLY did, chucked it in the old video machine A.S.A.P.

If you've not seen this particular performance, with Ed squatting 435kg & deadlifting 417.5kg, please try & locate this piece-of-powerlifting-history ; in my own mind, possibly one of the ALL-TIME GREATEST athletic achievements in history (there have been some studies undertaken suggesting Ed Coan may perhaps be the greatest athlete in sporting history, although, I'd not like to open a debate, or forum, with subject matter of this nature.!). :)

Cheers again Markos....

Your probably ahead of them at the same age Kelly, your doing very well.

Here, here.!

Thanks again Markos....

Haven't forgotten to reply Kelly ; will get-there eventually.!

Hey Markos : how do I add pictures etc. to my profile (or elsewhere i.e. posts etc..???). Can't figure-out how to do it..????? :confused:

Pictures to profile (I'm guessing an avatar like Markos'?)

User CP -> Edit Avatar -> Use custom avatar -> and either type in the url of the picture you like or click 'choose file' and upload it from your computer.

Pics to posts

Basically click the icon of the mountain range and type the url of the picture you want in the box

Sorry if that seemed a bit noobish, just making sure :)

Old school powerlifting pics plz :D

Thanks again Oliver...

Pictures to profile (I'm guessing an avatar like Markos'?)

User CP -> Edit Avatar -> Use custom avatar -> and either type in the url of the picture you like or click 'choose file' and upload it from your computer.

Pics to posts

Basically click the icon of the mountain range and type the url of the picture you want in the box

Sorry if that seemed a bit noobish, just making sure :)

Old school powerlifting pics plz :D

Thanks again Oliver ; think I've got it sorted.

Have posted an album of the pics. Markos originally used at the beginning of the 'Adam Coe' discussion. Should be somewheres around here....? :)

Thanks again Oliver ; think I've got it sorted.

Have posted an album of the pics. Markos originally used at the beginning of the 'Adam Coe' discussion. Should be somewheres around here....? :)

You have made an album, it's accessible through your profile but there are no images in it:

http://ausbb.com/members/arcoe960-albums-few-old-time-shots.html

You'll have to go to that album then upload some picture from your computer, or if you've already done so they just have to be approved by a moderator.

An alternative would be to upload the images here:

imgur: the simple image sharer

and then put the link to the album in a post.

Pictures up.

Do you have any others Adam? I dont suppose there are any videos of you floating around.

awesome- thanks for sharing the pics Adam. I know Leigh and Charlie, so its great to see pics of them in there with you.

Sorted...I think.?

You have made an album, it's accessible through your profile but there are no images in it:

http://ausbb.com/members/arcoe960-albums-few-old-time-shots.html

You'll have to go to that album then upload some picture from your computer, or if you've already done so they just have to be approved by a moderator.

An alternative would be to upload the images here:

imgur: the simple image sharer

and then put the link to the album in a post.

All sorted.......I think.? Pics. appear to be 'up-&-running'.! :)

Working fine now, interesting read the story behind each picture. That quad tear must have been bad.

Hmmmmm.....not sure.?

Pictures up.

Do you have any others Adam? I dont suppose there are any videos of you floating around.

Ummmmm.....videos.? Dino Toci (or somebody similar...?) had a video-dude @ the '94 Nationals, where I went 370Sq., 245Bp., 345Dl. for the 960Tl., although...I don't know if it still exists.? I've others, perhaps floating around between here & Victoria ; locating 'em will be near-on impossible.
Might be easier if you put-out an 'All-Points Alert' on this forum (& elsewhere, as you managed to unearth all those old pics. we've now posted on this site...), just in case any other members can help.?
Larry Wallen sent through some fantastic pics. of the 1987 Australian Titles in Alice Springs (my first Nationals....) which are priceless (this was the comp. where Marty Burnett opened on, what was then, the Biggest Squat in Australian History, to try & break Ray Rigby's epochal 385kg mark, Laurie went 852.5kg Total to blitz the 90kg Open Mens, & the last time we saw Glen Waszkiel lift @ 75kg...). Heidi Wittesch, Gael Mulhall etc. also 'graced-us-with-their-presence'. I think Mason Jardine has copies of some of these fab. memories ; if anyone out-there in 'Forum Land' has contact with Mason (or Larry...), we'd be in with a good chance of retrieving/posting these snaps (black-&-white, I think...). I'll poke-around in my other e-mail address folders, & try to locate 'em....:)

Thanks again Steve...

awesome- thanks for sharing the pics Adam. I know Leigh and Charlie, so its great to see pics of them in there with you.

Thanks heaps Steve.!

As per my other response, there's others (pics....) out-there in 'Old-Time Powerlifting Land' ; with some communication between members, we might be lucky-enough to unearth 'em....:)

Cheers again Dave....

Someone else wears short shorts too Sticky :D

Look pretty huge for 100kg how tall are you Adam?

Thanks Dave.!

Regrettably, always was too-tall for the 100's ('bout 185cm in those days ; shrinking downwards nowadays...:p).

Len Wilson said I should've really been a minimum of 110kg, ideally 125kg. At 110kg, I would've expected a Total of around 1000+kg, & at 125, probably 1050kg. These numbers may sound high (or, overly optimistic..:rolleyes:), however, as I was approaching high-900's in the 100kg Division, probably very possible.

Best-days' lifting I ever had was the 955kg Total in November 1993, outdoors at the Mentone Oval, Melbourne. With different (read ; BETTER..) attempts, this day should have been a 970 Tl. The 960kg Australian Record Total in July (or August...) of 1994 in Brisbane was a relatively poor-days effort, & also should have been higher. Oh well, as Markos previously mentioned, might be time to 'dust-off' the old Squat Boots & Suit & start lifting again..:D..!@!@