• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A result of your environment

Fuck me. Are you serious. Ring any club, ask what they will pay, if not happy go to the next one.

Not much to ask mate to post some links to said clubs? Makes it abit easier to have a good list of clubs to contact/send video footage too than just randomly call clubs - if you don't want to or can't post links to said clubs please just say so. Sorry mate.

I don't want to. I thought I made that clear. Why would I. A 30 second google search for different leagues and therefore clubs isn't hard.

I played in an average Sunday league and the best clubs were the ones further from the city, teams like Gidgegannup...nobody has ever heard of them but many players getting a couple hundred a game from the local farmers.
Back to powerlifting though, I do it cos it's fun, it's making me strong and muscular and there's a great bunch of people doing it. It's got nothing to do with me failing at other sports...

Last edited:
a7evy4yt.jpg

I played in an average Sunday league and the best clubs were the ones further from the city, teams like Gidgegannup...nobody has ever heard of them but many players getting a couple hundred a game from the local farmers.
Back to powerlifting though, I do it cos it's fun, it's making me strong and muscular and there's a great bunch of people doing it. It's got nothing to do with me failing at other sports...

Yea mate - its not strange for these country style teams to give out something to the 1st grade players - when I used to play down the south coast I was even given a match fee and this is a very small comp - but $1000+ to some 4th/5th grade players - never heard that before in any sport - most guys in those grades are happy to get acouple of free beers and a steak sandwich at the end of the game haha (including myself :p)

Yea mate - its not strange for these country style teams to give out something to the 1st grade players - when I used to play down the south coast I was even given a match fee and this is a very small comp - but $1000+ to some 4th/5th grade players - never heard that before in any sport - most guys in those grades are happy to get acouple of free beers and a steak sandwich at the end of the game haha (including myself :p)

Lol. Again its common, you just don't know what you are talking about. Or have a clue how country footy works.

Lol. Again its common, you just don't know what you are talking about. Or have a clue how country footy works.

Your right mate - Country AFL must be totally different to other sports - Even some of the the bigger union clubs I know of wouldnt have the cash to through around 100's of thousands of dollars a season simply of match fees - its good to see AFL is that strong though even in Country locations.

Last edited:
Your right mate - Country AFL must be totally different to other sports - Even some of the the bigger union clubs I know of wouldnt have the cash to through around 100's of thousands of dollars a season simply of match fees - its good to see AFL is that strong though even in Country locations.

Common in clubs around here to have player budgets over 200k. Again, stick to what you know buddy. Business in towns donate a lot of time and money into fund raising for footy clubs as well as their own cash the clubs make. 15 years ago people were saying it was unsustainable and it's only gotten bigger now.

I like how you say that no other sports would be like that in the world payment wise yet you didn't even know this was going on with country footy in Australia. You don't have a clue what's going on in any sport apart from your own.

I hope your other comments on this forum are coming from a better knowledge base than this.

Common in clubs around here to have player budgets over 200k. Again, stick to what you know buddy. Business in towns donate a lot of time and money into fund raising for footy clubs as well as their own cash the clubs make. 15 years ago people were saying it was unsustainable and it's only gotten bigger now.

I like how you say that no other sports would be like that in the world payment wise yet you didn't even know this was going on with country footy in Australia. You don't have a clue what's going on in any sport apart from your own.

I hope your other comments on this forum are coming from a better knowledge base than this.

lol - I think you have blown this way up - I think if you asked a fairly large % of people within club footy union/league or even AFL alot would find it surprising to hear such lower grade players earning so much money - not saying its not happening because it of course could be and as I have stated - yes of course I have heard of 1st grade players being paid that amount but lower grade players no - I have never heard that ever.

I find it strange that you keep asking me to stick to what I know? and such statements as - I hope your other comments on this forum are coming from a better knowledge base than this. I am confused as to why this has anything to do with anything?

What area are you from and I will get my mate to give it the 30 sec google you said he could do.

If you dont feel comfortable stating the area as such - as I said you can simply chuck acouple of links up of said clubs - as myself and people have stated its really not hard....

lol - I think you have blown this way up - I think if you asked a fairly large % of people within club footy union/league or even AFL alot would find it surprising to hear such lower grade players earning so much money - not saying its not happening because it of course could be and as I have stated - yes of course I have heard of 1st grade players being paid that amount but lower grade players no - I have never heard that ever.

I find it strange that you keep asking me to stick to what I know? and such statements as - I hope your other comments on this forum are coming from a better knowledge base than this. I am confused as to why this has anything to do with anything?

What area are you from and I will get my mate to give it the 30 sec google you said he could do.

What this have to do with anything? Because if you make comments on this subject, like saying it wasn't happening, which you did earlier with clearly zero knowledge on the topic. I do wonder how many other posts here are based on topics you have little knowledge on.

Tell your mate to look up any country league. Pretty simple. Like I said, if he is any good he would have had offers already. Probably better off staying where he is.

What this have to do with anything? Because if you make comments on this subject, like saying it wasn't happening, which you did earlier with clearly zero knowledge on the topic. I do wonder how many other posts here are based on topics you have little knowledge on.

Tell your mate to look up any country league. Pretty simple. Like I said, if he is any good he would have had offers already. Probably better off staying where he is.

You can't even post the clubs so that says something...as I have said I have never heard of match fees so high in the bottom grades in any sport....afl must be totally different though.

There are a few clubs on the peninsula.

easy to find, shit, tell your mate Joel to call the VAFA, VFLor the EDFL, local footy is big business and fun to watch

You can't even post the clubs so that says something...as I have said I have never heard of match fees so high in the bottom grades in any sport....afl must be totally different though.

Tell me, what does it say. I'm interested.