• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A result of your environment

Thank you Oni, I appreciate it. However, are these the real records? I mean am I understanding these numbers, age of athlete,weight class etc. correctly or am I missing something here Oni? Again, please excuse my total ignorance in the sport of powerlifting mate.

What is meant by the word "RAW"? Is that to mean no knee bandage or wrist bandage whatsoever or do they mean something else by that?

So in your opinion the above records are not really that great? Is it only for that class and age Oni, or are they all not that great in your opinion?

I've done more than these weights before but I was younger then. I looked up to see who is the rep for this organisation here in NSW and found Trent's name. I may have to join, but I'd much rather train myself at home and just rock up to the comp on the day, what do you think Oni? Thanks for your help mate and to all the powerlifters who can give me a word or two of advice regarding this sport.

Fadi.

I suspect that nobody ever bothered to lift in that division which is why it's so low. I do not think these records are good at all... You peak in strength in your late 30s early 40s so you should still be going very strong at age 50 if you've been lifting your entire life.
Raw (not RAW, it's not an abbreviation) is just a belt and knee sleeves like TKs. Then you have raw+ which is with wraps added.

If you do not want to use wraps, that's OK. You don't have to use wraps. You have two major options, one is lift with Powerlifting Australia where you have to pay more of an entry fee but you also get drug tested and you're not allowed to use wraps. The other is to lift with GPC which is slightly cheaper and there is no drug testing. Depends on your morals. Personally, I don't think you should give a fuck if you're competing against people that take steroids if you're capable of beating the records.

After a bit of searching, the real Australian records for the ages of 50-55 in the 82.5kg class are:
Squat 190kg (no wraps)
Bench 147.5kg
Deadlift 225kg
Total 530kg no wraps

Thank you for the info Oni, it's much appreciated mate.

After a bit of searching, the real Australian records for the ages of 50-55 in the 82.5kg class are:
Squat 190kg (no wraps)
Bench 147.5kg
Deadlift 225kg
Total 530kg no wraps

Oni, after closer examination, I find the difference between the records is huge! Now that I think of it and the way athlete use drugs (even in the so called tested camp), I think I'll just compete with myself.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Honestly I think you can assume that a 530kg total done at 84kg body weight was done by a guy that didn't take steroids
I did that naturally weighing 68kg, but in my 20s and in knee wraps

Yes that got me a bit lost too. Are you guys talking Great Britain or OZ?

We are talking oz but then the UK was mentioned - I highly doubt any 5th grade sport would be fully professional i.e no player or coach has to have any other form of job outside the game (There maybe match fees) - even 2nd grade Rugby Union in England is only semi-professional.

But 4th/5th Grade Union, league, AFL here in Australia - no player would be getter paid even close to $1000 in match fees - even 1st grade league in Canberra the most I have heard is $1000 per game - the biggest union club in Canberra offers some players cars, and jobs - from 2nd grade and below though players not not being paid etc.

Last edited:
Mmm, when I switched from a commercial gym to SSG, I did make some significant progress over the first 6 months, but I think that was more to do with a few tweaks to technique and programming than the people around me.

But 4th/5th Grade Union, league, AFL here in Australia - no player would be getter paid even close to $1000 in match fees - even 1st grade league in Canberra the most I have heard is $1000 per game - the biggest union club in Canberra offers some players cars, and jobs - from 2nd grade and below though players not not being paid etc.

Looooooooolllllll.

I am talking about AFL. You know nothing about afl or what people get paid here in country leagues. Plenty on 1000 and over.

Lol. Maybe stick to what you know buddy. You have no clue.

Looooooooolllllll.

I am talking about AFL. You know nothing about afl or what people get paid here in country leagues. Plenty on 1000 and over.

Lol. Maybe stick to what you know buddy. You have no clue.

Yea mate - never heard of that in any sport in such a low grade!

I have a mate who plays AFL in 1st Grade in Canberra and is looking for a move/different lifestyle and is currently looking at different AFL clubs that to be honest will pay him a good match fee (currently on about $500 a game in 1st grade) - could you please send me a link or just post them here (whatever) so I can pass them on - if 4th/5th grade players are getting $1000 - the 1st grade/2nd grade guys must be on close to $100,000 a year to play country footy - which he would shit himself to hear! - Cheers bud.

Yea mate - never heard of that in any sport in such a low grade!

I have a mate who plays AFL in 1st Grade in Canberra and is looking for a move/different lifestyle and is currently looking at different AFL clubs that to be honest will pay him a good match fee (currently on about $500 a game in 1st grade) - could you please send me a link or just post them here (whatever) so I can pass them on - if 4th/5th grade players are getting $1000 - the 1st grade/2nd grade guys must be on close to $100,000 a year to play country footy - which he would shit himself to hear! - Cheers bud.

If your mate is any good he will get offers. Post a link. Lol. What link you want me to post. Lol. http://www.paymetoplayfooty.com

Again you have showed how little you know. Blokes often can get paid more money playing footy in country leagues than VFL. That's why country leagues poach young blokes from VFL after they have given up on playing afl. Blokes travel from the city every week to play down in the country.

The top guys get roughly the same ballpark no matter what the division. Usually the top leagues have the ability to pay more further down the list.

And since you seem to always stuff what I am saying. I didn't say every bloke is on 1000 but players can get that and more. It's pretty common.

For you to say it doesn't happen is very funny since its common knowledge around here.

Stick to topics that you have a clue on.

If your mate is any good he will get offers. Post a link. Lol. What link you want me to post. Lol. http://www.paymetoplayfooty.com

Again you have showed how little you know. Blokes often can get paid more money playing footy in country leagues than VFL. That's why country leagues poach young blokes from VFL after they have given up on playing afl. Blokes travel from the city every week to play down in the country.

The top guys get roughly the same ballpark no matter what the division. Usually the top leagues have the ability to pay more further down the list.

And since you seem to always stuff what I am saying. I didn't say every bloke is on 1000 but players can get that and more. It's pretty common.

For you to say it doesn't happen is very funny since its common knowledge around here.

Stick to topics that you have a clue on.

He has had some offers from in Sydney/QLD - but all around the same $500-$750 - never heard of tops guys in 1st div getting paid the same as top guys in 5th? - Must be a totally different system to anyother sport.

If you could post a link to some of the clubs so he can contact them - cheers mate - he is currently putting a list of clubs together to contact.

I had a few mates from who played in the local clubs around the Geelong district . A few of them got offers to play for clubs around the Shepparton and Cobram area. This was about 12 years ago, I think they were making decent money...not to sure but 350 a game rings a bell in my head.

He has had some offers from in Sydney/QLD - but all around the same $500-$750 - never heard of tops guys in 1st div getting paid the same as top guys in 5th? - Must be a totally different system to anyother sport.

If you could post a link to some of the clubs so he can contact them - cheers mate - he is currently putting a list of clubs together to contact.

Again, stick to what you know buddy.

Like I said. If he has to ask clubs for money he isn't going to get it. Lol.

Again, stick to what you know buddy.

Like I said. If he has to ask clubs for money he isn't going to get it. Lol.

how hard is it to post some links so he could investigate? He is moving so it's not like clubs can mind read lol the way he is doing it now is how he ended up in Canberra.

how hard is it to post some links so he could investigate? He is moving so it's not like clubs can mind read lol the way he is doing it now is how he ended up in Canberra.

Google is your friend!