• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2014 Federal Budget

Baz, some of these oldies are at the Doctor or having tests done numerous times per week. Not to mention some take more medication than Ronnie Coleman on a blast.

Again if you can't afford 7 bucks you only have yourself to blame.

after 10 services, free for concession holders. this means max $70 a year for pensioners for health services.

Dr C

after 10 services, free for concession holders. this means max $70 a year for pensioners for health services.

Dr C

Lol. So it's not even as bad as people are making out.

if you can't afford $70 per year on medical have a look at what the hell else you are doing with your cash.

Wish my medical cost were only $70 in the last 12 months. Lol.

Lol. So it's not even as bad as people are making out.

if you can't afford $70 per year on medical have a look at what the hell else you are doing with your cash.

Wish my medical cost were only $70 in the last 12 months. Lol.
Your a hard man baz, I agree if you are a lazy bastard you deserve what you get but i would say that is a small percentage about the same as fat rich tax dogging bastards that cost us a lot more, if you are a poor sucker for no fault of your own (life can be cruel) then this is not fair,
and for the hopless lazy bastards it may be better paying them a couple of hundred a week on the dole than find them a job were they can cost a company much more
and what the fuck is it with negative gearing how much is that costing us to give people a tax break on a loosing investment so they can make a capital gain down the track get rid of that shit before hitting the struglers

Your a hard man baz, I agree if you are a lazy bastard you deserve what you get but i would say that is a small percentage about the same as fat rich tax dogging bastards that cost us a lot more, if you are a poor sucker for no fault of your own (life can be cruel) then this is not fair,
and for the hopless lazy bastards it may be better paying them a couple of hundred a week on the dole than find them a job were they can cost a company much more
and what the fuck is it with negative gearing how much is that costing us to give people a tax break on a loosing investment so they can make a capital gain down the track get rid of that shit before hitting the struglers

Are you serious. This county is full of lazy dole bludging bastards that just want more handouts and the rest of us working are subsidising them to sit on their arse all day. We have it so easy here people complain about paying $7 to see a doc, they cry poor but can't be bothered working. Lol.

There are plenty of job out there for unskilled workers.

Did I hear the top 2 % of earners account for 25% of the tax. Lol. Those rich blokes even if they are dodging tax are still more than paying their way.

Are you serious. This county is full of lazy dole bludging bastards that just want more handouts and the rest of us working are subsidising them to sit on their arse all day. We have it so easy here people complain about paying $7 to see a doc, they cry poor but can't be bothered working. Lol.

There are plenty of job out there for unskilled workers.

Did I hear the top 2 % of earners account for 25% of the tax. Lol. Those rich blokes even if they are dodging tax are still more than paying their way.

Baz, a lot of these Pensioners have fought for our country through various wars, paid taxes their entire lives and never been on Welfare (considering Welfare is pretty new, only came in during the mid 70s). They worked when work practices weren't as "safe" or regulated as now. To some degree they deserve a bit of help.

Baz, a lot of these Pensioners have fought for our country through various wars, paid taxes their entire lives and never been on Welfare (considering Welfare is pretty new, only came in during the mid 70s). They worked when work practices weren't as "safe" or regulated as now. To some degree they deserve a bit of help.

Its Australia. They are getting plenty of help. $7 doc visits for starters.

I just laugh a $7. In the last 12 months I have spent literally thousands ondoc visits, scans ect. I'm hardly really well off. It hurt but you don't blow all your cash so you can pay for this sort of stuff.

$7 lol.

Bazza, up here in albury wodonga there are lot of bludgers, but also few lower skilled jobs for those looking.

I have gone for a bunnings job. they rang yesterday for first stage phone interview, but there are still 300 people going for 20 jobs.

Bazza, up here in albury wodonga there are lot of bludgers, but also few lower skilled jobs for those looking.

I have gone for a bunnings job. they rang yesterday for first stage phone interview, but there are still 300 people going for 20 jobs.

Did I hear correctly on the radio when someone said the first 10 visits are for free for health care card holders then $7 after that? May i heard wrong.

There are plenty of jobs out there people just don't want to do them.

I said this before dairy farmers are crying out for people to work. The same goes for other farmers. The hassles we often go through and basically have to beg people to work and pay them well above what they are worth and half the time the still can't be bothered.

Of those 300 going for the job I bet half of them are just applying to keep the dole going with no intention of trying to get the job.

Of those 300 going for the job I bet half of them are just applying to keep the dole going with no intention of trying to get the job.
doesn't work like that , only time centrelink has to know that you applied for a job is if the job network member puts your name forward for the position , but that is very unlikely as the job network members aren't there to find jobs their whole job is just to be a middle man for centrelink

If you can't find a job where you are, move.

The Government has taken away the hand outs that have been there for so long, in order to preserve and maintain long term prosperity.

A family of four with a health care card gets 10 visits per person, if you visit the Doc 10 times per year then there is something wrong.

The part i cannot fathom is the complaint about $5 per script, fuck me, the Government pays the other 99% of the cost of whatever you're buying, a cancer antibody that costs $40,000 WHOLESALE for a years treatment (80k to the Government) costs you $36, but imagine having to pay 5 whole dollars extra.

For the record, i am going to get hid HARD by these changes, but still manage to realise that we have it grander than most.

I hope you are right, I would like to get some casual work at bunnings.

baza, I have not read budget papers yet, but press reports below
'Bulk billed patients will be hit with a $7 charge for seeing a doctor, this is the amount doctors will have to charge if they want to keep certain government incentive payments..
General patients will have to pay the charge every time they see a doctor but pensioners will only have to pay the charge on ten visits to the doctor and parents will only have to pay the charge for ten visits for each child.
This same $7 charge will be added to the cost of blood and urine and other pathology tests (87 per cent are currently bulk billed) and X-rays, MRIs and other medical imaging tests (74.8 per cent are currently bulk billed).'

http://www.news.com.au/finance/econ...-test-or-an-xray/story-fn84fgcm-1226916551471

Sounds like a great idea.

Why don't i (for example) think 'hmm there are no jobs in Mackay, i should go move to somewhere where there is a job.

Where are there jobs available?

Ok i found a place 1000 km's away that has jobs... now how the fuck do i get there.

Ok i managed to get here on the bus.

Where am i going to stay?

Ok i managed to find a magic home that i can stay at for a while.

Now where is my interview suit?

Ok i managed to find a suit i can wear for some interviews.

"Sure we can take you on for 3 hours a week so you won't be unemployed"

Yay!... Oh wait...

Seriously though, in the interests of developing the economy there should be some initiatives in places for businesses to branch out to some regional centres of low employment with the aim of getting people onto a payroll, allowing the whole area to be that much better off, rather than bring in people from underemployed areas to the capitals.

I live 210km away from my home town during the week and rent an additional apartment which costs me a fortune, but being in a small town with no jobs i had to look elsewhere and i did. It's quite simple really, but when the Government hands everything out on a silver platter, where is the incentive?

I agree with you 100%, so many young people in Tassie leave the state for victoria to work every single year. Some are not lucky enough to do so and get trapped in the cycle of never having enough money to get out.

One of the biggest things for some people are university campuses to allow people to get a degree in something that will get them a decent job though. But with the governments de-regulation of uni fees, will that have a big impact?

Yes there should be more work done to get people off welfare (national service, farming/picking work, study etc) but there are no plans to get more people doing it.

This is key point 'Yes there should be more work done to get people off welfare (national service, farming/picking work, study etc) but there are no plans to get more people doing it'.

For coalition govt, it knows that many of our businesses need to be competitive in terms of costs to compete with imports.

However, a lot of Aussies cannot accept this reality, so employers exploit cheaper immigrant worker option.

Key is to have plans about how to coax our own labour in both a cheaper and effective way.

Golden days for Aust are over, as long as the current adherence to free trade rules the day.

I even wrote to a few unis to offer my services for a lower wage, but no interest. Each sector wants to protect their conditions rather than realise that there are now fewer resources to go around.

6ajy2yzu.jpg

my place had 20 jobs advertised , they got 2500 applications , 125 applications per a job

and how do you propose that a person pay for moving costs and other associated costs , when they can barely pay for their current lot of bills?