• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

0ni's diet log

[MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION];
Who is Ivy? I still take some of the CBL approach with my diet, and read the keto book while on holidays. I'm always keen to increase my knowledge from other sources so I can put together what will work for me and my lifestyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

John Ivy. He produced pretty much the seminal work on nutrient timing called (you got it) Nutrient Timing. I'll flick some info on it this weekend.

There is nothing wrong with carb nite or carb backloading really but nothing right about it either. Actually I'd say it's the other way around, it's right and wrong at the same time.

Smashing back 500g of sugar post training is a recipe for type 2 diabetes. He recommends you train at 5 then eat 30-45 minutes later. Most people are going to be pretty dehydrated post training and that will just sit there in the small intestine all night and way into the morning. The premise you can do this and still be in keto or "fat burning mode" with no insulin is simply hilarious at best. I've made the switch from ice cream to sweet potato fries. Although I'll most likely take this a step further and go almost entirely paleo. So my post workout carb ups will most likely be protein first followed by an assload of high fibre, low sugar fruits. You'd want to spike insulin as much as possible obviously so the focus would be on beef, cheese and eggs for protein. Blueberries covered in whipping cream would be amazing I think. I'm kind of against spiking your insulin then taking in an assload of fat but I am hard pressed to think of good paleo moderate protein, high carb and low fat cheat meals. Maybe I'd have to make an omelette or something and follow it up with fruit and save the cream, IDK I need to think

John Ivy. He produced pretty much the seminal work on nutrient timing called (you got it) Nutrient Timing. I'll flick some info on it this weekend.

There is nothing wrong with carb nite or carb backloading really but nothing right about it either. Actually I'd say it's the other way around, it's right and wrong at the same time.

Smashing back 500g of sugar post training is a recipe for type 2 diabetes. He recommends you train at 5 then eat 30-45 minutes later. Most people are going to be pretty dehydrated post training and that will just sit there in the small intestine all night and way into the morning. The premise you can do this and still be in keto or "fat burning mode" with no insulin is simply hilarious at best. I've made the switch from ice cream to sweet potato fries. Although I'll most likely take this a step further and go almost entirely paleo. So my post workout carb ups will most likely be protein first followed by an assload of high fibre, low sugar fruits. You'd want to spike insulin as much as possible obviously so the focus would be on beef, cheese and eggs for protein. Blueberries covered in whipping cream would be amazing I think. I'm kind of against spiking your insulin then taking in an assload of fat but I am hard pressed to think of good paleo moderate protein, high carb and low fat cheat meals. Maybe I'd have to make an omelette or something and follow it up with fruit and save the cream, IDK I need to think

Fuck im blowing some smoke up kiefers ass butttt
That whole eat like a pig get shredded is a sales gimmick, he actually prescribes and sees vetter results with foods that are "cleaner" conpared to high fat pastries etc and going for things like rice, potata, starchy foods, and glucose, not sugar!! As glucose is abosorbed a fuck load different compared to table sugar which is soaked up by the liver

That whole eat like a pig get shredded is a sales gimmick, he actually prescribes and sees vetter results with foods that are "cleaner" conpared to high fat pastries etc and going for things like rice, potata, starchy foods, and glucose, not sugar!! As glucose is abosorbed a fuck load different compared to table sugar which is soaked up by the liver

Table sugar is 50% glucose.

I was refering to oni"s past comment, yes it does but only a certain amount of fructose before it turns to fat storage rather then energy

i know that. i grind extra fat into my burgers, i just thought you had found 25% fat mince somewhere...

Dude just ask your butcher for the fattiest mince he has. Fuck. How hard is this?

Really what you want to be doing is pre and post workout having some protein with some carbs. Two scoops of protein and a scoop of sugar or flour is perfect.
Then you go home and eat your clean, paleo food that is good for you and not sugary shit.
Kiefer saw this and thought that more = better and missed the boat entirely. You end up getting a massive ass spike of insulin that will last 12 hours. Spike the insulin when you need it and let it come back down to a healthy level. Post training insulin sensitivity lasts 45 minutes usually before it starts to decrease. With regular refeeding this can last for 6 hours from medical studies. You don't need a lot of carbs to refill your glycogen at all.

Who has 500g table sugar a day?

The liver handles fructose fine.

The main issue is that fructose will preferably fill liver glycogen over muscle glycogen.
For a keto adapted athlete, this is bad. For someone that isn't in ketosis, it makes no difference really. On a CBL style diet I highly doubt you'd be in ketosis, especially with the number of sugars he recommends.

Dude just ask your butcher for the fattiest mince he has. Fuck. How hard is this?

0ni your a fuckin idiot sometimes. you said you ate 25% fat mince, i asked where you got it and you couldnt answer because you dont get it. end of topic.

Last edited:
0ni your a fuckin idiot sometimes. you said you ate 25% fat mince, i asked where you got it and you couldnt answer because you dont get it. end of topic.

I get it from the butchers
Stop being a fucking autist, it's 25% fat. I know this because I asked the butcher
Like I fucking said, you ask your fucking butcher

I really need a new phone. Fuck.
Also, I am seeing very little difference in looks and performance pre and post carb up. So I am going to reduce it a little I think and increase protein. I'll probably eat 1kg of wings or around the 2500kcal mark in meat like a low calorie day then have a savoury dessert or chips on the side. KFC would be perfect, haha

r3tbxt5.jpg

bqP46vA.jpg

I get it from the butchers
Stop being a fucking autist, it's 25% fat. I know this because I asked the butcher
Like I fucking said, you ask your fucking butcher

He asked a simple question. Don't act like a tosspot all the time, it's getting long in the tooth.

Is there really 2500kcal in 1kg of wings?

It's so easy to down half a kilo in one go and still go for more.

I gave it a google but couldn't find a solid answer.

Is there really 2500kcal in 1kg of wings?

It's so easy to down half a kilo in one go and still go for more.

I gave it a google but couldn't find a solid answer.

2220kcal roughly. More if you eat the bones.
And yes, you eat the skin. Only the largest bones should remain ideally.
Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Chicken, broilers or fryers, wing, meat and skin, raw
Select 100g under serving size.

And Shrek, I don't care. I told him to go to the Butchers eleventy billion times and it got tiring. It doesn't take a big leap of logic to ask the dude who's job it is to process it from cuts and sell it the approximate fat content of the meat. Most butchers have at least 3-4 different types of mince and as I stated, the cheapest is nearly always the fattiest and far fattier than the stuff at coles

Drum sticks always end up both dry and oily at the same time for me.
When I bake chicken wings I can get them now so they are tender on the inside but crispy on the outside and hardly any oil. They are amazing.

Also fucking around is a non-issue for me because I eat pretty much all of it apart from the largest bone.